Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

Not necessarily but I think that he is an elite playmaker. I'd give him 8-10 carries, 4-5 screens and have him returning kicks. He's a rich man's Shane Vereen. Spiller is going to come cheap. He will cost less next year than he did this year. I think $3m-$4m a year. I look at Spiller as a Swiss Army knife type of guy. He can win games on his own with big plays. He is by no means an every down back but you don't need him to be.

Spiller is a threat to score from anywhere. To me, that's worth having around and you figure out a way to use him.

As for Revis, he'll be 30 when the next season starts. (It seems he's been around FOREVER and should be older.) You get to the point where he's trying to protect his guaranteed earnings, and teams are trying to avoid getting stuck with a deal that ties them up even after he starts declining. How long can he play at this level? I really have no idea.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. As the season ended this year, I wondered what could have been if we had Revis.

Thats not the point correct me if i am wrong but you are questioning why Rex has been brought in as HC

Players love to play for him.....we are buffalo.......Revis would come to play for Rex

That is reason number 1......playmakers would choose to play for Rex (and of course would be paid) but in seasons past would these players come to Buffalo?

He's not bringing back a third. I agree, though, that he should be shopped before cut. As I said, he's done here either way if Revis signs.

Not true at all. Graham was playing safety before McKelvin got hurt. McKelvin would be the #3 CB. Unless we were going to use the money on another FA. I am fine with either. But, you don't cut depth for the sake of cutting people. You don't make CAP space if you are not going to use it. At least not in this new regime or other good teams.

You have to get to the playoffs before you get to the super bowl

You are not going to do that with a crap offense no matter HOW good the defense is

So, you are agreeing we can win in The playoffs this way? Against playoff teams. But, you don't think we can get to the playoffs beating lesser teams. You just like to argue. Silly rabbit.

woodson moved to Safety. He actually had a really good year but he's 10 years older than Revis and makes 1 mill/yr so not sure of that comparison.

Yea, I know. But this Revis thing is crazy talk. People start going all ga ga over a name that they heard of. I think Sammy would love to line up against him and I think Sammy would come out on top too. I don't want that. I want a young hungry recruit that will be around for a while. And won't cost so much. Buffalo has a long history of developing great DBs. Keep the trenches beefed up and develop the back end.

Yea, I know. But this Revis thing is crazy talk. People start going all ga ga over a name that they heard of. I think Sammy would love to line up against him and I think Sammy would come out on top too. I don't want that. I want a young hungry recruit that will be around for a while. And won't cost so much. Buffalo has a long history of developing great DBs. Keep the trenches beefed up and develop the back end.

Sammy's didn't come out on top.

revis is a 1st team all pro, true lock down corner who was the key part of a defense led by our HC who got to two AFC title games with a crap QB. Not just a name.

Sammy did line up against him, and did not come out on top. Yet.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Thats not the point correct me if i am wrong but you are questioning why Rex has been brought in as HC

Players love to play for him.....we are buffalo.......Revis would come to play for Rex

That is reason number 1......playmakers would choose to play for Rex (and of course would be paid) but in seasons past would these players come to Buffalo?

Forgive me, but I heard that Rex would benefit this defense and get them over the top by virtue of just being the coach. Now that Revis is being talked about, suddenly Rex + one of the best CB's in the game will get us over the top. So, is the first sentence no longer true? Does Jim Schwartz + Revis get us over the top as well?

Forgive me, but I heard that Rex would benefit this defense and get them over the top by virtue of just being the coach. Now that Revis is being talked about, suddenly Rex + one of the best CB's in the game will get us over the top. So, is the first sentence no longer true? Does Jim Schwartz + Revis get us over the top as well?

Probably....but would Revis come to Buffalo if Rex was not here....

Look I see both sides of this coin....but I think Rex is a excellent coach....he motivates players and players will come here to play for him. His O and D choices (even though I did like Schwartz) were both excellent hires......

Probably the best coach we have had here in a long long time.

Huh?

What are you having trouble comprehending?

Keep on spending your money on expensive toys and see where it gets you, Mr. Snyder. Revis is 29yrs old and OK McKelvin is the same age. I knew someone would start the comparison game. Frankly, you never even read my post. I even stated that I did not say that McKelvin was better. Again, the Bills pass defense is right now ranked 3rd best in the league. You think Revis all by himself is going to make it better, and after losing a 10 sack per season player like Hughes? Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time. He is going to fade just like a lot of great player do. Let's sign him up quick so he can fade on our roster. When was the last time you heard Charles Woodson's name in the news? Or in Pro Bowl discussions? Did you even know he was still in the league?

Of course Revis by himself is going to make the defense better. Elite defenders tend to do that. And of course he's going to eventually fade. Did I say the Bills should sign him to a super long deal that will cripple their cap situation years down the line? No, I didn't. I knew Woodson was still in the league. He's still playing at a high level. Pretty sure he picked off a pass against the Bills not too long ago.

Not true at all. Graham was playing safety before McKelvin got hurt. McKelvin would be the #3 CB. Unless we were going to use the money on another FA. I am fine with either. But, you don't cut depth for the sake of cutting people. You don't make CAP space if you are not going to use it. At least not in this new regime or other good teams.

i never said you cut depth for the sake of cutting people. But if cutting/trading McKelvin helps pay for Iupati or Thomas or someone who would bolster another need area, then it's a no-brainer. If they can afford to keep him while properly addressing their trouble positions, fine. All the better.

Edited by Omar Little

Probably....but would Revis come to Buffalo if Rex was not here....

Look I see both sides of this coin....but I think Rex is a excellent coach....he motivates players and players will come here to play for him. His O and D choices (even though I did like Schwartz) were both excellent hires......

Probably the best coach we have had here in a long long time.

Again, if I thought that attracting Revis was a good thing, I'd care.

I don't. Signing him to a big time contract is a huge mistake.

What are you having trouble comprehending?

What I quoted.