Bills have Tajh Boyd in town for a work out

He is perhaps the greatest Tajh ever to play the game, what's not to like?

Plus, Tuel is all floor. Boyd is a guy you pick up for ceiling and intrigue. Great choice for a learning #3. it's crazy. If this goes down, we could really have what I would describe as my ideal quarterback situation going into this season, just having lucked into it. That is, the ideal quarterback situation that doesn't have Manning starting and Andrew Luck backing him up ;)

Plus, Tuel is all floor. Boyd is a guy you pick up for ceiling and intrigue. Great choice for a learning #3. it's crazy. If this goes down, we could really have what I would describe as my ideal quarterback situation going into this season, just having lucked into it. That is, the ideal quarterback situation that doesn't have Manning starting and Andrew Luck backing him up ;)

Absolutely. Preaching to the choir my friend. The Tuel is dead! The Tuel is dead! Long live the Tahj! (I berate Jeff Tuel a lot here but he seems like a great guy and I surely wish him well if this is the end of the experiment. It may not be of course)

You need a clear starter who is either already a franchise QB or has potential to be, a solid veteran backup at #2 who can win you some games if you need him. And a project young #3 with solid physical attributes, good arm and potential to develop who is just not there yet but has clear NFL abilities. Most of those guys don't pan out but that is what you want, not guys whose ceiling is a floor.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

If Marrone was shouting "get me some other guys - these ones are rubbish" at Whaley and Brandon it worked.

I still am convinced it was the other way around. Marrone was convinced he could make Tuel and Thad great, and didn't want to mess with guys who didn't know the play book. Whaley trusted him to the point where he just said enough, I'm pulling rank, these guys stink and I'm getting new ones. That makes a lot more sense to me considering Whaley's other moves to bolster the roster of this team.

Boyd has some definite advantages over Tuel, he can run & he's got a better arm.

What does that mean exactly?

His arm might be a bit stronger, but on an accuracy standpoint, I'd put them even at best. As far as decision-making, Tuel is probably better at this point because he has more experience. Tuel probably has better mechanics, too, but I don't know much about that. I remember Boyd looking pretty sloppy in college.

Tuel-Boyd is a wash for me.

Remember when everyone was so high on Guyton getting invited to OTAs? That's what this Boyd tryout is like.

I think it was just Buckeye fans that were excited ;) But while that may be how it ends up. Guiton was a backup QB who played a handful of college games and was very inexperienced. Boyd at least was, if I am not mistaken, a 4 year starter. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think it was just Buckeye fans that were excited ;) But while that may be how it ends up. Guiton was a backup QB who played a handful of college games and was very inexperienced. Boyd at least was, if I am not mistaken, a 4 year starter.

I gotta tell you that I too was excited about Guiton-- he looked better than Braxton last year. But these really good college QBs have a lot of red flags-- I think Boyd's might be his accuracy.

I gotta tell you that I too was excited about Guiton-- he looked better than Braxton last year. But these really good college QBs have a lot of red flags-- I think Boyd's might be his accuracy.

He was a better pure passer than Braxton and a clutch player but we didn't see him play anyone with a good D, so hard to tell. He couldn't do what Braxton does (take one step and run 50 yards for a score), and unfortunately neither can JT Barrett which means the rest of the problems with this team can't be covered up anymore and our season is over. But I digress. :cry:

Boyd is so good that the Jets couldn't even find a spot on the practice squad for him. And he's "athletic" so he must have huge upside. Plus, I've heard of him and his college games were on ESPN. Get 'er done Doug!

Compared to Tuel's fantastic college stats and W-L record Boyd looks like...well, umm...Johnny Freaking Unitas.

So so many threads about other teams cast offs/rejects and "giving a shot" to guys that failed elsewhere. Personally, I just want our starters to stay healthy and perform at a high level. I don't want to have to rely on a Tuel or Boyd for wins. He struggled because he's as dumb as a rock. Also not a great characteristic for an NFL quarterback, backup or no.

I think if him as sort of a poor man's Russell Wilson.

Very, very poor man. Not even close, in my opinion. I live in Clemson country and know a few people who have ties to the team. Boyd has a learning problem, so the offense was dumbed down when he was here. He just can't grasp the complex stuff. Wilson has way more football intelligence.