Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

I just read this story and it's awfully weak. Reads more like a hatchet job than journalism. A lot of unattributed quotes and insinuations. I'm sure some Bills players hated him (Mike Williams) but no names and no numbers. In fact it almost reads like it was dictated to him by BN writers. I mean how does Manish know that Marrone was frustrated listening to the radio? Did he ask him? There's no quote from Marrone.

It has close similarities to the Lacanfora story that broke right before Game 1. There are sources at OBD who clearly wanted him gone. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that they mentioned he had a vendetta against Goodwin in addition to Mike W and urbik. Yes Goodwin was hurt often but he was also healthy scratched at the end of the year.

#freemarquise

Also lends credence to the criticism that he played too tight and too conservative and didn't want to go down the field and didn't use his playmakers and played not to lose rather than to win.

No wonder him and Whaley didn't get along. Whaley gets him playmakers and Marrone doesn't want to play them.

Also lends credence to the criticism that he played too tight and too conservative and didn't want to go down the field and didn't use his playmakers and played not to lose rather than to win.

No wonder him and Whaley didn't get along. Whaley gets him playmakers and Marrone doesn't want to play them.

But he did want to B word about them.

If even have of this is the truth, what does this tell you about a poor interview process we went through. Even at the first sign of this stuff should Russ (Nix was gone) should have done something about the hostile work environment for the staffers. How do you not cut the cord, etc. Talk about blind leadership from Russ. It is the opposite of the culture he was trying to create back when Levy was here as GM.

That being said, how does Russ even look now to Pegula? What a fuggin liar he is...

But he did want to B word about them.

He actually might even be worse than Gregg Stalin, Adolph Donahone, Jane Mularkey and Dickless Juaron all combined...

So playing devils advocate, is it possible that Marroene's limiting of Hackett's play calling, was the bigger problem than Hackett's ability?

Like everything lately with this team - who the hell knows...

If even have of this is the truth, what does this tell you about a poor interview process we went through. Even at the first sign of this stuff should Russ (Nix was gone) should have done something about the hostile work environment for the staffers. How do you not cut the cord, etc. Talk about blind leadership from Russ. It is the opposite of the culture he was trying to create back when Levy was here as GM.

That being said, how does Russ even look now to Pegula? What a fuggin liar he is...

Remind me, what did Russ lie about?

So playing devils advocate, is it possible that Marroene's limiting of Hackett's play calling, was the bigger problem than Hackett's ability?

Who cares at this point? I am willing to risk letting Hackett go and having him blossom into a competent coordinator. Good riddance to both of them. Their pathetic reign is over.

Also lends credence to EJ Manuel not being the bust many here think that he is. Tom Brady would suck if his OC called for the ball up the middle twice in a row and then called for a swing pass to the RB on third and six on almost every series of downs.

So glad we will finally see what Manuel can do in a real NFL offense.

It has close similarities to the Lacanfora story that broke right before Game 1. There are sources at OBD who clearly wanted him gone.

I'm not debating that Doug Marrone is a grade A D-bag but that story by Manish Mehta doesn't have a single attributable quote on anything except the Aaron Williams quote given after Week 11 and you don't even know what that was in relation to.

I'm not debating that Doug Marrone is a grade A D-bag but that story by Manish Mehta doesn't have a single attributable quote on anything except the Aaron Williams quote given after Week 11 and you don't even know what that was in relation to.

That was after the 4th and 1 punt

Also lends credence to EJ Manuel not being the bust many here think that he is. Tom Brady would suck if his OC called for the ball up the middle twice in a row and then called for a swing pass to the RB on third and six on almost every series of downs.

So glad we will finally see what Manuel can do in a real NFL offense.

when I read this from Trent Dilfer, it made me think of EJ's second season

@BrendanLeister: Too many coaches act in the way Trent Dilfer describes his NFL coaches. Its a shame. http://t.co/da2MSSJ2aY

Come on....you think anyone's going on the record with that stuff?

Its why ive tried to stay supportive of EJ. Ive been convinced the coaches have been in his ear saying, do this dont do that. Hold your elbow this way when you throw, have your feet that way. Just let the guy play his game, has always been my opinion. Overcoaching, id tell him, go out, play your game, have fun, and BEAT THE OTHER GUY!

If he really spent that much time with the O-Line (his 'specialty'), and they regressed that much, he's not a good teacher at all. SMDH

Makes you wonder if Hackett was really that bad, or was Saint Dougie holding him back.

Edited by BmarvB

Players won't go on record because they never know when they could be playing for him again somewhere. Burning bridges not wise.

But I just feel like he would've said "unnamed players" or "unnamed staffers." He didn't, so I conclude it was local media sources. I agree with PTR for once...