All time dumbest playcall in a Super Bowl with game on line

patfitz

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was nervous as soon as I saw them run it. Wasnt totally surprised with the outcome.

2x beast or sneak Wilson. At most roll Wilson out on olay action, and only throw if TE or WR is wide open on blown coverage. If they get to 4th thats when they can try last play

Who made the call:

Carroll?

OC?

Wilson audible?

Most definitely. That's all I have ever seen Seattle do with 1-2 yards to punch it in... Lynch or designed roll-out.

Seattle outsmarted themselves by getting away from the most reliable recipe that has given them success in such short yardage. Bewildering.

I'm waiting to hear what Marshawn says about the play call in his press conference....

"I think they should be fined..."

And new england hired the guy the Browns didn't want.

Seriously, what do you get by constantly $hitting on everyone's posts?

Fair enough about NE. But pointing out that the Bills hired who they did is not $hitting on a post. Wasn't my top choice (nor Kim's--lol), but I'm on record as getting behind the hire.

relax

I usually don't care because it's just a game and these guys make millions, but I genuinely felt bad for the Seahawks coach after that game. Regardless of how stupid that call was, it basically went as badly as it could and he will literally never live it down for the rest of his career or llife. You could see it in his eyes. He'll still be mulling it over in his head while he's trying to fall asleep 30 years from now.

I usually don't care because it's just a game and these guys make millions, but I genuinely felt bad for the Seahawks coach after that game. Regardless of how stupid that call was, it basically went as badly as it could and he will literally never live it down for the rest of his career or llife. You could see it in his eyes. He'll still be mulling it over in his head while he's trying to fall asleep 30 years from now.

Yup.

If you run three times and they stuff you it's still heartwrenching but you can eventually live with it. You got beat.

But they literally handed them the Lombardi with that idiotic call.

And the worst part is, Belichick completely choked by failing to call a TO and letting the clock run. Marshawn pounds it in and the Pats have no time left.

He didnt choke. He decided to let it ride. 3 plays and they HAVE to score or WE WIN. He didnt call the time out because he was willing to put the game on the line right then and there and it paid off.

I don't disagree, I just don't think this is the tag line of this Super Bowl if Chris Collins doesn't go nuts about it. And I'm sure it's not if they score on the play.

Collins was right to go nuts about it, IMO. It was so blatantly obvious. Run the ball with Marshawn Lynch...2nd down and time-out left. Why throw vs that secondary?

I beg to differ. While the play call was questionable, that rookie DB made a GREAT play and took the Lombardi from the Hawks. That undrafted rook made one helluva play.

Questionable? Reprehensible if you ask me.

Not taking anything away from the young DB. He made a great play after that disgraceful play call.

I beg to differ. While the play call was questionable, that rookie DB made a GREAT play and took the Lombardi from the Hawks. That undrafted rook made one helluva play.

I run it for two reasons:

1) It's Beast Mode for a SB win

2) Grind more time off the clock if we don't make it

Just awful all around on the pass. The Patriots* D was slumping... That's when you line up and slam it right at them.

But thankfully they aren'y my team! If it was the Bills Rex and Roman smash it in and head up to make us all cry as they hoist the trophy!

I just read Carroll and Bevel's statements after the game. They still don't get. They are actually defending the play call, as if they would do the same thing over again if the situation presented itself. Absolutely dumfounding. Just say what everyone knows: "It was a screw-up of historic proportions and there is no excuse for it whatsoever. I apologize to our players and our fans. "

I just read Carroll and Bevel's statements after the game. They still don't get. They are actually defending the play call, as if they would do the same thing over again if the situation presented itself. Absolutely dumfounding. Just say what everyone knows: "It was a screw-up of historic proportions and there is no excuse for it whatsoever. I apologize to our players and our fans. "

Are you for real? You aren't a publicist I take it.

Bruce Irvin just THREW Bevell under the bus, freight train.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/02/bruce-irvin-we-were-on-5-yard-line-we-throwing-slants-video/

LOL

I think the call was bad, however, not so sure if it's the worst ever. Equally as bad was in the Super Bowl with the 49ers/Ravens. 49ers had football on the Raven 5 yard line 1st and goal. 4 straight in completions to Crabtree in a row. They had a play I saw them run during the year with success where they had Colin in shot gun and a couple of TEs or Guards or FBs and seep left with a lot of interference and bull their way in. Wouda worked. Didn't call it one.

Edited by reddogblitz

Bruce Irvin just THREW Bevell under the bus, freight train.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/02/bruce-irvin-we-were-on-5-yard-line-we-throwing-slants-video/

A lot of OCs have a tendency to get too cute down in the red zone. Its like they cook up some play all week and then get fixated on running it, no matter what the circumstances dictate. Remember when I think it was mularkey had Travis henry throwing a pass that got picked off? I think schottenheimer when he was with jets did the same kind of play that backfired and cost a playoff game Edited by JTSP

A lot of OCs have a tendency to get too cute down in the red zone. Its like they cook up some play all week and then get fixated on running it, no matter what the circumstances dictate. Remember when I think it was mularkey had Travis henry throwing a pass that got picked off? I think schottenheimer when he was with jets did the same kind of play that backfired

All true, but I'm shocked that he totally dissed his OC on TV.

Just curious. How can the NE* center bob his head like that before the snap on the kneel downs?

The center is allowed to do head bobs without drawing a penalty. It happens fairly regularly.

The Pats rookie made a great play, there is no doubt about it. I see that people are saying this is like the Tuel pick 6, but it's not. Unfortunately for Tuel, the defender stumbled into the right spot. Last night the route was jumped well.

Anyone else find it arrogant that basically the plan wasn't to win the game on that play? Carroll said something about they were planning to score on third or fourth down. Man punch it in, even if Wilson throws incomplete you stop the clock, so the whole "leave no time on the clock thing makes zero sense". Just RUN