Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

@AdamSchefter: Jets are expected to pursue free-agent-to-be CB Darrelle Revis to see if they can bring him back to New York, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: Not just Jets interested in Darrelle Revis; Rex Ryan will try to lure the free-agent-to-be CB to Buffalo as well. AFC East in on Revis.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What former Patriot that Belicheat lets go has been worth a damn?

I think they want him back. If he leaves it won't be because they "let him go" it's because he got more money. If you want Revis on the Bills you want to root for the Pats to win tonight (and then take a shower) I think. If he gets a SB ring I think it's more likely he leaves for the biggest contract. IMO.

I said this was going to happen. Revis was going to reunite with Rex.

What former Patriot that Belicheat lets go has been worth a damn?

The only reason hey have to let him go is b.c he would cost them $25 million next year.

There is no doubt the Jets need him more than the Bills do. Interesting though - Revis, Gilmore, Graham, Leo, and Robey? That's one way to try to to beat Brady.

Bad idea. Bills all ready have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Revis is a big money player. Buffalo has far more pressing needs to spend money on and the secondary ain't it.

Bills have money for Revis and pressing needs.

Bad idea. Bills all ready have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Revis is a big money player. Buffalo has far more pressing needs to spend money on and the secondary ain't it.

I tend to agree with this. Signing Revis, while intriguing, would be a luxury. I'd rather focus on re-signing Hughes and trying to get another QB. Those are more pressing issues.

I think they want him back. If he leaves it won't be because they "let him go" it's because he got more money. If you want Revis on the Bills you want to root for the Pats to win tonight (and then take a shower) I think. If he gets a SB ring I think it's more likely he leaves for the biggest contract. IMO.

I think he leaves even if the Patriots lose the Super Bowl.

Edited by Mark Vader

There is no doubt the Jets need him more than the Bills do. Interesting though - Revis, Gilmore, Graham, Leo, and Robey? That's one way to try to to beat Brady.

I like McKelvin, but his presence would become superfluous with Revis in Buffalo. Cutting him saves the Bills a combined $6.8 mill the next two seasons and Revis-Gilmore-Graham would be one of the best CB trios in the game.

Edited by Omar Little

Kind of surprised Schefter didn't point out how Marrone could attract Revis to the Jags given how St. Doug is a hot commodity and attracts the best talent.

Well, as Schefty pointed out, St. Douglas the Obvious will likely be atop everybody's head coaching list next year, so Revis is just waiting to see where he lands, probably New England or Pittsburgh.

I like McKelvin, but his presence would become superfluous with Revis in Buffalo. Cutting him saves the Bills a combined $6.8 mill the next two seasons and Revis-Gilmore-Graham would be one of the best CB trios in the game.

i agree, but I wouldn't cut him. I think he has trade value.

I don't get the impression that the Bills will be looking to cut people in order to save cap space.

I don't get the impression that the Bills will be looking to cut people in order to save cap space.

They should be if they can use the cap space to address more pressing issues - i.e., OL or TE. In addition to Revis, free agents like Mike Iupati and Julius Thomas are perfect fits for the Bills. They're also going to cost a lot. The Bills don't need to dedicate $4.9 million to a No. 4 corner.

Edited by Omar Little

I'm sorry, I just can't root for the Pats. I think if they were playing the Taliban I'd have to root for the Taliban.

Can we sign Hughes and still have money for Revis?

Exactly. And we want to bring in a veteran QB too. Maybe a FA TE. It adds up. People salivate over guys like Revis, but the Bills would be far more productive if they turn weaknesses like OL into a strength. Taking an all ready great secondary and trying to improve it could be a huge mistake. What if we sign Revis for one year and he is injured early in the season? I like Revis. I just think the Bills are better off making splashes on the offensive side of the ball and retaining our guys on defense.