What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, Roundybout said:

Most likely a tiny population and quality mental healthcare available to everyone. You know, the thing that Republicans keep cutting? 

Right on q you all blame the gun vs the criminal attacking people.  While the gun stores and pistol permit applications spike .

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

See above. 

See your mirror. 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Why are people who choose to do this able to get their hands on a gun?

Cause Dems coddle them. In places like uk or Japan having an illegal handgun gets one a decade.  Here folks like Kim fox don't even charge 

51 minutes ago, TH3 said:

So you arm yourself and accompany your kids to school, your family to church, your family to the shopping mall and Tops, to the movies, to country concerts? Your in the car when your  daughter bangs a turnaround in someone’s driveway?

If you are a family man then you know you do the best you can. I try to protect them as much as possible. It's not up to the government to tell me that I can't

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If you are a family man then you know you do the best you can. I try to protect them as much as possible. It's not up to the government to tell me that I can't

I support licenced carry. And legal ownership at home. I don't support concealed carry without a licence. 

But I get your point.  

When crime is crazy and the cops can't stop it, people look to defend themselves and their families.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

In the face of overwhelming evidence that the reason we have so many gun deaths and shootings is because of the availability of guns, the usual crowd still resorts to claiming that Americans are significantly more mentally ill than other countries and also somehow it’s the Dems’ fault. 

Introspection seems impossible, so I guess we’ll just keep letting kids get their faces blown off and needing DNA to identify the multilateral child corpses. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

In the face of overwhelming evidence that the reason we have so many gun deaths and shootings is because of the availability of guns, the usual crowd still resorts to claiming that Americans are significantly more mentally ill than other countries and also somehow it’s the Dems’ fault. 

Introspection seems impossible, so I guess we’ll just keep letting kids get their faces blown off and needing DNA to identify the multilateral child corpses. 

God forbid we get the cops' da's to actually charge.  Better to just put your head in your band and trust the building security. Eh 

Why at the very least is the rbi/att not reporting arrest on these massive gun running operations that must exist   

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Chris farley said:

God forbid we get the cops' da's to actually charge.  Better to just put your head in your band and trust the building security. Eh 

Why at the very least is the rbi/att not reporting arrest on these massive gun running operations that must exist   

Classic deflection. 

When you’re talking about what to do *after* a shooting, you’re not talking about preventing the next one. You just want to distract and shift blame. 

Charge every single person who has a gun illegally and you won’t stop this. You’ll barely put a dent into it. These people aren’t scared of jail time and many of the mass shooters go into it with the specific intent to die. What scary consequence could deter them?

Maybe, just maybe, if there are all these bad guys and mentally ill people running around, we stop them from getting guns in the first place. 

Just a thought. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

have you seen the thread about trans people in this country? Literally a mental illness and instead of treating their brains we encourage body mutilation to treat it starting at young ages. It’s time to start opening up the looney bins again and keep them away from society 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

What’s the answer?  Don’t say “stop them from getting guns”… how do we stop them?

So often we see people who shouldn’t have guns, have them.  The laws we have in place either were not enforced or were bypassed. 

Megyn Kelly is right when she says the gun debate is over.  Anti-2A folks lost.  We need to move on to other shooting related topics to try and stop this constant gun violence … both the mass shootings the press loves to talk about and the gang violence that they don’t. 

I dont own a gun.  I’m definitely open to a rational gun control conversation … but the more I hear from performative folks on the gun control side, the more apparent it is that they either don’t have a solution and/or simply want to repeal 2A. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Classic deflection. 

When you’re talking about what to do *after* a shooting, you’re not talking about preventing the next one. You just want to distract and shift blame. 

Charge every single person who has a gun illegally and you won’t stop this. You’ll barely put a dent into it. These people aren’t scared of jail time and many of the mass shooters go into it with the specific intent to die. What scary consequence could deter them?

Maybe, just maybe, if there are all these bad guys and mentally ill people running around, we stop them from getting guns in the first place. 

Just a thought. 

I support legal ownership and licenced carry.  You live in a town that just elected an anti cop mayor and has mass shootings on a weekly basis. And Kim fox still panders for future rolled vs her job. 

It seems it's either a federal ban that actually is unenforceable.  Or nothing from the left. 

Repeal the second?  Even a real attempt at that  would just destroy the dem party for years. 

Sounds me of the progressives and prohibition and the resulting cultural and political boomerang. 

Or even the war on drugs.

Edited by Chris farley

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What’s the answer?  Don’t say “stop them from getting guns”… how do we stop them?

So often we see people who shouldn’t have guns, have them.  The laws we have in place either were not enforced or were bypassed. 

Megyn Kelly is right when she says the gun debate is over.  Anti-2A folks lost.  We need to move on to other shooting related topics to try and stop this constant gun violence … both the mass shootings the press loves to talk about and the gang violence that they don’t. 

I dont own a gun.  I’m definitely open to a rational gun control conversation … but the more I hear from performative folks on the gun control side, the more apparent it is that they either don’t have a solution and/or simply want to repeal 2A. 

The problem with the gun control conversation from the left is that we are now so politically sorted that there isn’t widespread gun ownership on the left. Therefore, when they see these tragedies and want to propose solutions they often aren’t coming from a place of strong knowledge around firearms. 

The thing to do to actually reduce these deaths would be for gun owners who are knowledgeable to propose effective solutions. But it’s become such a cultural touch point that they incorrectly assume that any restriction is bad. 

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I support legal ownership and licenced carry.  You live in a town that just elected an anti cop mayor and has mass shootings on a weekly basis. And Kim fox still panders for future rolled vs her job. 

It seems it's either a federal ban that actually is unenforceable.  Or nothing from the left.  

I do enjoy how much people love to show their ignorance on here. 60% of the guns used in crimes in Chicago are from out of state. One store in Indiana alone is responsible for over 800 guns recovered from crime scenes here. The gun control laws here are effective enough that criminals have to leave the state to get their guns. 

It’s states like Wisconsin and Indiana that are driving the shootings here. 

There are dozens of proposals that would reduce gun deaths that aren’t a ban. Just because you’re too lazy to look for them doesn’t mean they don’t exist. 

Edited by ChiGoose

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Leaning towards less guns.

If armed bystanders aren't preventing mass shootings in Texas, then that argument needs looking at. 

It’s almost like many gun owners have a gigantic inflated ego and are really complete cowards (see the entire Uvalde police department)

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The problem with the gun control conversation from the left is that we are now so politically sorted that there isn’t widespread gun ownership on the left. Therefore, when they see these tragedies and want to propose solutions they often aren’t coming from a place of strong knowledge around firearms. 

The thing to do to actually reduce these deaths would be for gun owners who are knowledgeable to propose effective solutions. But it’s become such a cultural touch point that they incorrectly assume that any restriction is bad. 

I do enjoy how much people love to show their ignorance on here. 60% of the guns used in crimes in Chicago are from out of state. One store in Indiana alone is responsible for over 800 guns recovered from crime scenes here. The gun control laws here are effective enough that criminals have to leave the state to get their guns. 

There are dozens of proposals that would reduce gun deaths that aren’t a ban. Just because you’re too lazy to look for them doesn’t mean they don’t exist. 

So you know of one store and these stats   why have the police not used the laws on the books to investigate and stop? And a semi auto riffle ban would stop that how? Since you brought up ignorance.  And banning them while there are tens of millions in closets means you are only banning future sales and not stopping the illegal transfer of semi long guns. 

And that has nothing to do with the handguns in Chicago either 

37 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

have you seen the thread about trans people in this country? Literally a mental illness and instead of treating their brains we encourage body mutilation to treat it starting at young ages. It’s time to start opening up the looney bins again and keep them away from society 

This has nothing to do with guns. Stay on topic.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The problem with the gun control conversation from the left is that we are now so politically sorted that there isn’t widespread gun ownership on the left. Therefore, when they see these tragedies and want to propose solutions they aren’t coming from a place of strong knowledge around firearms. 

Theres some crossover in political affiliation and gun ownership with the rapid increase of gun ownership amongst black folks.  

However, southern black people are a very different type of Democrat that northern white people nowadays… especially black men. 

It’s how one of the most conservative, pro-life, pro-2A Governors in the country (Brian Kemp) has a 62% approval rating in Georgia and won over a ton of black men in his recent election. 

Despite how loud the gun control side is, amplified by the media, all the polling shows it’s a losing political position in America.   

People are starting to realize the goal of these people is to repeal 2A.  Because you are correct…. These people come out and say uneducated things like “we need to ban semi-automatics”, not realizing that normies all over the country own semi-automatics. 

It’s the slippery slope conundrum.  When the govt has over and over again abused their power, especially recently with covid, tech etc., one side gets completely dug in on not moving an inch and the other side let’s uneducated, bad faith voices become the loudest …. In other words, a typical day in America. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

This has nothing to do with guns. Stay on topic.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s almost like many gun owners have a gigantic inflated ego and are really complete cowards (see the entire Uvalde police department)

Mirror 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

So you know of one store and these stats   why have the police not used the laws on the books to investigate and stop? And a semi auto riffle ban would stop that how? Since you brought up ignorance.  And banning them while there are tens of millions in closets means you are only banning future sales and not stopping the illegal transfer of semi long guns. 

And that has nothing to do with the handguns in Chicago either 

So here’s a fun fact: Illinois does not enforce the law in Indiana. If Indiana has no problem with sales of guns that are legal at the time later being used in crimes outside of the state, there isn’t an ton Illinois can do.

I agree we should focus far more on handguns. But the GOP doesn’t actually care about people being killed by guns and the Dems are mostly activated by mass shootings which disproportionately involve long guns. 

There’s no panacea that will fix this. No single policy that will stop these shootings. But by enacting a variety of measures, you can start to reduce the deaths.

Or you can just oppose any action, propose nothing and be totally ok with kids getting their faces blown off.

Whatever floats your boat, buddy. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Switzerland has more lenient gun laws then we do but has very few murders, why? 

You literally have no idea what you are talking about

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s the guns. 

Cool.  What should we do about it?

Try answering without being emotional or with hysterics. 

And is your preferred side willing to take the political hit of going after gun ownership?  It will likely be akin to what Republicans have had to deal with post-Roe.  

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cool.  What should we do about it?

Try answering without being emotional or with hysterics. 

And is your preferred side willing to take the political hit of going after gun ownership?  It will likely be akin to what Republicans have had to deal with post-Roe.  

Given that the majority of the country supports some kind of gun control, at minimum, we shouldn’t have any issues crafting some policy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Given that the majority of the country supports some kind of gun control, at minimum, we shouldn’t have any issues crafting some policy. 

I suspect most of the gun fanatics here would shoot themselves in the head before voting D anyway.  Either way, no great consequence...

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s the guns. 

Due to lib fascism, like their desire to ban guns and gas stoves, this poll isn’t going as well as they expected either

Lol no one even knows DeSantis yet.  

But mom and dad have been doing a lot of bill paying, gas paying, and grocery buying the last year. 

It’s finally sinking in.  I think 2022 was too quick to see the bloodbath.  They faked the end of Covid and straight to Ukraine so fast nothing could set in.  

Edited by Big Blitz

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If you take away the guns will the mental illness still be there?

Yes but they won’t have weapons that can kill 30 people in five minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Due to lib fascism, like their desire to ban guns and gas stoves, this poll isn’t going as well as they expected either

Lol no one even knows DeSantis yet.  

But mom and dad have been doing a lot of bill paying, gas paying, and grocery buying the last year. 

It’s finally sinking in.  I think 2022 was too quick to see the bloodbath.  They faked the end of Covid and straight to Ukraine so fast nothing could set in.  

Yawn. We’re still taking your AR-15 away. 

Your poll is also a pretty bit outlier per the 538 averages. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Mirror 

Both are about guns. The other guy went off about trans people, AKA the Republicans’ topic of the month. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

ban children's books, ban medical care for women, ban curriculum about black history, ban anything to do with gay people.....can't do anything about guns.

I know a lot of gun owners and law enforcement. All are for better laws and restrictions.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They will still kill people though. So you still have a problem that you ignore 

1. No, you won’t have nearly as many killings because guns are way more effective at killing people than most anything else available 

2. It’s the GOP who continue to oppose or cut mental health spending. 

38 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If the majority of the country supports anything, why do we not have it?

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1. No, you won’t have nearly as many killings because guns are way more effective at killing people than most anything else available 

So what’s the acceptable amount of deaths since there will still be deaths? 

pharmaceutical companies convinced everyone we could drug them enough to solve the problems which hasn’t worked 

24 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The shootings won’t be

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Health is the biggest killer of people, far far more than are guns. Old age is also significantly higher at killing people.

And I think everyone believes mental health is a huge issue. I would be for shifting significant about of public funds to mental health. Dems are against doing that.

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this

Health is the biggest killer of people, far far more than are guns. Old age is also significantly higher at killing people.

And I think everyone believes mental health is a huge issue. I would be for shifting significant about of public funds to mental health. Dems are against doing that.

A cheeseburger has never gunned down a bunch of kids at a school.

A mentally ill person who can’t get a gun can’t shoot up a mall. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

A cheeseburger has never gunned down a bunch of kids at a school.

A mentally ill person who can’t get a gun can’t shoot up a mall. 

Neither has a gun.

Can you get a gun? I can!

Edited by Pokebball

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Neither has a gun.

Can you get a gun? I can!

Sure I can. 

But maybe if there are so many mentally ill people running around that you all blame for these shootings, we should make it so that they can’t get a gun .

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Sure I can. 

But maybe if there are so many mentally ill people running around that you all blame for these shootings, we should make it so that they can’t get a gun .

What's your proposal for a mental red flag law

Since my attempt at humor seemed to fly right over your head, let me try again. I don't think you or I should be able to get a gun. Our political anger appears to be too high!

Edited by Pokebball