The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a better QB next year, point-blank-period. :) If it's Bradford, Eli, or whoever else, we must upgrade that position. This defense doesn't have time for EJ or a rookie to develop and can't afford to go another season with Orton.

I'm all in for Bradford and two guards via FA/draft.

Agreed, the team is built to win now. Add a real QB and a couple lineman and we're good to go. (Yeah, and a TE wouldn't hurt.) Draft any QB outside of Andrew Luck and the learning curve is steep and wastes time with such a good D and supporting cast.

Agreed, the team is built to win now. Add a real QB and a couple lineman and we're good to go. (Yeah, and a TE wouldn't hurt.) Draft any QB outside of Andrew Luck and the learning curve is steep and wastes time with such a good D and supporting cast.

That's why it will be so frustrating if we go 8-8 with Orton. This could have been EJ's learning curve. His career numbers are on par with Bradford's.

I mean if he was super cheap. He is made of glass and his 2013 stats were very inflated. A lot of junk time stuff after the Rams were getting blown out. It's also funny how quick people are to act like he is so much better than EJ when their stats are very similar. http://espn.go.com/n...97/sam-bradford

http://espn.go.com/n...15803/ej-manuel

But I forget that EJ is the only player in NFL history who can't improve. :)

I think Manuel is a bad QB and I don't have much hope for him, but I agree about the comparison with Bradford (who I'm no fan of). I don't see him as the answer. Better to spend the money on Hughes and ride out Orton/Manuel one more year while drafting a QB in round 2 assuming there's one to draft.

If the Rams are ready to move on from Bradford, I hope the Bills will be interested. His knee injuries are really just bad luck.

I agree. Freak injuries. He's shown quite a bit of top end talent with little to none around him.

But I forget that EJ is the only player in NFL history who can't improve. :)

At least you finally remembered :lol: j/k

Edited by SmokinES3

He'll keep Goodwin company on the sidelines recovering from constant injuries. What would be the point of bringing him here for that?

This would assume he'd come on the cheap. It'd be rolling the dice that his injuries aren't chronic, because when he's been healthy he's been pretty darn good. If you can get him for 16 games at a relatively cheap cap number (and there are plenty of ways to do that considering Terry's pockets) it'd be a huge upgrade.

But it's also a huge risk because of his history. There's no denying that. But I don't think anyone is saying the Bills should overpay to get the guy. That would be silly.

This would assume he'd come on the cheap. It'd be rolling the dice that his injuries aren't chronic, because when he's been healthy he's been pretty darn good. If you can get him for 16 games at a relatively cheap cap number (and there are plenty of ways to do that considering Terry's pockets) it'd be a huge upgrade.

But it's also a huge risk because of his history. There's no denying that. But I don't think anyone is saying the Bills should overpay to get the guy. That would be silly.

Excellent point. I'd hope it goes without saying we would only have to moderately overpay because... Buffalo.

That's why it will be so frustrating if we go 8-8 with Orton. This could have been EJ's learning curve. His career numbers are on par with Bradford's.

Oh, I get it. I love so much about EJ. I have a son who's a senior at FSU and I saw a lot of him live and on TV from those days. I soooo want him to be the guy, and he may be, but some of that stuff is just so frustrating. I wonder if it's correctable, but admit it could be possible. I like the Colts plan - suck like hell then draft a HOF QB and build around him. Repeat. (How lucky are they?)

This is definitely one QB that if he comes available Whaley should go after !

With our O line coming into it's second year & its cohesion becomes even better to where they could give Bradford more than enough time , but if we have the same OC it won't make any difference who is at QB because he doesn't have what it takes in the line of experience to know how to change things up .

I'm not sure Bradford would go for it, but I would be willing to offer him a top 10 QB contract that was heavily incentivized. If he reaches clear levels of performance, pay him the big bucks. Pay him incentives for things like completions, games played, passing yards per completion, TDs minus ints.

If injury is the concern, build it into the contract so it does not affect his cap hit. Does a big injury insurance policy paid by the Bills that pays him if he can't play due to injury and achieve the incentives count against the cap as far as the payout (beyond the obvious premium payments)?

If he can stay healthy, I believe he could take the Bills well into the playoffs.

Oh, I get it. I love so much about EJ. I have a son who's a senior at FSU and I saw a lot of him live and on TV from those days. I soooo want him to be the guy, and he may be, but some of that stuff is just so frustrating. I wonder if it's correctable, but admit it could be possible. I like the Colts plan - suck like hell then draft a HOF QB and build around him. Repeat. (How lucky are they?)

I know and I know other FSU fans who had similar thoughts about EJ. My thoughts is I think you learn better on the job and I haven't seen the offense improve under Orton to justify the benching. 8-8 with Orton will be so frustrating.

And what happened to the Colts has completely jaded fans. Peyton and Luck are 2 once in a generation talents. QB is the hardest position to learn in spots. To act liek young players will master it as rookies is crazy. Manning went 3-13 and had like 28 ints as rookie. It's a process and I don't think you stunt that for Kyle Orton. JMO.

I'm not sure Bradford would go for it, but I would be willing to offer him a top 10 QB contract that was heavily incentivized. If he reaches clear levels of performance, pay him the big bucks. Pay him incentives for things like completions, games played, passing yards per completion, TDs minus ints.

If injury is the concern, build it into the contract so it does not affect his cap hit. Does a big injury insurance policy paid by the Bills that pays him if he can't play due to injury and achieve the incentives count against the cap as far as the payout (beyond the obvious premium payments)?

If he can stay healthy, I believe he could take the Bills well into the playoffs.

Crazy stat: Trent Edwards has a higher career ypa than Bradford.

Why do people think he is such an upgrade? Because he was good on a loaded Oklahoma team?

Why sign him at all if you don't think he will hit those targets? Has he ever? If not, then why are we talking about him?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I like the Colts plan - suck like hell then draft a HOF QB and build around him. Repeat. (How lucky are they?)

Some (like me) would argue that it wasn't luck in regards to Suck for Luck. Colts threw the season to get Suck for Luck. When you win 10+ games and got to playoffs, lose your QB for the year and then decide to just go with Curtis Painter :w00t: as your starter, have the worst record int he league, draft Luck, and then go back to 10+ wins and playoffs, it ain't all luck IMHO.

@AlbertBreer: Will have more in my NFL Notes, but Jeff Fisher told me he wants Bradford back. Said Bradford/Kroenke were the 2 reasons he took the job.

I think it's the right move for the Rams. They certainly can't rely on Austin Davis and Shaun Hill to play consistently. Maybe Bradford's bad luck is over.

Sam Bradford remains in Rams' plans for 2015

The St. Louis Rams may be willing to give Sam Bradford one more try.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Thursday that the former No. 1 overall pick remains in the team's plans beyond 2014. Bradford missed much of last season after suffering a torn ACL, then saw his entire 2015 campaign wiped out when he reinjured the knee in the preseason.

Shaun Hill and Austin Davis have replaced Bradford this season with varying degrees of success. Bradford has joined the team on road trips this season and remains a visible presence in the building. Breer has been told the Rams plan to add another quarterback before next season, but Bradford could still be the starter on opening day in 2015.

Has anyone besides me watched him play? No, no, no. He's done absolutely nothing in the NFL, especially for a #1 overall pick. He's far too often injured and is scared of being hit on every play. His big extension was a massive mistake by the Rams. It's not my $, but $15 million next year makes him the most overpaid player in the league and I'd hate to see the Bills as the ones that wasted it.

Sounds like he will fit in Perfect