Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

Haven't really paid attention to Revis lately but is he still good?

If not this concerns me that Rex is is going after old guys that he knows and still thinks are good.

Revis is elite, let alone good. PFF rated him as the fourth-best corner in the league during the regular season and his passer rating against was in the 60s. That's despite facing teams' top receivers week in and week out. He turns opposing QBs into bums when they throw his way, for all intents and purposes.

Edited by Omar Little

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ, adding Revis would put our Defense on another stratosphere. Please don't compare Revis to any of our corners just not fair to him. Imagine what type of blitzes we can send when we have a couple of shutdown corners. With the addition of Revis and Kiko this defense won't give up more then 13-14 a gm.

Another stratosphere? Really? We have a top 5 defense without Kiko now. Revis is 29yrs old and going to command big money. Our secondary is one of the best in the league now without Revis. This is wasted money. Money that can be spent on fixing things that need to be fixed. Even if we cannot retain Hughes, we still need to find a replacement. Our offense has been a perennial bottom feeder for years and we need to bring in a veteran QB.

The concept of working on things that are actually weaknesses seems to be lost on people here. Everybody has heard of Revis though, so that must be a good get. I don't buy it. Our OL sucks. Our QB situation sucks. Our RB and TE spots could use some improvement but hey....lets go buy something we don't need.

What former Patriot that Belicheat lets go has been worth a damn?

Aqib Talib?

A healthy Revis/Gilmore guarantees the Bills four wins next year: the AFC South opponents. There are no QB/WR combos in that entire division that could move the ball an inch against a secondary that looks like that.

Andrew Luck not play in that division anymore?

If we got Julius Thomas and Revis this offseason then hell would freeze over and we would win the superbowl next year.

Even without a QB?

I'm sorry, I just can't root for the Pats. I think if they were playing the Taliban I'd have to root for the Taliban.

Still can't root for the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, D'aesh or the like. Not after what they've done to people. I will however, root for the A-10 Warthog close air support missions and Peshmerga fighters who may or may not be joined by US Forces.

Edited by BillsVet

Another stratosphere? Really? We have a top 5 defense without Kiko now. Revis is 29yrs old and going to command big money. Our secondary is one of the best in the league now without Revis. This is wasted money. Money that can be spent on fixing things that need to be fixed. Even if we cannot retain Hughes, we still need to find a replacement. Our offense has been a perennial bottom feeder for years and we need to bring in a veteran QB.

The concept of working on things that are actually weaknesses seems to be lost on people here. Everybody has heard of Revis though, so that must be a good get. I don't buy it. Our OL sucks. Our QB situation sucks. Our RB and TE spots could use some improvement but hey....lets go buy something we don't need.

You're not fixing QB this offseason. It's either Manuel or some other flawed option. No use allocating a ton of cap space to that position, considering the lackluster options. The Bills have the cap room to sign Revis and improve in other areas (OL, TE). If they can add one of the best defenders in the game for a semi-palatable contract - which remains to be seen - they should do it, regardless of position. Revis in, McKelvin out transforms a good secondary into an all-world one. A defensive line without Hughes and with the Williams bros and Dareus would more than hold its own. I love Hughes, but it's true. Combining those three with an LB corps whose best player will return, a secondary with Revis, Gilmore, Graham and Williams and a defensive genius (Ryan) at the helm would be magical.

Edited by Omar Little

I could not agree more. This is not a pressing need and there are numerous others. I would rather see available cap space spent resigning Hughes and Searcy, and bringing in some real talent on the OL. Thankfully, this is just speculation on Schefter's part, no doubt fueled by "inside info" from Revis' agent trying to pump up his value.

I like McKelvin, but his presence would become superfluous with Revis in Buffalo. Cutting him saves the Bills a combined $6.8 mill the next two seasons and Revis-Gilmore-Graham would be one of the best CB trios in the game.

They wouldn't cut McKelvin. They would trade him. He has value. He could probably get them a 3rd from some team. But I'm not convinced they would trade him. They could move Graham to Free Safety, Keep McKelvin in the 3rd CB spot.

Edited by purple haze

I could not agree more. This is not a pressing need and there are numerous others. I would rather see available cap space spent resigning Hughes and Searcy, and bringing in some real talent on the OL. Thankfully, this is just speculation on Schefter's part, no doubt fueled by "inside info" from Revis' agent trying to pump up his value.

Why do you believe they couldn't re-sign Hughes? The cap is going up exponentially the upcoming league year. Say they re-structure Mario's deal, that's even more money added. The Bills don't have to re-up Dareus or Gilmore right this second. They can wait for during the season. Bills can have their cake and eat it too for a little while.

He's not bringing back a third. I agree, though, that he should be shopped before cut. As I said, he's done here either way if Revis signs.

Why do you think he wouldn't get them a 3rd? McKelvin can play. He's a good CB and a good return man. A couple costly errors here and there doesn't change that dynamic. He makes a lot of plays too in both areas.

Edited by purple haze

Winning the Super Bowl is a "luxury"

Let's go be GREAT. I don't want to shoot for 10-6 and a first round loss in New England*.

I want to shoot for a Super Bowl parade in downtown Buffalo!

You have to get to the playoffs before you get to the super bowl

You are not going to do that with a crap offense no matter HOW good the defense is

You have to get to the playoffs before you get to the super bowl

You are not going to do that with a crap offense no matter HOW good the defense is

Who said the offense had to be crap. Revis does not preclude a good offense. I'm not saying they should sign Revis. But it wouldn't be a bad thing either. I'm sure they have a plan. We should let things play out.

Why do you think he wouldn't get them a 3rd? McKelvin can play. He's a good CB and a good return man. A couple costly errors here and there doesn't change that dynamic. He makes a lot of plays too in both areas.

It's a lofty price for a decent player who's about to turn 30 and only has two years of team control left. I think a late-round pick is a lot likelier than a third.

I would keep mckelvin. You can never have enough corners.

True. But with Robey he may be #5. You could probably get a #4 pick for him. He's way better than 80-90% of fourth round picks. A starting cb who can make plays and return kicks for a #4? Someone would do that. Maybe even a low 3 on a team that thinks they can compete.