Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

Indy certainly has the QB...........

He hasn't really succeeded yet against that type of defense. He turned a corner against Denver in the playoffs - but they barely showed up. I would take Luck to start my team any day. But I'd be pretty confident against Luck with that D. If Indy doesn't fix their D they are going to plateau. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that I will take my 1st crack at my ideal offseason:

-restructure Mario

-Sign Bradford (if he becomes available) 4 years, $32M with each $8M being fully guaranteed the 1st day of the league year

-Sign Clint Boling 5 years $20M ($10M guaranteed)

- Sign Revis 5 years $70M ($35M guaranteed)

- trade McKelvin for Dwayne Allen

- draft Todd Gurley

-draft Jeff Heurman

- draft a DE, OL, QB & WR

-Resign Spiller 3 years $9M

Do you really think Spiller fits Romans's offense?

I'm perplexed at why people think our secondary is great and needs no help, especially the number 1 shut down guy. We have the money under cap, lets spend it for a change, and get every playmate (i mean Playmaker) and game changer we can. If that is Revis, J.Thomas, a QB and signing Iupati then DO IT! If we have to let a guy go who's been here then so be it.

Us taking revis gets 25 million of the Pats back. Hes a great corner but now worth it. Leodis and Gilmore are pretty damn good. If we are gonna spend big money, spend it on a QB

Us taking revis gets 25 million of the Pats back. Hes a great corner but now worth it. Leodis and Gilmore are pretty damn good. If we are gonna spend big money, spend it on a QB

then you are going to be sitting on a ton of cap space if you are waiting around for a QB to spend big money on.

Do you really think Spiller fits Romans's offense?

Not necessarily but I think that he is an elite playmaker. I'd give him 8-10 carries, 4-5 screens and have him returning kicks. He's a rich man's Shane Vereen. Spiller is going to come cheap. He will cost less next year than he did this year. I think $3m-$4m a year. I look at Spiller as a Swiss Army knife type of guy. He can win games on his own with big plays. He is by no means an every down back but you don't need him to be.

Allen would be great. Those trades don't happen much but it's possible. I imagine McKelvin is probably considered a little better around the league than we give him credit for. He's in his prime. He's not overly priced. You don't want to build your defense around him obviously, but as a starting number 2 or 3 corner he is pretty valuable. Especially with kick return ability. You know as well as anyone the league values speed and natural talent and skills and playmaking ability a little more than average fans do.

Before he got hurt this year, McKelvin was a no-brainer pro-bowler. He was playing the best football of his career, it was a shame he went down when he did.

We have a top 4 D without Revis. Suddenly, we need him to get us over the top? What is Rex gonna be doing?

"Sign Richard Sherman, he'll get us over the top." I thought the point of Rex was that we didn't need to funnel resources into our D in order to be great.

The fact that we are even talking about spending money is a refreshing change. We may swing and miss on some FA but it's exciting to know that we have an owner willing to spend what it takes to try and win in this league.

We did sign Mario to big money...

One of the things that I do pride myself on is Im not one of those people that hang onto an opinion like a pitbull with his favorite toy

I realize the value of a Revis........you essential take out the best WR of the opposing team out of the game.......then you would have Gilmore on the 2nd receiver which would probably create a true "no fly zone" even if McKelvin was traded you still have 2-3 excellent corners to play the slot/back up the number one positions on the team.

Here are my concerns

- Hughes proves a pure pass rush option that has really complimented Mario well on the other side......I am afraid of a Mario/Kelsay type situation where one side doesnt hold up their end. IF we are going to let Hughes go we need a real pass rusher on that other side that teams fear whether they be a name or not a name palyer.

- I would like to see Spikes back.......or the jets LB follow Rex here.

Now on the O side of the ball

- I have pretty much excepted that we wont a franchise QB starting for us next year. Its gonna either be EJ Manuel or a middling veteran QB......a guy we have heard of but will come with warts with the hope that they can be game manager and not lose games while we run Romans run heavy offense.

- If we are going to run a run heavy offense.....WE MUST BE ABLE TO MOVE PEOPLE AROUND......we cannot have OT's playing OG because the talent level of the line is so bad we are forced to.....we need OL that can get their pad levels low and drive people off the ball....we need guys that can move to the second level and pick up a second block.

- I dont think Roman really likes our TE situation.....Chandler gets rag dolled way to much....Grey came in did did well for his limited time.....TE's need to be able to block AND catch.

- We all thought we had a great RB situation last year.....till they actually started playing. We are going to need another RB on the roster that they intend to give serious burn to.

There are a lot of offensive needs........

IF we can lose Hughes and still keep our incredible pass rush going

IF we can gain REVIS and still fix these offensive holes

Then yeah....sign me up.

Edited by John from Hemet

You and I both know that it's true. Rex is a "his guys" kind of head coach. I fear this Bills defense is going to implode with so many player changes that the dynamic will be totally lost and they become a below average defense under Rex. Football is about fostering player bonding and relationships more than it is creating an "all star" team. Rex should ask Dan Snider if has ever worked for Washington.

A little over dramatic! Common!

We have a top 4 D without Revis. Suddenly, we need him to get us over the top? What is Rex gonna be doing?

"Sign Richard Sherman, he'll get us over the top." I thought the point of Rex was that we didn't need to funnel resources into our D in order to be great.

Actuallly....this Revis stuff is all new

Rex was great signing before this was ever being discussed.

-How many sacks do you think Hughes' replacement(s) would have? Zero? Rex Ryan's the same coach who dragged six sacks out of Aaron Maybin's corpse. I'm pretty sure he could plug someone in to do an OK job next to three Pro Bowl linemen.

-Revis is a massive improvement over McKelvin, and he's the same age as McKelvin. You're talking about elite vs. decent. It's not even close. Using INT totals to compare players is totally disingenuous and devoid of context. Richard Sherman had four INTs. Do you think he and McKelvin are equal? I'll cite the facts/stats I did earlier: PFF had Revis as the fourth-best CB in the league this season and opposing QBs' rating when throwing at him was 67. That's equal to Blake Bortles' rookie rating. He turns opposing QBs into rookie Blake Bortles.

-For the umpteenth time, the offense can be improved with Revis here. It's not one or the other. You're pro-Hughes but anti-Revis? Newsflash: Hughes is also going to cost a lot.

Keep on spending your money on expensive toys and see where it gets you, Mr. Snyder. Revis is 29yrs old and OK McKelvin is the same age. I knew someone would start the comparison game. Frankly, you never even read my post. I even stated that I did not say that McKelvin was better. Again, the Bills pass defense is right now ranked 3rd best in the league. You think Revis all by himself is going to make it better, and after losing a 10 sack per season player like Hughes? Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time. He is going to fade just like a lot of great player do. Let's sign him up quick so he can fade on our roster. When was the last time you heard Charles Woodson's name in the news? Or in Pro Bowl discussions? Did you even know he was still in the league?

Edited by Rockinon

Keep on spending your money on expensive toys and see where it gets you, Mr. Snyder. Revis is 29yrs old and no McKelvin is not the same age. I knew someone would start the comparison game. Frankly, you never even read my post. I even stated that I did not say that McKelvin was better. Again, the Bills pass defense is right now ranked 3rd best in the league. You think Revis all by himself is going to make it better, and after losing a 10 sack per season player like Hughes? Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time. He is going to fade just like a lot of great player do. Let's sign him up quick so he can fade on our roster. When was the last time you heard Charles Woodson's name in the news? Or in Pro Bowl discussions? Did you even know he was still in the league?

woodson moved to Safety. He actually had a really good year but he's 10 years older than Revis and makes 1 mill/yr so not sure of that comparison.