The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford is so good that a bad team with no viable alternative to Bradford is going to let him go.

Yeah, that's the guy we need. What could go wrong?

In a vacuum I don't think they would let him go. Clearly the price tag is a major factor, here. He is one of the last top picks to get mad cash.

Bradford not a viable option at this time.

"Rams want Sam Bradford to compete for starting job"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/rams-want-sam-bradford-to-compete-for-starting-job/

"The subject of Bradford’s contract also came up. Bradford is due to make nearly $13 million next season and said Tuesday he’s been focusing on rehab rather than a potential restructuring or pay cut that will almost certainly have to happen if the Rams are bringing Bradford back to compete for a job."

13 million really?

http://profootballta...r-starting-job/

"The subject of Bradford’s contract also came up. Bradford is due to make nearly $13 million next season and said Tuesday he’s been focusing on rehab rather than a potential restructuring or pay cut that will almost certainly have to happen if the Rams are bringing Bradford back to compete for a job."

13 million really?

His actual cap hit is $16.58M in 2015. Easy to see why those massive rookie contracts got canned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/rams-want-sam-bradford-to-compete-for-starting-job/

13 million really?

That's what makes him a viable option. If he were a $6-$8M guy they wouldn't consider releasing him. At $13M they have a decision to make.

http://profootballta...r-starting-job/

13 million really?

The only hope on that front for teams coveting Bradford is that the Rams are dumb enough to cut off their nose to spite their face over that $13M. A single win in this league is worth more than that so if you aren't making your team better it makes no sense. Bradford is not great but if he's healthy he's a lot better than Shaun Hill. It's literally like watching John C. Reily play a QB in some dumb football movie when he is out there. He is a buffoon with the ball and his face looks like it may pop if that helmet gets any tighter.

Would probably have to trade for him to ensure getting him. If he's cut, he's going to the highest bidder. I wonder what the Bills would have to give up?

I think if you offered them a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year given the £13million base salary and the injury history they would have to consider it very, very seriously. The problem is I think Jeff Fisher might be in "win now" territory next season and therefore unless he thinks he can find someone to give him Bradford production or close to it they might just have to swallow the cap hit.

Bradford is due to make A BASE SALARY of nearly $13 million next season and said Tuesday he's been focusing on rehab rather than a potential restructuring or pay cut that will almost certainly have to happen if the Rams are bringing Bradford back to compete for a job.

his cap hit is $16.6 mil with dead money of $3.6 mil which would result in a savings of $13 mil of cap space if cut.

it is NOT in Bradfords best interest to take a pay cut. he will get paid the full $13 mil base or force his way to Free Agency by not restructuring.

he will either be traded or cut.

Edited by papazoid

I'd take him. Rams should cut him given his cap number. However, they are similar to Buffalo, in that they have a good D and little at the QB position. The question for them is do they wayyyyy overpay him and hope he stays healthy. If I'm the Rams, I cut him, get another FA QB, draft a QB in the 1st, and you still have S .Hill. Then the Bills get Bradford in FA.

If Bradford is any good I see no way STL lets him go. The main thing holding them back is QB. Starting over with a scrub or rookie makes no sense. I think they will find a way to pay him as it is the most important position on the team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If Bradford is any good I see no way STL lets him go. The main thing holding them back is QB. Starting over with a scrub or rookie makes no sense. I think they will find a way to pay him as it is the most important position on the team.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. They are certainly tight in regards to the cap but I would think they will give Bradford this one last season to see if he can be consistently decent.....and restructure one or more of their high priced players. They would also save $8M in cap dollars if they cut Jake Long.

The other obvious question, is why would Bradford be successful here and not with the Rams? On the surface, the two teams seem very, very similar. Will it be Hackett's genius that turns things around?

He had no weapons in St. Louis. The Bills may not have the greatest skill players in the world but they are better than the Rams. In addition, he was pretty good before getting hurt (again). I'm not saying that he is perfect but could be a middle of the road starter.

In 2 healthy seasons, he was not as good as Orton was this past year.

He was off to a great start in 2013 though. The hope is that the lightbulb went off. Either way there is a LOT of risk with him (mainly health). There just aren't a lot of great options out there and the Bills are going to have to get lucky.

No offense: that comment seems like you're going solely based upon the numbers. While I agree that stats can tell a story, they do not always tell the story. Bradford is a much better passer than Orton, and he never had anyone close to Sammy Watkins to work with--perhaps not even a Robert Woods for that matter.

The only hope on that front for teams coveting Bradford is that the Rams are dumb enough to cut off their nose to spite their face over that $13M. A single win in this league is worth more than that so if you aren't making your team better it makes no sense. Bradford is not great but if he's healthy he's a lot better than Shaun Hill. It's literally like watching John C. Reily play a QB in some dumb football movie when he is out there. He is a buffoon with the ball and his face looks like it may pop if that helmet gets any tighter.

Precisely. Funny about john c. Reilly too!

Whenever people knock orton, i bring up shaun hill. He's the "average" backup in the nfl.

He started off well two years ago.