Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

It is laughable.

I more or less agree,but only if you assume Ben figures he has a much better chance of winning in Pittsburgh relative to Buffalo and if you think he still has a lot of time left.

He's 32 and has been beaten on for years.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some on this board have maintained the Bills will look to make a big splash with a QB. I do not think they have the ammunition to trade up without a 1 this year. Trading for a quality veteran whose team is looking to move on would be logical. The is likely to be someone in that category and perhaps even someone not currently thought of. Kap or Rivers, possibly Manning make he most sense. What's about Brese?

Despite the turmoil down here with the Saints franchise, it isn't going to happen. Brees will be here beyond when he probably should in all likelihood. He is still playing at a really high level and is the franchise icon. I could see him as one of those guys in like 5-6 years that is a shell of himself that they are still trotting out there. They have been talking about trying to bring in a successor ala Jimmy Garoppolo to groom. I am not sure if they will try to get someone like Hundley this year or wait a year on that guy. Either way, Brees won't be available.

Andy Dalton as well

Ah yes, I didn't think about him. Good add Bandit!!

he can be obnoxious about it when he is proven "right" but agree that he seems to have a good source. Especially as it pertains to personnel decisions.

Hey, Yolo, I don't come by as much as I used to...remind me of some of the things that Massare has been right about in the past...

I more or less agree,but only if you assume Ben figures he has a much better chance of winning in Pittsburgh relative to Buffalo and if you think he still has a lot of time left.

He's 32 and has been beaten on for years.

The point is that he isn't a FA and the Steelers have no intention of moving on from him. It is kind of like the Brees situation in New Orleans. I have been hoping that Atlanta may hit the panic button or the reset button and we could land Ryan for a 2nd and 2 1sts.

Hey, Yolo, I don't come by as much as I used to...remind me of some of the things that Massare has been right about in the past...

Brandon Spikes

The point is that he isn't a FA and the Steelers have no intention of moving on from him. It is kind of like the Brees situation in New Orleans. I have been hoping that Atlanta may hit the panic button or the reset button and we could land Ryan for a 2nd and 2 1sts.

Sign...me...up...now

Brandon Spikes

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking Big Ben was a free agent !

I agree Brees will not move anywhere for a long time.

I'd point you to Nick Foles, or Mark Sanchez. Both backup caliber QBs being thought of as saviors by some here.

Hey, if Sanchez has another AFC championship appearance left in him I'll take him!

In the meantime we can work on finding a better, more permanent solution.

Hey, if Sanchez has another AFC championship appearance left in him I'll take him!

I thought Sanchez might be a guy the Bills would consider bringing in until we got Rex.

I just don't think Rex will want to bring that circus into town. The media would have a hayday with the tattoo thing and the butt fumble.

exactly...it's about getting the best that you can get, hopefully it will be better than what you have

I'd point you to Nick Foles, or Mark Sanchez. Both backup caliber QBs being thought of as saviors by some here.

Meh, both of those guys have been talked about plenty. Neither would be a big "splash."

At this point, I could see them try to bring in Schaub (assuming Oakland doesn't want to pay him $5.5m to back up Carr) and draft a QB in Rd3-4.

Oh Jeezus Christ no.

I've maintained that Eli could very well be on the table...and so far as I know I'm the only one that believes that...

I was banging this drum at the start of the season, but don't you think things have changed with the emergence of Beckham? I see the Giants as a team trying to win now, which I did not see back in September.

This kind of jives with what Leroi (TBD insider) was mentioning last month. That the fans don't have any idea what's in store for them and that there is no real hope for EJ (which was all but verified when he was spoken of in the same vein as Tuel).

Who knows what they're thinking of doing, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Fool me once...etc.

Yup that was my thought too, something big is brewing.

But nearly every possible option has been talked about. A lot.

I was banging this drum at the start of the season, but don't you think things have changed with the emergence of Beckham? I see the Giants as a team trying to win now, which I did not see back in September.

I see them as more of a rebuilding team, but they are certainly in a winnable division