The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia: "To be clear, Sam Bradford isnt demanding a trade. And the Rams arent interested in trading Bradford" - Jim Thomas of STL Post Dispatch

@ChrisBrownBills: Rams GM on plan for QB Bradford http://t.co/7ucApoFQSO

that's code for...."the right price".....which will not be met......bradford will not be on STL for 2015....he will be traded or cut.

that's code for...."the right price".....which will not be met......bradford will not be on STL for 2015....he will be traded or cut.

I think you're correct. No one will give the Rams what they're asking and Rams don't want to pay Bradford $13M this year. Interesting how this plays out.

If the bills want Bradford they should still be proactive....

- Bring in a veteran QB......that way if Bradford doesnt happen you still have QB competition in camp

- If Bradford comes available.....say....for a 3rd round pick and a future pick? You can still have the QB competition and have 3 QBs on the roster.

In theory, I agree. Except that you then have a TON of money tied up in QB with other areas left to address.

Lets say we sign McCown for 2yrs at $4m per. I believe it will take atleast that much to land him.

Then you get Bradford. His cap hit is $16m. Even if you extend/restructure his deal and bring the number down to $10m (which would be difficult and risky), that leaves $14m, plus a little over $2.4m for EJ. You can't cut EJ, it would cost more to cut him than keep him. There's the rub.

It's interesting to talk about, but I don't believe Bradford will end up being moved.

In theory, I agree. Except that you then have a TON of money tied up in QB with other areas left to address.

Lets say we sign McCown for 2yrs at $4m per. I believe it will take atleast that much to land him.

Then you get Bradford. His cap hit is $16m. Even if you extend/restructure his deal and bring the number down to $10m (which would be difficult and risky), that leaves $14m, plus a little over $2.4m for EJ. You can't cut EJ, it would cost more to cut him than keep him. There's the rub.

It's interesting to talk about, but I don't believe Bradford will end up being moved.

All the more reason to get that vet QB onto the roster.......

I am a little nervous that the bills might try to wait out the Bradford thing although that really hasnt been Pegula's style coming out the gate......he has been very proactive

Edited by John from Hemet

So include EJ as a piece in the trade.

@JoeBuscaglia: "To be clear, Sam Bradford isnt demanding a trade. And the Rams arent interested in trading Bradford" - Jim Thomas of STL Post Dispatch

@ChrisBrownBills: Rams GM on plan for QB Bradford http://t.co/7ucApoFQSO

It's the "salary cap dilemma". The Rams can't get what they'd like in a trade unless Bradford reno's. If Bradford reno's, then he becomes someone the Rams would like to keep.

It's essentially what led to Fitzpatrick being on the block, except that Fitz was a former career backup drafted in the 7th round and Bradford is a former #1 pick. I think it's highly unlikely the Rams cut him.

I'm guessing Rams want more.

Do an incentive based deal. 3rd this year and maybe a 4 next yr. If he is our starter for the whole year then that pick becomes a 3. if he signs an extension with us then that pick becomes a 2. i'm sure they can figure something out if they want to make it happen. if the Rams are considering this then they must know that he is not their guy going forward and he probably won't be back next yr anyhow so better to get something for him rather than nothing

So include EJ as a piece in the trade.

Thats what Im saying. I said it earlier when McCown was brought in. Having a vet like Josh means we can include EJ in trades. Send EJ and a later pick to St Louis. They get a new QB with some potential for WAY less money, we get a new guy we feel will help us more + McCown.

bradford, mallett and foles are the only QB's who interest me.

i'd give up a 3rd or even our 2nd if need be to get bradford now. with bradford we go 12-4 this season.

immediately sign him to a long term extension of 5-6 years @ $15mil/yr that is really a 3 year deal with $40 mil guaranteed and reduces his cap for 2015.

What about his 18-30 NFL record indicates this? Are we getting moved to the Big 12 (which would be great for our playoff chances)?

What about his 18-30 NFL record indicates this? Are we getting moved to the Big 12 (which would be great for our playoff chances)?

Certainly you'd concede that this Bills roster would be, by a significant margin, the most talented supporting cast Bradford had ever played with, right?

He's never had a WR like Sammy, probably not even a WR like Woods. This defense would easily be the best he's shared the field with as well.

Certainly you'd concede that this Bills roster would be, by a significant margin, the most talented supporting cast Bradford had ever played with, right?

He's never had a WR like Sammy, probably not even a WR like Woods. This defense would easily be the best he's shared the field with as well.

Our defense is better but they have a pretty good one themselves. Our wrs are better but right now without Spiller, their rbs might be equal or they might have a slight edge (I love Trey Mason). Their oline is probably better than ours. And I'd give the edge to their offensive coaches because ours were awful the past 2 years.

If Bradford was a FA and the price was right, sure bring him in for competition. But again, why would the team that has seen him for 4 years and invested a #1 overall pick, balk at paying $13 million for a starting NFL QB? We have completely overrated him based on his college resume.

Our defense is better but they have a pretty good one themselves. Our wrs are better but right now without Spiller, their rbs might be equal or they might have a slight edge (I love Trey Mason). Their oline is probably better than ours. And I'd give the edge to their offensive coaches because ours were awful the past 2 years.

If Bradford was a FA and the price was right, sure bring him in for competition. But again, why would the team that has seen him for 4 years and invested a #1 overall pick, balk at paying $13 million for a starting NFL QB? We have completely overrated him based on his college resume.

Bradford has never played with Mason, and comparing the Rams defense to the Bills is folly. They're well coached and have a good defensive front, but they don't have the talent that the Bills have on defense. It's not even close.

C......be careful in dislike for Bradford that you dont say things that are not true (and I think you know it....:)

- Their defense is good....its not bills caliber. But it is good

- Our running back situation wont be the same when we enter the season......given the run dom offense Roman plays you know that either a RB is getting drafted high or a free agent like Engram is coming in.

- Their O line is NOT as good as ours is.....Bradford was running for his life for years behind that Rams line.......while I hate our OG situation.......Glenn, Wood, and Sentrel Henderson were all NFL starter worthy players (Sentrel was up and down....but still played well for a RT)

Even with all of that.....before Bradford got hurt (again) he was starting to find his game.........I saw some of those games and he was starting to hit a stride. it was really unfortunate that he got hurt.

C......be careful in dislike for Bradford that you dont say things that are not true (and I think you know it.... :)

- Their defense is good....its not bills caliber. But it is good

- Our running back situation wont be the same when we enter the season......given the run dom offense Roman plays you know that either a RB is getting drafted high or a free agent like Engram is coming in.

- Their O line is NOT as good as ours is.....Bradford was running for his life for years behind that Rams line.......while I hate our OG situation.......Glenn, Wood, and Sentrel Henderson were all NFL starter worthy players (Sentrel was up and down....but still played well for a RT)

Even with all of that.....before Bradford got hurt (again) he was starting to find his game.........I saw some of those games and he was starting to hit a stride. it was really unfortunate that he got hurt.

Haha, I don't hate Bradford. I just don't want to give up a high pick for a guy who hasn't really proven anything and is an injury waiting to happen.

- I saw those games last year. He destroyed garbage time to pad stats.

- Both of our olines were bad, but they were ranked 13th last year (we were 22md). https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/

- You can't assume the rb we pick will be good. Mason was playing really well as a rookie.

Either way, I'm excited to see how our talent does with real offensive coaches.

Haha, I don't hate Bradford. I just don't want to give up a high pick for a guy who hasn't really proven anything and is an injury waiting to happen.

- I saw those games last year. He destroyed garbage time to pad stats.

- Both of our olines were bad, but they were ranked 13th last year (we were 22md). https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/

- You can't assume the rb we pick will be good. Mason was playing really well as a rookie.

Either way, I'm excited to see how our talent does with real offensive coaches.

My apologies C

From your recent posts I thought u genuinely didnt like Bradford.

We cant give up a high pick.....we dont have one.

I couldnt see us giving up our 1st rounder the following season if that is what you are suggesting