Week 12: Jets' Game Preparation - MNF in DET at 7 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets injury update

Here’s a look at the Jets’ Thursday injury report update, with starting CB Darrin Walls the only change going from a limited participant Wednesday to a full participant Thursday.

@ChrisTrapasso

No decision has been made by NFL re: Bills-Jets. Other sites obv being considered. Local efforts currently w/ communities in affected areas.

Washington, Detroit loom as alternates for Jets-Bills

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

No surprise but now official: Jets-Bills game will not be played Sunday in Buffalo.

@AndrewSiciliano

It's official. No game Sunday in Buffalo.

@gregaiello

Due to public safety concerns for the ongoing weather emergency in Western New York, Sunday’s Jets-Bills game will not be played in Buffalo.

@NFLfootballinfo

Jets-Bills game will not be played in Buffalo. We are in process of rescheduling & relocating game as part of Week 12

You know it would have been fun to have a Wednesday night game in Buffalo as the weather will get better up to 60 degrees by monday, and if you think about it, Thanksgiving is the one holiday people are not going to church in droves, and out the night before. We could have a 7 pm game as we'll get out of this weather by then, televise nationally, and then have the next game against Cleveland Tuesday night at 7 pm.

We'd have two nationally televised games on a night with no other football, we still get home field advantage, my gut says we'd be sold out with decent roads, and we win both games with the whole nation watching.

Ok, it's fun to imagine. Anyway, I want everyone to be safe which is much more important, but sucks we lose out on the football side.

Game should have been played in Pittsburgh. AFC city, closer rust belt affiliation and fans would not have to cross the border to get there.

edit: how many potential bills fans, do you suspect, are there in Erie, northern pen., or south towns ny, as opposed to northwest ohio or michigan?

I mean I want to get the game in, but I would like some even remote semblance of a home game.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Game should have been played in Pittsburgh. AFC city, closer rust belt affiliation and fans would not have to cross the border to get there.

edit: how many potential bills fans, do you suspect, are there in Erie, northern pen., or south towns ny, as opposed to northwest ohio or michigan?

I mean I want to get the game in, but I would like some even remote semblance of a home game.

Pittsburgh is a playoff competitor. As much as we want to write off the season, a few well placed losses by teams like Kansas City last night, and a few wins in the right places, and we are still in.

Steelers fan have an interest in rooting against us if they actually go to the game. A non-conference, non-division neutral site is the best they can do.

What kind of a crowd can they possibly have? It will be worse than a Toronto game.

The last time they did this, they moved a game to Detroit, a neutural site, for weather related reasons. They gave tickets away, many to charities...I believe they had 50,000. Not bad, on such short notice. Being a poor city, just think...some parents in Detroit might be able to take their kids to their first (maybe only) NFL game.... maybe a new Bills fan will be born in Detroit!

Having the Ralph up and ready for Cleveland game is going to be a challenge.

im listening to Cleveland sports radio and they are laughing that they are going to get the game at home and that they they now have taken 3 things from the Bills - 1st rd pick, pettine and the home game.

Never mind that people are dying in Buffalo. Sorry but I find it a tad insensitive.

im listening to Cleveland sports radio and they are laughing that they are going to get the game at home and that they they now have taken 3 things from the Bills - 1st rd pick, pettine and the home game.

Never mind that people are dying in Buffalo. Sorry but I find it a tad insensitive.

I've liked Browns fans less and less each year I've lived in Ohio. I know we have the whole kindred spirit kinda thing going but for the most part they are just idiots that piss me off. These are the same fans that we're crying in their Cheerios about having to settle for Pettine and will be clamoring for Johhny Football in a couple weeks.

@DIRECTV

Great News! NFL will allow Jets-Bills to air via Sunday Ticket live Monday Night 7 ET. If you're in New York/buffalo area, check CBS.

@AndrewSiciliano

Great news. Jets/Bills will be available @DIRECTV Monday 7PM ET for NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers on channel 706.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Pittsburgh is a playoff competitor. As much as we want to write off the season, a few well placed losses by teams like Kansas City last night, and a few wins in the right places, and we are still in.

Steelers fan have an interest in rooting against us if they actually go to the game. A non-conference, non-division neutral site is the best they can do.

I respectfully disagree as I believe the desire and ability for fans to go to Pittsburgh and watch a game as opposed to Detroit, is greater than a Pittsburgh fans willingness to go to a Bills/jets game on Monday.

I've liked Browns fans less and less each year I've lived in Ohio. I know we have the whole kindred spirit kinda thing going but for the most part they are just idiots that piss me off. These are the same fans that we're crying in their Cheerios about having to settle for Pettine and will be clamoring for Johhny Football in a couple weeks.

yep - add in Donte Whitners comments from over the summer about Sammy, the fans, and the team moving to TO and my level of disdain just keeps growing.