Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I totally trust 'sources' from a Front Office that has been the epicenter of massive failure for 15 years.

May our next coach come in and be as nice as Gandhi.

It's a fair point. But I think being nice or not nice is pretty simplistic. It's a lot more than that.

Remember when it was reported that Marrone had a cancerous mole? Maybe it should have said "Marrone IS a cancerous mole."

Actually, that could be the instance when he started to want to ok stuff before it came out on the Bills website. That time an article was starting to be written or was up for a few hours, I can't remember if they ever had it up. He could easily have been pissed about that.

Remember when it was reported that Marrone had a cancerous mole? Maybe it should have said "Marrone IS a cancerous mole."

Actually, that could be the instance when he started to want to ok stuff before it came out on the Bills website. That time an article was starting to be written or was up for a few hours, I can't remember if they ever had it up. He could easily have been pissed about that.

Was just posting the exact same thing. I bet that story and the general ineptitude of the tech people at OBD had something to do with it.

Since marrone, I also don't recall anymore pressers where there is a blank screen or empty podium-- a classic scene from bb.com in the past.

I've got no doubt to it's accuracy. But if you read the comments of Jets fans at the bottom of the page it sounds a lot like what is said here after a negative piece about the Bills by a beat reporter.

I've got no doubt's about it's accuracy either. I'm glad someone stated all the negative facts about Marrone and I hope it impact him in the future. I'm just curious as to why someone like Graham, Buscgalia, Sullivan, Carucci, Gleason, etc… didn't write something like this after Marrone quit on this team?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Mort just reported that Marrone stormed out of the draft room when they made the Watkins trade; he didn't want to sacrifice a #1 pick for a player who was not a QB.

So the counter-spin by Team Marrone is in full effect today...

Amazing he could say that when there is video of the event online for anyone to see. Maybe it wasn't a personally approved video, per doug'a demands, but he looked pretty happy about it in the moment.

Mort just reported that Marrone stormed out of the draft room when they made the Watkins trade; he didn't want to sacrifice a #1 pick for a player who was not a QB.

No one circles the wagons with a hardon for The Bills like Chris Mortensen. No one.

Amazing he could say that when there is video of the event online for anyone to see. Maybe it wasn't a personally approved video, per doug'a demands, but he looked pretty happy about it in the moment.

I just went back and watched it.

Interestingly enough, Marrone barely appears in the video, and when he does, he doesn't look happy. Furthermore, when the room is shown applauding the pick, Marrone seemed to be absent, in that the seat he had been occupying was empty.

Edited by yall

How a power-hungry & thin-skinned Doug Marrone alienated people in Buffalo for 2 years

http://t.co/fXZj5odqtY

LOL

I distinctly remember when he came here how many fans were on board with his hiring.

I'm sure a lot of the same ones that support what's going on now.

How a power-hungry & thin-skinned Doug Marrone alienated people in Buffalo for 2 years

http://t.co/fXZj5odqtY

The Doug Marrone described by people who knew him in Buffalo is not what the Jets need.

“He’s a control freak,” one person said.

Marrone’s desire to have his hands in everything began even before the Bills hired him two years ago. His interview with the team lasted days, not hours, due to his need to ensure everything was to his liking, according to a source.

And yet, the people still here made the decision to hire him, again, with many here applauding the move.

This org is so dysfunctional it reeks.

I guess Mort didn't feel compelled to report this during the draft. Edited by dhg

I just went back and watched it.

Interestingly enough, Marrone barely appears in the video, and when he does, he doesn't look happy. Furthermore, when the room is shown applauding the pick, Marrone seemed to be absent, in that the seat he had been occupying was empty.

Yup. Just rewatched it myself.

What I find interesting is that Marrone apparently was VERY happy with the EJ pick. But after half a season with EJ you're telling me he got so angry that we didn't draft another QB that he stormed out of the room? Marrone is either bipolar or a complete hothead. Or both.

Haha. Can we PLEASE start bumping the threads from 1 yr ago where people started ripping Marrone bc of his demeanor? Id just like to keep tabs on who was right and who wasnt. Because i know many of us were right.

Say it three ties to cleanse the demons:

Greggo Marrone; Greggo Marrone; Greggo Marrone.