Scathing article in NY Daily News on Marrone

YoloinOhio

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tool. Good riddance. And why did it take the Daily News to come up with this story? Where was the fearsome Buffalo media?

I'd assume there were plenty of staff ready to talk to beat reporters for the jets to get back at him, given the contents

You get what you deserve. I am sure that the circumstances under which he left the Bills will be a factor when other teams consider him for their head coaching position. The bad-mouthing of the organization to Polian will not go unnoticed. Love the quote about him being the definition of average. Seemed to be how many felt about him (for some of us, better than what we thought of him).

The funny thing is if he is hired by the Jets, Mehta is gunna be all over him like white on rice. Howard Simon gunna seem like a nice comfortable lap dog compared to the bit pull Mehta.

Come to think of it, Marrine will prolly not take that job if he knows Mehta out for him from the start of the media truly effects him this way.

Well I believe most if not all of this stuff to be true, it does come from an oft scathing writer, who clearly doesn't like Marrone, getting quotes from a team he just quit on and dumped on. So there's that.

Yup- he did have redeeming qualities too, but I think this went a long way in painting the other half of the picture that we haven't gotten the firm reports about

I read elsewhere on this board the OL was bad because Whaley didn't get Marrone the right players. Oh and that Marrone was a great OL coach.

We also read here that the fight between Marrone and Whaley was nothing at all. And that Marrone calling out Hughes was nothing at all.....

If Manish Mehta is writing stuff this now...before he is even hired....

Well I believe most if not all of this stuff to be true, it does come from an oft scathing writer, who clearly doesn't like Marrone, getting quotes from a team he just quit on and dumped on. So there's that.

yeah he hates everyone

Marrone is a jerk and deserves no credit for winning against GB (the defense won that game and he is on the offensive side of the ball), I find it interesting that not one player came out after he left to discuss the loss for the Bills.It would not surprise me that if he does not get the Jets job he is blacklisted and never coaches again in this league.

What an !@#$. Remember when he was named nicest head coach in the country because he returned one or two phone calls while with syracuse? Ha! This guy is childish. I hope his career is over. Some team would be nuts to hire him if this stuff keeps coming out. It is pretty clear that most people did not think highly of him.

I'd assume there were plenty of staff ready to talk to beat reporters for the jets to get back at him, given the contents

Maybe, but I have to believe there were plenty of people willing to dish this stuff earlier, if the local media had pursued it and been willing to print it.

How a power-hungry & thin-skinned Doug Marrone alienated people in Buffalo for 2 years

http://t.co/fXZj5odqtY

This one's good too: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-consultants-pushing-doug-marrone-jets-article-1.2062892

Says the fix was in for Marrone to Jets before he quit the Bills. Jets even did the bogus Rooney interview of their RB coach just before Bills announced Marrone quit. And ESPN was reporting Jets interest 3 minutes after Bills announcement and 6 minutes after the Marrone story broke on the internet.

This one's good too: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-consultants-pushing-doug-marrone-jets-article-1.2062892

Says the fix was in for Marrone to Jets before he quit the Bills. Jets even did the bogus Rooney interview of their RB coach just before Bills announced Marrone quit. And ESPN was reporting Jets interest 3 minutes after Bills announcement and 6 minutes after the Marrone story broke on the internet.

I suspect there was tampering. If so, I hope it's found, and I hope El Pegual gets his $4M back.