Week 12: Jets' Game Preparation - MNF in DET at 7 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

How does one 'vanquish' a role? His role was defeated in battle? We scattered his role's allies and made its women watch it surrender? Sorry, but one of the things that bugs me about Joe B. is he tries too hard to write with a big vocabulary, and he often inserts words that either aren't quite right or are way off the mark.

/rant

kj

Agreed. Now, on to the Jets and their obstreperous head coach!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does one 'vanquish' a role? His role was defeated in battle? We scattered his role's allies and made its women watch it surrender? Sorry, but one of the things that bugs me about Joe B. is he tries too hard to write with a big vocabulary, and he often inserts words that either aren't quite right or are way off the mark.

/rant

kj

He often uses words out of their proper context.

11-18: DOUG WHALEY ON THE HOWARD SIMON SHOW (12:44)

@JoeBuscaglia

Doug Whaley on Orton: Encouraged, but not good enough for what we're looking for

Whaley on Orton: I think he can get better

Whaley on Orton: The last 2 games havent been up to par for what we're looking for. Will it get better? Yes. We're in playoff mode right now

Whaley on Manuel: We don't believe this is a lost season for EJ Manuel.

Whaley: When it comes down to the 46 (active gameday roster), it's in the hands of coach

Whaley on 4th down analytics: I will have to do some more research on that. There are a lot of variables.

Whaley on Marrone being conservative: I think he gets a feel for the game, and applies it to each situation.

@WGR550

Whaley on Watkins: "I dont want to know what our record would be if Sammy wasn't on our team."

Whaley: "All of us were on board with drafting EJ."

Players react to massive Buffalo snowstorm

Buffalobills.com collects the best reactions during the first big snow storm of the Buffalo winter.

An uptick for screen game?

The Bills haven’t had a ton of success in the screen game on offense this season. In recent years the offense was pretty efficient on screens. This past week against Miami may be a sign that their getting back to executing it more effectively.

Buffalo ran a handful of screens in the Dolphins game, including the first bubble screen of the season to Sammy Watkins. The more traditional screen plays to backs was also called with Bryce Brown the primary ball carrier.

Whaley's comments on Marrone are exactly what I don't want to hear. The very fact that he allows Marrone to use his "feel for the game" rather than analytical data is a problem.

It kind of makes sense to me. 4th down "analytics" aren't really black and white, because you always need to to consider the game situation and matchups.

It kind of makes sense to me. 4th down "analytics" aren't really black and white, because you always need to to consider the game situation and matchups.

My problem is that Marrone thinks his "feel" for the game is what puts the team in the best position to win. I'll give him "feel" when it comes to whether to play Orton or EJ, or bench Mike Williams, or play roulette with his guards. "Feel" has no place in making specific in-game decisions that are supported by boatloads of data -- such as punting from your opponent's side of the field.

My problem is that Marrone thinks his "feel" for the game is what puts the team in the best position to win. I'll give him "feel" when it comes to whether to play Orton or EJ, or bench Mike Williams, or play roulette with his guards. "Feel" has no place in making specific in-game decisions that are supported by boatloads of data -- such as punting from your opponent's side of the field.

Yeah I hear you on that. :wallbash:

It makes sense to buck the stats occasionally based on matchups. But in general you follow them. Also, to ignore the stats completely to the point of apparently (according to another quote) not realizing he was bucking the stats seems ridiculous to me in this day and age. Seems like old school to the point of going back to the stone ages.

EJ production in practice encouraging

A couple of weeks ago we provided an update on what EJ Manuel has been working on since he was replaced in the starting lineup by veteran QB Kyle Orton. On Tuesday in an appearance on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550 Bills GM Doug Whaley addressed where EJ Manuel’s development stands now serving in the backup QB role.

Whaley was asked specifically if he felt it was a lost season for Manuel having only appeared in the first four games.

Please, the dog-killer convict is good for a couple of moronic turnovers. If he were cut by the Jets today, he'd have no one interested in him and be back to killing dogs in a month.

You are out of line sir.The dog killer served his time and now donates large sums of cash to animal shelters and animal rights foundations.Unless you have been nailed to a cross you aren't perfect.In fact if you research it a bit you will find a Bill or 2 that have crossed the line with women as well as their driving habits on milestrip road putting human lives in danger.Not trying to be a prick but like I said,the man served his time and is now trying to do things the right way.

You are out of line sir.The dog killer served his time and now donates large sums of cash to animal shelters and animal rights foundations.Unless you have been nailed to a cross you aren't perfect.In fact if you research it a bit you will find a Bill or 2 that have crossed the line with women as well as their driving habits on milestrip road putting human lives in danger.Not trying to be a prick but like I said,the man served his time and is now trying to do things the right way.

I saw a report on TV about a police dept. I think it was in Austin TX that has instituted mandatory training for its officers to prevent shootings as much as possible. But not shootings of people, shootings of dogs. They said when a dog gets shot their switchboard crashes from all the calls. That does not happen when a human gets shot. So basically people care more about dogs than other people.

He's doing things the right way because he's getting paid millions upon millions of dollars to do it. Take away the money, and he's just another dog-killer with a penchant for fumbling at the worst possible time.

And for the record...if you get convicted of murder and serve your time, when you get out of prison, you're still a convicted murderer. So from this moment forward, I'll do my best to refer to him as a convicted dog-killer.

Cuz that's what he is, and if it were up to me he'd never set foot on a professional football field again.

Edited by LABillzFan

/rant

kj

:lol:

That one deserves honorary inclusion in the TBDism thread.

I saw a report on TV about a police dept. I think it was in Austin TX that has instituted mandatory training for its officers to prevent shootings as much as possible. But not shootings of people, shootings of dogs. They said when a dog gets shot their switchboard crashes from all the calls. That does not happen when a human gets shot. So basically people care more about dogs than other people.

I resemble that remark. People suck.

Last time we looked , dogs didn't train humans to fight for sport or profit, what' still ironic is a large number of Bills fans wanted Vick to be the starting QB here when he was cleared play again, we can understand the grudge people hold, all you have to see is dog fight video and you will understand it too

and for the record if it's people or dogs, we choose dogs every time, we never had a dog stab us in the back, cheat us or talk trash, people on the other hand

Last time we looked , dogs didn't train humans to fight for sport or profit, what' still ironic is a large number of Bills fans wanted Vick to be the starting QB here when he was cleared play again, we can understand the grudge people hold, all you have to see is dog fight video and you will understand it too

and for the record if it's people or dogs, we choose dogs every time, we never had a dog stab us in the back, cheat us or talk trash, people on the other hand

Well, that may be because they can't.

ICYMI:

Bills' Whaley discusses Orton, Marrone, EJ and 4th down on WGR

By Joe Buscaglia

2999646.jpg?1416342267

While the players on the Buffalo Bills are resting comfortably at home during the snow storm on their scheduled day off, general manager Doug Whaley was at work trying to get on the road to scout prospects, as well as conducting an interview with WGR Sports Radio 550.

Whaley appeared on The Howard Simon Show on Tuesday morning amidst all the state of emergencies, driving bans and flight cancellations, and discussed many of the topics that have driven the Bills-related conversations around western New York.

Kyle Orton, the future of EJ Manuel, the trade of Sammy Watkins, head coach Doug Marrone, going for it on fourth down -- all topics were on the table. With so much that was discussed, here are the complete questions and answers, separated by topics:

He's doing things the right way because he's getting paid millions upon millions of dollars to do it. Take away the money, and he's just another dog-killer with a penchant for fumbling at the worst possible time.

And for the record...if you get convicted of murder and serve your time, when you get out of prison, you're still a convicted murderer. So from this moment forward, I'll do my best to refer to him as a convicted dog-killer.

Cuz that's what he is, and if it were up to me he'd never set foot on a professional football field again.

And you know this how?

You know some people do learn their lessons.

So if someone abuses drugs and gets rehab, that person will always be Mr. or Miss Drug Abuser Smith??? Hopefully no one in your house spills the milk.

Back to football.

LA BILLZFAN, I do respect your opinion I was just trying to point out your selective outrage.You obviously are quite affected by animal abuse and I do understand and applaud your concern.To pretend that animal abuse is the only black mark on the National football league is just naive.The NFL is like any community and you know the rest.I feel very strongly as a Christian that a man deserves a second chance and Mr. Vic appears to be a model citizen since his incarceration and i would argue that he has done more to combat animal abuse since his release than the people who shun and attack him. Edited by Very wide right

LA BILLZFAN, I do respect your opinion I was just trying to point out your selective outrage.You obviously are quite affected by animal abuse and I do understand and applaud your concern.To pretend that animal abuse is the only black mark on the National football league is just naive.The NFL is like any community and you know the rest.I feel very strongly as a Christian that a man deserves a second chance and Mr. Vic appears to be a model citizen since his incarceration and i would argue that he has done more to combat animal abuse since his release than the people who shun and attack him.

This is a football thread man. Thanks.

Would they postpone the game to monday night?

@SI_PeterKing

Buffalo update 1: Orchard Park got 4 ft of snow Tues. Doug Marrone couldn't get to work. Helped stranded motorists dig out most of day.

Buffalo update 2: Forecast for between 1.5 to 3 feet more snow Thurs. Crews have already dug out 220,000 TONS of snow on stadium property.

Buffalo update 3: Bills PR czar Scott Berchtold: "I've been here 26 years. This is the toughest weather I've ever seen here."

Buffalo update 4: At one point Tues, a TV shot showed a dusting downtown, blizzard 8 mi away in Orchard Park. Classic Lake Effect storm.

Buffalo update 5: Driving ban stiff in effect today in Orchard Park. Abnormal workday for players, likely off. They cannot get to work.

Buffalo update 6: Eight days before T-giving, stadium ops guys say these are already the worst conditions in Bills history.

Buffalo update 7: Jets at Bills, Sunday at 1 pm, is still on. It will be a league call (not team) if game time or site is moved.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The ones that can make it in practice indoors, whats the big deal. It is supposed to be in the 50's Sunday. Unless there are flooding issues I fail to see what the big deal is.

Would the league really postpone the game simply because some of the Bills couldn't make it to practice?

The ones that can make it in practice indoors, whats the big deal. It is supposed to be in the 50's Sunday. Unless there are flooding issues I fail to see what the big deal is.

Would the league really postpone the game simply because some of the Bills couldn't make it to practice?

I don't think the practice aspect has much if anything to do with it. They're probably evaluating the conditions of the stadium and parking areas and the logistics of actually having the area ready by Sunday morning. I remember a Philly game getting pushed back a day or two a few yrs ago.