Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

Bear in mind this was an article in the Daily News.

I don't think this will have an impact on the hiring or non-hiring of Doug Marrone. The interviewing party should have more information than the press. They don't care about anything but winning. Doug's team whipped the Jets 3 times in a row. That Marrone was the head coach is evidence he knows what he's doing.

Many people are taken aback by his unearned arrogance. That's fine. I don't like him any more. But he has gotten himself to this point in his life, and he's in the running for another coaching job. He's doing something significant.

I don't blame the Bills for hiring him. Most people at the time thought it was a great hire. He took a horrible team and made them competitive.

A realists' perspective. Pretty sad though if any of that article is true...which I question given todays state of the media situation.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this is the Post, I think these reports basically have done marrone in. He's going to be an anathema, and I don't expect anyone will touch him with a 10-foot pole.

He will be lucky to be an oline coach next year.

I doubt that. Marrone to Jets looks like a fait accompli.

Even though this is the Post, I think these reports basically have done marrone in. He's going to be an anathema, and I don't expect anyone will touch him with a 10-foot pole.

He will be lucky to be an oline coach next year.

It would be interesting if marrone was back to OC and had to design an offense and call plays though. I'm betting he goes HC at a lower tier college before that though

Edited by NoSaint

It would be interesting if marrone was back to OC and had to design an offense and call plays though. I'm betting he goes HC at a lower tier college before that though

Agreed. What's funny is that his skill set seems pretty limited. Oline coach; OC who has never called his own plays. So if he's not a head coach, there's not much else he can do.

I just posted this in another thread, but another landing spot could be on Payton's staff with all their openings (TE coach perhaps?!).

I always thought the Local Media was overly hard on him especially wgr but if his behavior was well known I understand why they dislike

I think a lot of people on here don't like most of the guys on WGR, especially Mike Schopp. I made the mistake of listening to him after the Bills win in Foxboro, and Schopp stated he wished the Bills got annihilated.

I don't know, lots of mysterious "sources" with vague quotes being used to support a pre-formed opinion. The writer obviously didn't interview anyone who is actually part of the Bills organization. Not saying his premise isn't true, but this is pretty bogus journalism.

Did he actually say annihilated or blown out? Because I can at least understand the position of wanting to lose from getting a slightly better 2nd round pick, but why would you want them blown out?

Schopp actually said he wished the Bills got annihilated against the Patriots. It's an embarrassment to listen to a Bills post game show and hear a commentator say crap like that.

I don't know, lots of mysterious "sources" with vague quotes being used to support a pre-formed opinion. The writer obviously didn't interview anyone who is actually part of the Bills organization. Not saying his premise isn't true, but this is pretty bogus journalism.

Welcome to journalism. Youre going to have a short career if you start naming sources that dont want to be named.

Schopp actually said he wished the Bills got annihilated against the Patriots. It's an embarrassment to listen to a Bills post game show and hear a commentator say crap like that.

I agree

So Manish Mehta writes an article based solely on unnamed sources and it's accepted as gospel here. If Tim Graham does the same thing regarding the Bills he's pushing an agenda.

I'm as happy as the next guy that Marrone left but I do find it an interesting juxtapostion based solely on who's ox is getting gored.

Actions speak louder than words.

The way Marrone left should be a MAJOR red flag to any suitor. He can blame it on an inept Bills organization all he wants. The fact remains that he is the one who acted like a baby in press conferences. He's the one who left without acknowledging his players or fans. He's the one who went out of his way to warn Bill Polian about the Bills organization.

So Manish Mehta writes an article based solely on unnamed sources and it's accepted as gospel here. If Tim Graham does the same thing regarding the Bills he's pushing an agenda.

I'm as happy as the next guy that Marrone left but I do find it an interesting juxtapostion based solely on who's ox is getting gored.

From what I've been reading on twitter by the Buffalo media, none of the information provided by Mehta is new, so if that's the case, then why wasn't this information made public by the Buffalo media when they supposedly knew about it?

From what I've been reading on twitter by the Buffalo media, none of the information provided by Mehta is new, so if that's the case, then why wasn't this information made public by the Buffalo media when they supposedly knew about it?

I've got no doubt to it's accuracy. But if you read the comments of Jets fans at the bottom of the page it sounds a lot like what is said here after a negative piece about the Bills by a beat reporter.

Actions speak louder than words.

The way Marrone left should be a MAJOR red flag to any suitor. He can blame it on an inept Bills organization all he wants. The fact remains that he is the one who acted like a baby in press conferences. He's the one who left without acknowledging his players or fans. He's the one who went out of his way to warn Bill Polian about the Bills organization.

thats exactly why I don't doubt any of this. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Graham's shown more unprofessional behavior and has a personal history posting here. Nothing in this article runs contrary to many reports we've heard from journalists or posters with connections (or what we've seen).