The all Sam Bradford thread

No, its where he was heading as a qb. If you want to compare the 1st 14 games I could get there. EJ shouldnt go anywheere, he should compete even if they get Bradford. Bradford was developing nicely.

Bills fans hate developing a QB. I dont know why.

Agreed and that's the problem with a lot of fans mentality. No one has patience and they want to take a chance on some other team's garbage.

95% of the time, you find your franchise qb through the draft. You commit to them and don't yank them in and out of the lineup. Especially when the head coach is now coaching the offensive line in Jacksonville.

Bradford has been anything but special at the NFL level. He was part of an unbelievable offensive system at Oklahoma with blue chippers all around him. Maybe he will develop into something but man, there are a million warning signs to avoid him if it cost anything more than a 3rd.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the Smith trade has been brought up regarding compensation. Someone help my fuzzy memory, what team did the Chiefs beat out for his services?

Hopefully the Bills are more prepared today to pull the trigger on a player they want than they were back then. (no, I'm not saying that Bradford is that guy, but if the brass thinks he is then do what it takes to get him. QBs don't grow on trees.)

The thing is this

I dont look at Sam Bradford as a 1 year rental.......if they like him then they should be prepared to give up compensation like he is going to be around for a while......

If they really are just looking for a 1 year rental.....roll with Hoyer/Sanchez/Locker

Another injury and his career might be over.

Same can be said for every player

You'd have to be naive to think the risk for injury with Bradford isn't at a much higher level than any other qb.

In a league where they don't want you to hit Qbs, he is getting hurt. And this goes back to college when he barely got breathed on.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

You'd have to be naive to think the risk for injury with Bradford isn't at a much higher level than any other qb.

Higher than Manning or Romo with fractured vertebrae? Don't get carried away.

Its a concern for sure. That's why any trade/contract would most certainly have contingencies for injury.

Higher than Manning or Romo with fractured vertebrae? Don't get carried away.

Its a concern for sure. That's why any trade/contract would most certainly have contingencies for injury.

The second Bradford throws for more 21 tds or gets his qb rating past 80, I'll be more willing to take on the injury risk.

The second Bradford throws for more 21 tds or gets his qb rating past 80, I'll be more willing to take on the injury risk.

He had exactly 21 in 2012

He has a QB rating over 80 in 2013 and 2014

Are there any QBs who meet your criteria and are available?

I'm not in love with Bradford but he is the best QB that is possibly available right now. If he can stay healthy (big IF), he is better than any QB we've had in a long time.

Another injury and his career might be over.

Its a risk

Look C

I know that what you really want is for the team to roll with EJ Manuel......

Perhaps he is just not good enough?

I could totally understand if the bills stay away from Sam B. and go with a veteran guy like Sanchez......its what everyone is actually expecting them to do. its low risk.....and you can readdress qb the folloiwng year

but

I could also understand if Whaley roll the dice like he did with Sammy Watkins. The D is biult to win now......quality QB play probably gets us deep into the playoffs

Its a risk

Look C

I know that what you really want is for the team to roll with EJ Manuel......

Perhaps he is just not good enough?

I could totally understand if the bills stay away from Sam B. and go with a veteran guy like Sanchez......its what everyone is actually expecting them to do. its low risk.....and you can readdress qb the folloiwng year

but

I could also understand if Whaley roll the dice like he did with Sammy Watkins. The D is biult to win now......quality QB play probably gets us deep into the playoffs

I don't think Bradford is good enough to throw a high pick at. And what has Bradford won?

I think giving up a pick for a guy with as many questions as Bradford has is a mistake.

He had exactly 21 in 2012

He has a QB rating over 80 in 2013 and 2014

Are there any QBs who meet your criteria and are available?

I'm not in love with Bradford but he is the best QB that is possibly available right now. If he can stay healthy (big IF), he is better than any QB we've had in a long time.

Fitz was better than Bradford is currently. And I just don't get why other Qbs are allowed to develop and ours isn't. Plus, this guy has played in over a year.

If they gave up the right pick and had an honest competition for the job, that's one thing. But if they give up too high of pick for a guy who really hasn't proven anything & make him the starter, that's a big mistake IMO.

You sure about that b.c that isn't what is being talked about. They were saying that they would only give up Bradford if it was for a good price.

It's an interesting dynamic. If they don't re-sign him then they run the risk of losing him next season for nothing, so there are forces working to drive the price down as well. If they franchised him next season, what would the number be? I'm not sure that's really a realistic option for them.

Edited by vincec

Hmm...great defense, a coach who wants the OL to be the strength of the team...

Tough sell.

Hmmm...he is also known to neglect his offenses. Hmmm...and now he WANTS the O-line to be a strength of the team. Hmmm his offenses have consistently sucked. Hmmm...

I thought about linking to all the articles discussing how unbalanced his teams have been, his favoritism towards defensive players, etc.

but just Google "Rex Ryan offense" and read them yourself.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I

Fitz was better than Bradford is currently. And I just don't get why other Qbs are allowed to develop and ours isn't. Plus, this guy has played in over a year.

Fitz is better than plenty of guys for the first 50 minutes. It's those last 10 or so (the ones where games are won and lost) where he FAILS.