Sammy V Odell Beckham

JP's Voice

I am so sick of NFL analysts grilling Whaley on the Sammy trade. Yeah Beckham had a phenomenal year with NYG but look who he had throwing him the ball! Eli got the ball to his playmaker. Orton and EJ could not do that regularly enough! I would love to see if Eli was throwing the ball to Sammy. I don't think that there would be any debate then!

If we got a gunslinger like Cutler, he would make a star out of Sammy and Woods. Yeah he would have some bad interceptions, but I think our defense would be able to recover. Get Sammy someone who can get him the ball so we can stop listening to idiots criticize the trade.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me Coughlin wouldn't have put Beckham out there in the preseason with broken ribs to prove a point. Oh, that's right -- he didn't. In fact, he let Beckham get completely healthy before he made his debut around W5 or W6.

Marrone is a douche.

and let's not forgot that our special teams sucked last year and now they're great. so, how about everyone apologize to danny crossman????!!!!!!

I'm working on that, but first I thought I'd create some sorely needed "let's bring in X quarterback who isn't a free agent, and we have absolutely no shot at getting" threads.

I am so sick of NFL analysts grilling Whaley on the Sammy trade. Yeah Beckham had a phenomenal year with NYG but look who he had throwing him the ball! Eli got the ball to his playmaker. Orton and EJ could not do that regularly enough! I would love to see if Eli was throwing the ball to Sammy. I don't think that there would be any debate then!

If we got a gunslinger like Cutler, he would make a star out of Sammy and Woods. Yeah he would have some bad interceptions, but I think our defense would be able to recover. Get Sammy someone who can get him the ball so we can stop listening to idiots criticize the trade.

NFL analysts don't watch Buffalo Bills football. They thought that Doug Marrone was a very good head coach.

Watkins is a huge breakout NFL star on the Giants and Beckham is barely reaching 800 yards receiving if they switched teams at the beginning of the season.

As you said, we don't have the qbs to get the ball to Sammy. So then why trade up for him? Makes no sense. You could have Jerry Rice in his prime but if wlyou can't get him the ball then what does it matter? Keep the pick,draft OBJ

I'm working on that, but first I thought I'd create some sorely needed "let's bring in X quarterback who isn't a free agent, and we have absolutely no shot at getting" threads.

if seattle loses the super bowl, we might have a shot at russell wilson. i'm thinking that our second round pick and bryce brown might be enough to have them pull the trigger.

Something tells me Coughlin wouldn't have put Beckham out there in the preseason with broken ribs to prove a point. Oh, that's right -- he didn't. In fact, he let Beckham get completely healthy before he made his debut around W5 or W6.

Marrone is a douche.

What

We've done Brady, Brees and Big Ben so it's time to move on to the 'R's: Rivers, Romo, Rodgers. They could be had!!

What

Both Beckham and Watkins got hurt over the summer. Coughlin put Beckham on the shelf until he was healthy. Marrone played an injured Watkins in a meaningless preseason game, and the guy was clearly hampered for much of the season.

Both Beckham and Watkins got hurt over the summer. Coughlin put Beckham on the shelf until he was healthy. Marrone played an injured Watkins in a meaningless preseason game, and the guy was clearly hampered for much of the season.

Watkins got hurt in the preseason game. And he got shut down after that.

How do you know he had broken ribs? All reports said bruised.

Pretty sure Sammy himself said later in the year they were fractured. Regardless, why would a head coach play his injured starting WR in a preseason game? It was the height of idiocy and many called him out on it at the time. Turns out it was merely one example in a pattern of arrogance and "tough guy" discipline.

Anyone debating Sammy vs Beckham doesn't need to look any further then the targets they both received.

Beckham was targeted 21 times in the season finale vs the Eagles which is pretty insane. Sammy was target 30 times the last 4 games combined.

Edited by Max997

• Sammi didn't have Eli throwing to him.
  • OBJ didn't have to face Revis twice.
  • At least 10 games where the Bills faced a top 10 defense at the time.
  • Giants had zero play makers outside of OBJ and force fed him the ball.
  • OBJ had a great catch against the cowboys that was meaning less.
  • Sammi made more clutch catches than OBJ did. Lions and Vikings stick out.
  • Sammi had 4 weeks of EJ and then Orton. Orton started to suck after two games. EJ was inconsistent.
  • Injured with bad ribs for at least the first 4 weeks.
  • OBJ played in the NFC east who all had terrible secondaries.

People just look at stats. OBJ is a good player but I think over the long hall Sammi Watkins will have a better career.

Marrone is a douche.

This is different now in light of the news Marrone was not for the Sammy trade. I thought originally has was trying to show him off. Now I wonder if he wasn't a crazy fool trying to punish him. Sammy played through it, but should not have been asked (or even allowed) to.

• [*]Sammi didn't have Eli throwing to him.

In fact, it often seemed Sammy didn't have ANYONE throwing to him for some strange reason. On many occassions, it wasn't for lack of being open. I'd be curious to know how the two WR's targets numbers compared. Not putting down OBJ, but they were in very different situations.

what bothers me was how soft the hit was that broke his ribs. It looked like shazier just barely bumped into him.

Shazier took a running knee to the guy, he didn't "barely bump into him" at all. In fact, many on here (including myself) commented at the time -- and to this day -- that it looked like a cheap shot that Shazier felt was payback for the Orange Bowl where Watkins absolutely abused him. That highlight, of Watkins plastering Shazier, ran on every pre-draft clip of Watkins aired in the run up to the draft. I think it probably got in Shazier's head a bit and he took it out the first moment he could.

Of course that's speculation, but the amount of force delivered in that play wasn't nothing. It just wasn't a football play -- it was a WWE play.

Edited by GreggyT

Then don't listen.

I think Watkins will prove to be just as productive as Beckhamand much more durable. He has the exact frame you want in a #1 wideout. I'm not saying Beckham isn't awesome, just saying if I had the choice for the Jets to have taken either one I still take Watkins. I also like Benjamin over OBJ.

That's why I am not interested in Cooper with our #6 overall pick this year. He will be a game changer but a top 10 drafted WR has to be built like Julio Jones in my opinion. I need the complete package if I'm drafting that high.

Watkins is the complete package.

Edited by Momentoftrth

Shazier took a running knee to the guy, he didn't "barely bump into him" at all. In fact, many on here (including myself) commented at the time -- and to this day -- that it looked like a cheap shot that Shazier felt was payback for the Orange Bowl where Watkins absolutely abused him. That highlight, of Watkins plastering Shazier, ran on every pre-draft clip of Watkins aired in the run up to the draft. I think it probably got in Shazier's head a bit and he took it out the first moment he could.

Of course that's speculation, but the amount of force delivered in that play wasn't nothing. It just wasn't a football play -- it was a WWE play.

ok i didnt see any replays. but at least you see how sammy plays deep balls like a db. it makes me really pissed, and the lions catchthat lead to a win was one were he wussed out instanly dropping down in front of the contact, we kicked a 60 yard fg i think. that play should have gained another 5-10 yards.

Edited by enlightener