Week 12: Jets' Game Preparation - MNF in DET at 7 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not at all be surprised by an "easy" Jets win Monday night. Just a lot to ask from these guys. In a league in which even the slightest edge can turn the tide, the Bills have been dealt a pretty crappy hand.

Man, does anyone think we have a chance in this game? Athletes are creatures of habit... Not getting their proper nutrition, treatment and practice... I mean we are !@#$ing picking up our players by snowmobile... We're screwed..

Then again it is just a football game. Tackle the guy with the ball....go out and get open and I'll throw it to you.......etc

@buffalobills

The #Bills plowed a local neighborhood to get a few players out and stayed to help clear the area. #BuffaloSnow

B2_aIIrIYAEmos2.jpg

@buffalobills

Next stop, Detroit! 2708.png

B2_cGcIIEAAQX8O.jpg

ICYMI: 11-20: RUSS BRANDON WITH JOE BUSCAGLIA ON WGR (22:19)

@JoeBuscaglia

Russ Brandon said the current plan is to fly home after the team's game in Detroit. Obviously, an evolving situation. #Bills

@john_wawrow

#Bills switch to Detroit is S'No problem for fan Ken Johnson, who seeks to extend his streak to 336 straight games. http://hosted2.ap.or...1feabb6b161ef11

@sportingnews

Ken Johnson is not about to let some snow get in the way of his 336th consecutive Bills game. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-11-21/bills-fan-plans-to-keep-21-year-game-streak-alive?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

282007-330-0.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I saw a report on TV about a police dept. I think it was in Austin TX that has instituted mandatory training for its officers to prevent shootings as much as possible. But not shootings of people, shootings of dogs. They said when a dog gets shot their switchboard crashes from all the calls. That does not happen when a human gets shot. So basically people care more about dogs than other people.

Maybe more people in Texas should be shot?

@JaySkurski

#Bills take the practice field here at the Lions' facility.

B3Aa4N-IIAAxfQo.jpg

@paulapasche

VIDEO: #Lions president Tom Lewand on hosting #Bills and #Jets at Ford Field on Monday. http://www.tout.com/...9?ref=twacqf6z

@ChrisBrownBills

DE Jarius Wynn the only non-participant at practice here for the #Bills at the Lions practice facility.

Bills arrive in Detroit after using snowmobiles to pick up players

Bills president Russ Brandon was careful in talking about the game his team will play against the Jets -- moved to Monday and Detroit's Ford Field due to the blizzard that drilled Western New York -- as he drove to the airport on Friday afternoon.

And for obvious reasons.

"If we can take everyone's mind off the plight of what's in front of us for a few hours and represent Buffalo as the fans would want us to, that would mean a lot to all of us who are involved with the Bills," Brandon said. "It's an incredible community, a passionate community, and we take pride in where we're from. It's a city of neighbors who take care of each other, and we know we all have a tough dig out ahead.

"So our thoughts and prayers and with our region and community, above all else."

@ChrisBrownBills

1st practice for #Bills new additions S Baccari Rambo & TE MarQuies Gray here at Lions' Allen Park facility.

Dixon was getting cabin fever in OP

Back in Orchard Park, Bills RB Boobie Dixon was getting restless as Wednesday moved into Thursday with no practice at One Bills Drive due to the record-breaking snowfall from a lake effect snowstorm this week in Western New York. Dixon appreciated the time to rest his body, but that quickly turned to cabin fever.

@JaySkurski

First #Bills game ppd. because of weather: 10/20/61 against the Patriots at Boston U. Game moved back two days because of a hurricane threat

PHOTOS: BILLS TAKE THE FIELD IN DEARBORN

Pictures from the Bills first practice at the Lions team facility in Dearborn, Michigan.

tempDSC_9874--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Boobie Dixon: "We're Pros, We're Ready to Go" (3:58)

The Bills running back talks about dealing with the snow storm over the last couple days, being stuck at home, and his social media activity during the storm.

@thadbrown7

Expecting to hear from Kyle Orton and his #Bills teammates in couple minutes here in Detroit

B3AuhHLCYAEiOP1.jpg

@thadbrown7

Media didn't see whole lot of practice tonight as normal, but Fred Jackson looked fine. #Bills

B3AvJGiCMAEPYlI.jpg

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone after practice in Michigan: "We have to work some kinks out ... There's a long list of obstacles"

Doug Marrone on the @Lions hospitality: "They've been outstanding, I can't say enough. That's unheard of in this league"

B3AyFvGCMAAKH4B.jpg

@sammywatkins: "All we need is three days to get right ... our job is to go out there and get a win"

B3Azx3nCEAAUab9.jpg

@buffalobills

Kyle Orton: "Nobody's been in this situation. We have to trust each other, rely on each other to go out and compete"

Kyle Orton on the @Lions: "They made it as smooth a transition as it could be"

B3A1RPgCIAASM2Q.jpg

Scott Chandler: "There's a lot of good samaritans around #Buffalo, that's what makes it the place that it is"

Scott Chandler: "My back is a little bit sore from shoving the driveway"

Scott Chandler: "It felt really good to just get out there and focus on football"

B3A2gZ0CYAAvXtr.jpg

@buffalobills

.@Boobie24Dixon: "Next time I hear 'lake effect,' I'm running!"

B3A4Om5CUAAXlNa.jpg

@buffalobills

Fred Jackson: "Seeing people come together in harsh times is something you want to be a part of" #OneBuffalo

B3A4_5QCUAAE9qT.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Fred on his groin ailment, "It felt good out there today. I didn't have any setbacks." #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

The #Bills will practice at 4:45 pm Saturday. We'll have you covered on http://Buffalobills.com from Lions Allen Park training center.

@john_wawrow

#Bills switch to Detroit is S'No problem for fan Ken Johnson, who seeks to extend his streak to 336 straight games. http://hosted2.ap.or...1feabb6b161ef11

@sportingnews

Ken Johnson is not about to let some snow get in the way of his 336th consecutive Bills game. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-11-21/bills-fan-plans-to-keep-21-year-game-streak-alive?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

282007-330-0.jpg

Was kind of hoping Ken wouldn't it make it to this one. Bills haven't exactly done well during his streak

Fred Jackson: "Can definitely use the extra days" (1:44)

Bills RB Fred Jackson discusses being snowed in, the team's excitement to be back on the practice field in Detroit, and the extra days of rest to help with his return from injury.

Kyle Orton: "A great challenge in front of us" (4:28)

Bills quarterback Kyle Orton talks to media following the team's practice in Detroit. Orton talks about rallying around the current situation and their preparation for facing the Jets Monday night.

Doug Marrone: "Was Good to Get Out and Practice" (6:30)

The Bills head coach talks about getting back to practice after dealing with the snow storm, overcoming the obstacles facing them, and the Detroit Lions allowing Buffalo to use their facilities.

Scott Chandler: "It Was Good To Get Out Here" (4:14)

TE Scott Chandler talks about enduring the snow storm this week and being able to focus on football once again.

Sammy Watkins: "It's A Quick Turnaround" (4:50)

WR Sammy Watkins talks about having to play a second straight game with a short week of preparation, the hard work of the equipment staff, and the generosity of the Lions.

Mario Williams: "Prepare, Like Any Other Time" (3:56)

DE Mario Williams talks about not buying in to the obvious distractions and going about business as usual when it comes to preparing for the Jets on monday night.

Bills Roundup: Team Arrives to Practice in Detroit (3:07)

Buffalo players and staff flew to Detroit on Friday afternoon and were able to practice for the first time after dealing with a record snow storm

Bills coach on Lions' hospitality: That's unheard of in this league

It's been a whirlwind week for the city of Buffalo and its Bills.

The city declared a state of emergency this week due to heavy snowfall in the area. Of lesser importance, the Bills moved its Sunday home game against the Jets to be played Monday night at Detroit's Ford Field.

The team arrived in Detroit on Friday afternoon and practiced that night for the first time all week (this happening in a day where players walked to the facility and others were picked up on snowmobiles). In meeting with the media afterward, coach Doug Marrone was extremely thankful to his squad's temporary hosts.

"(The Lions have) been outstanding, I can't say enough," Marrone said. "That's unheard of in this league."

"They made it as smooth a transition as it could be," quarterback Kyle Orton added.

Game should have been played in Pittsburgh. AFC city, closer rust belt affiliation and fans would not have to cross the border to get there.

edit: how many potential bills fans, do you suspect, are there in Erie, northern pen., or south towns ny, as opposed to northwest ohio or michigan?

I mean I want to get the game in, but I would like some even remote semblance of a home game.

High school games being played this weekend and their field blows

I've liked Browns fans less and less each year I've lived in Ohio. I know we have the whole kindred spirit kinda thing going but for the most part they are just idiots that piss me off. These are the same fans that we're crying in their Cheerios about having to settle for Pettine and will be clamoring for Johhny Football in a couple weeks.

I have no kindred spirit thing with Cleveland, Went to a game in the old stadium and they threw batteries and all sorts of crap at us . I hate them.

Edited by nucci

Anybody else having trouble w/the free ticket offer... I have two original... They (StubHub) refunded me the money today, they say the original tickets will be honored @ the game... Got paper downloads of them.

I need two more... No go, the website is a mess. Then there is the verification thing.

Plan B to get 2 more:

Now... My brother has seasons... All they did is emailed him the policy. He's not gonna go, how do I get paper copies of his 2 tickets. I assume they will still credit his season tix account starting on 12/2 like they said.

OR:

Do I just show up @ Ford... I have 2 extra copies of my 2 tickets.

OR:

Just show up @ Ford. What's the odd it gets sold out?

Any suggestions... I am in B-Lo now... Boy what a mess here in South Cheektowaga/West Seneca! I rolled in after Midnight and needed snowshoes to make it up my father's driveway... Got my son digging and snowblowing it out right now... LoL... Punk Flatlander, this is how it snowed when I was a kid! ;-)

Help? Suggestions... Will leave BFLO on Monday and hit the game on way home to Illinois.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Anybody else having trouble w/the free ticket offer... I have two original... They (StubHub) refunded me the money today, they say the original tickets will be honored @ the game... Got paper downloads of them.

I need two more... No go, the website is a mess. Then there is the verification thing.

Plan B to get 2 more:

Now... My brother has seasons... All they did is emailed him the policy. He's not gonna go, how do I get paper copies of his 2 tickets. I assume they will still credit his season tix account starting on 12/2 like they said.

OR:

Do I just show up @ Ford... I have 2 extra copies of my 2 tickets.

OR:

Just show up @ Ford. What's the odd it gets sold out?

Any suggestions... I am in B-Lo now... Boy what a mess here in South Cheektowaga/West Seneca! I rolled in after Midnight and needed snowshoes to make it up my father's driveway... Got my son digging and snowblowing it out right now... LoL... Punk Flatlander, this is how it snowed when I was a kid! ;-)

Help? Suggestions... Will leave BFLO on Monday and hit the game on way home to Illinois.

the Lions say they have fixed the website issue, maybe try that again

System is a real mess:

Now I am getting:

"Communication with your browser was interupted. Please try your transaction again."

I was getting this message well before 10am too. At one point it looked like I was in, FlashSeats was giving a 3 minute time limit and I lost transaction... This was before 1000. I registered an account w/FlashSeats...

Oh well... I will just show up with the two tickets I have w/the two extra copies. 4 total.

@MHoppertNYT

Amid Snowstorm, #Bills Shrug, Bundle Up and Make Their Way to Detroit http://nyti.ms/1r5tojE

Tight ends Lee Smith and Scott Chandler loaded up their suitcases, said goodbye to their families and hitched rides on snowmobiles. Wide receiver Chris Hogan started walking.

In Orchard Park, where the Buffalo Bills practice and play their home games, storms left up to six feet of snow this week, rendering many streets impassable, and the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium unplayable for a scheduled game against the Jets on Sunday. The N.F.L. rescheduled the game for Monday night at Ford Field in Detroit, and the Bills’ players and staff had to get there.

So early Friday, they resorted to whatever means were available. Some who lived outside the affected areas drove directly to the airport. Many more made a rendezvous at the stadium, where they first caught a caravan of buses, then a flight to Detroit. On Friday night, the Bills convened at the Lions’ suburban complex in Allen Park, Mich., to practice for the first time since snow began falling on Monday.