Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...seems like he was a real POS...the Bills seem like a family type organization and that type of mean spirited bullying of people who aren't going to stand up to him must have really ticked a lot of them off...

Looks like he may have done us a favor...he wants to run a 1990 Giants offense it appears...

About the Buffalo media. I used to think they were a lot more harsher in the past with coaching stupidity then they have been recently.

The media was constantly slamming Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough far more then then I've ever seen with Jauron, Gailey or Marrone.

I don't see it as anything worse either. They haven't made the playoffs since the Civil War. The biggest games of the year they lost about 6 out of 8 of them.

But we all have to admit Marrone is just about the luckiest man in the world:

OC under offensive genius Sean Payton; Payton calls the plays. Marrone still gets partial credit for explosive offense.

Takes over sick Syracuse program with nowhere to go but up. Team performs reasonably o.k. under him. Now has his "head coach" ticket punched.

Gets Bills job with true NFL HC salary, presumably under the assumption he's in demand.

Negotiates an out, given to him (I imagine) because everyone thought that when Ralph dies Bills are in Toronto and that's just too "international" for Long Island Doug.

Manages to squeak out 9-7 season thanks to sleepwalking Pats in Game 16, suddenly is talked about as a coach on the rise, gets to exercise poorly-negotiated out clause (probably should have been "if the team moves" not just "if Ralph dies" since the actuarial tables kind of made the latter a good payout bet).

Better To Be Lucky Than Smart: Doug Marrone, an NFL Life.

About the Buffalo media. I used to think they were a lot more harsher in the past with coaching stupidity then they have been recently.

The media was constantly slamming Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough far more then then I've ever seen with Jauron, Gailey or Marrone.

You are right for sure. The media was relatively easy on Marrone as were the fans in my opinion. Lots of people seemed like they were digging for reasons to give the guy a break and look at the bright side of the year. Then he goes and craps on his players, his staff and this fan base. Shame on him. How could any organization trust that guy. They would be foolish.

It takes a lifetime to build up a good reputation. But it only takes a few minutes to destroy it.

Jeremy White -->>

@JeremyWGR: Its not post-coach sour grapes from Bills landId heard every one of those stories over the last 8 months.

@JeremyWGR: Upset that he wasnt supported enough at 8-6? Joe Flacco wins SB and is questioned about how much $ he makes. An NFL coachIm amazed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The whole Marrone thing has tarnished my opinion of Brandon too. He was such a strong supporter of Marrone. Makes Brandon look foolish and hurts his integrity in my opinion. Hard to take anything Brandon says as 100% truthful anymore. Schmuck.

Marrone had no HC experience prior to being selected, so there was no track record of ass-ness to see through or detect. Once you hire him, you must back him until he fails. What other choice did Brandon have except to do what he could to make the situation work? Hindsight is 20/20 but I'd love to hear what any of you would do differently.

Marrone had no HC experience prior to being selected, so there was no track record of ass-ness to see through or detect. Once you hire him, you must back him until he fails. What other choice did Brandon have except to do what he could to make the situation work? Hindsight is 20/20 but I'd love to hear what any of you would do differently.

Except he did have HC experience, in Syracuse, and I'm sure he pissed in folks' Cheerios there too. Nix was in such a hurry to hire the guy, just like he used to sprint up to the podium with the draft card.

For starters I wouldn't have been acting as if Marrone is one of the good ole' boys. And I certainly wouldn't have been acting like it was heresy to question whether or not fans should be satisfied with the results Marrone had for the season, especially right after that Oakland debacle.

Brandon is either a poor judge of character or else he is a liar.

The media is the vast majority of NFL cities is not an all day call in show about how great the team is. It's a bunch of opinions from the hosts, guests and callers about personnel, coaching/GM decisions,etc. It's the nature of the game. Put your big boy pants on Doug.