Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a few quotes that hit issues we've debated pretty squarely- beyond being power hungry, thin skinned and unliked by many in the building I thought this was interesting:

Marrone spent too much time in practice working with the offensive line, his pride and joy, rather than taking a broader interest in the team, according to people who knew him in Buffalo.

Excellent article. Sounds like a number of Bills players and staff are sharing their true feelings about the man off the record now that he's out. Players are one thing, that's a special world. But I have no respect for people who treat the lower level employees poorly, which sounds like Marrone's specialty. And to think that a head coach is listening to idiot talk radio AND getting offended by fan criticism. Marrone has managed to work his way from "up and coming coach" in the general (non-Bills) NFL world just 5 days ago to "surly whiner with poor leadership skills" today. Well played, Doug.

"Its about power and control, a source said. That is what drives Doug Marrone. Thats why he is a very dangerous person to have inside the building.

When they are not just the most talented guy in the building but among the best in the NFL - it works. When you are doug marrone you think you are a miracle worker at 8 wins and that's real bad.

Marrone spent too much time in practice working with the offensive line, his pride and joy, rather than taking a broader interest in the team, according to people who knew him in Buffalo.

Given how the line played, that's just embarrassing.

Well, a few quotes that hit issues we've debated pretty squarely- beyond being power hungry, thin skinned and unliked by many in the building I thought this was interesting:

Too much time on the O-line, yet they still could't function properly. He's not a good teacher, it seems.

This actually explains a lot... From Goodwin, Williams, and the reported spat with Doug W, the screaming near the sideline in the preseason.

GLAD his gone and I couldn't agree more that his is AVG, at Best.

Hope he has a couple years off to think about how this all went down....you effing QUITTER.