What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Lots of Trump voters in Chicago I guess.

We're talking about the nazi Texas shooter. Keep up. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe.  Where is the Nashville manifesto?

Ibid. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Leftists.  The fault of leftist Maoists yes

Oh I would LOVE to hear your elaboration on this one. "Well this neonazi just killed 9 people, had hoards of nazi stuff and posted regularly about how much he hated minorities, but it's my imaginary communist enemy's fault"

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Focusing on outliers to hold your false view while you make sure you and yours are miles from where the majority of shootings happen. 

Your just parroting everytown with some attempts at insults thrown in.

It's generic 

We are talking about this specific neonazi shooter right now. Keep up. 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah, we really do have an issue with paranoid shitheel conservatives with the trigger discipline of a methhead. 

Take the guns away from these people. 

Wtf are you talking about, it's blatantly obvious this guy was a neonazi

The rise of neonazis within the right wing who have decided that society has collapsed and it's the fault of anyone outside of a WASP. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2017-08-14/the-kkk-is-still-based-in-22-states-in-the-us-in-2017

roughyl 3000 members give or take right now.  totally exploding with members. do you want to talk facts based in reality?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2017-08-14/the-kkk-is-still-based-in-22-states-in-the-us-in-2017

roughyl 3000 members give or take right now.  totally exploding with members. do you want to talk facts based in reality?

You think nazis can't be nazis unless they're in the KKK?

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

i actually tried googling neo nazis and jef schoep came up and his group is dead and he hadthe largest one. So it seems the opposite is happening despite what you say. I'd be very open to learning more though. You also said that conservatives have the problem of being violent but why do you never realize the amount of mass shootings that occur on a daily basis not based in conservative politics? why don't youlearn about that?

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

you realize you do this every time there is a shooting right? you claim one side has a problem. we point out the facts and then we repeat the conversation. why don't you learn more about the topic instead of having stupid hot takes?  you will look smarter and will in fact be smarter

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I mean there are as many Nazi Democrats in power across the country.  

Those Nazis are the biggest threat to the country.  

They think you have to yell “white power!” to be a Nazi?   Which btw, white Democrats absolutely do - usually in the form of segregated housing.  But they do it.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We're talking about the nazi Texas shooter. Keep up. 

Ibid. 

Oh I would LOVE to hear your elaboration on this one. "Well this neonazi just killed 9 people, had hoards of nazi stuff and posted regularly about how much he hated minorities, but it's my imaginary communist enemy's fault"

We are talking about this specific neonazi shooter right now. Keep up. 

The Nazi one or the cartel one?  Lol, Nazis. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Do you think calling people nazis as throwing stones?

I generally try to avoid calling people Nazis as it’s rarely warranted and normalizes Nazism. 

However, a guy with Nazi tattoos posting Nazi things is fair game to call a Nazi 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I mean there are as many Nazi Democrats in power across the country.  

Those Nazis are the biggest threat to the country.  

They think you have to yell “white power!” to be a Nazi?   Which btw, white Democrats absolutely do - usually in the form of segregated housing.  But they do it.  

Oh yeah it's definitely modern day democrats fighting for segregated housing uh huh. 

Have you ever tried a political ideology that isn't simply abject contrarianism? 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

The Nazi one or the cartel one?  Lol, Nazis. 

You deny this mall shooter was a nazi, then?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

JFC 

People like this guy will go to prison for the rest of his life and should. This moron's actions does not reflect the rest of gun owners in America. 

Amandeep Singh, who killed two teenagers outside NYC, should not reflect the rest of the Indian-Americans, car owners or people who have a drink or two every so often. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/amandeep-singh-accused-of-wrong-way-drunk-driving-that-killed-ethan-falkowitz-and-drew-hassenbein/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The ‘Right Wing Death Squad’ wants to NORMALIZE this so bad.

No fkn way.

Normalize murder?  Unreal.   

And why is this post in the politics thread?  

I don’t see any posts from you about anyone shot in Chicago or assaulted on the Subway because they’re white.  

This is more Bill deflecting from what it is his species is actually normalizing.  

Far right Nazis don’t have a monopoly on crazy in America.  But you should be armed in the event anyone were to shoot at or attack you.

Didn’t see any Bill posts on this?  Nothing.   

Where is the Nashville manifesto btw?

Libs want to know everything about mass shooters - but oddly not the Nashville one.  

Not a peep.  Makes you question if their “concern” over your safety is genuine or political.   

Seems very political.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

People like this guy will go to prison for the rest of his life and should. This moron's actions does not reflect the rest of gun owners in America. 

Amandeep Singh, who killed two teenagers outside NYC, should not reflect the rest of the Indian-Americans, car owners or people who have a drink or two every so often. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/amandeep-singh-accused-of-wrong-way-drunk-driving-that-killed-ethan-falkowitz-and-drew-hassenbein/

More guns = More gun deaths 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

hundreds of mass shootings, thousands of violent shootings every year.

the anti-second crowd will do anything to keep the focus on the outliers and emotions to push the agenda.

Says the freaks worried about trans and LGTBQ.

These idiots NEVER f'n think.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What would be worse, no cars or no guns? 

Irrelevant 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Says the freaks worried about trans and LGTBQ.

These idiots NEVER f'n think.

No one cares if you want to dress up like J. Edgar Hoover. No one cares if you make out with your boyfriend in front of your wife's boyfriend. 

What most conservatives want? Don't need to push it on us... don't need to teach it to 4 year olds. Don't need to have a stupid parade. We aren't having parades about heterosexuals'. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Irrelevant 

No, you said cars kill, too. 

But we need autos, very much. Guns? Not so much

We can agree on that, correct? 

23 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

hundreds of mass shootings, thousands of violent shootings every year.

the anti-second crowd will do anything to keep the focus on the outliers and emotions to push the agenda.

I'm not anti-second, but that doesn't mean ar15s should be legal. Neither should .50 caliber machine guns 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, you said cars kill, too. 

But we need autos, very much. Guns? Not so much

We can agree on that, correct? 

I'm not anti-second, but that doesn't mean ar15s should be legal. Neither should .50 caliber machine guns 

Maybe where you're from. Where I'm from, MANY of us hunt for food. That's been happening ever since the first firearm was invented in the 6th century. 

And that's out of left field... .50 caliber machine guns (Ma Deuce?)??? When did that become a problem? LOL

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Irrelevant 

No one cares if you want to dress up like J. Edgar Hoover. No one cares if you make out with your boyfriend in front of your wife's boyfriend. 

What most conservatives want? Don't need to push it on us... don't need to teach it to 4 year olds. Don't need to have a stupid parade. We aren't having parades about heterosexuals'. 

AND NO ONE WANTS TO GET THEIR HEADS BLOWN OFF YOU IDIOT

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Maybe where you're from. Where I'm from, MANY of us hunt for food. That's been happening ever since the first firearm was invented in the 6th century. 

And that's out of left field... .50 caliber machine guns (Ma Deuce?)??? When did that become a problem? LOL

Not having ar 15's will not effect your ability to hunt. 

Can't believe someone is arguing guns are as important as automobiles :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not having ar 15's will not effect your ability to hunt. 

Can't believe someone is arguing guns are as important as automobiles :wallbash:

One is in our Bill of Rights. The other is not. 

Firearms are more important to people in the United States. Not even close. We went hundreds of years without cars. We can do without them. 

And again, you don't get to tell me what I can use to hunt with. I use the AR platform to hunt deer (.308) and hogs (300 AAC Blackout). I use my AR-15 when I have to take down rabid animals on my property (live on 30 acres). There has been rabid raccoons, skunk and one bobcat. I had to shoot several coyote a few years ago that were attacking my dogs. I wouldn't do that with a bolt action hunting rifle. Wouldn't hut hogs with a bolt gun either (or shotgun). It's just dumb to do so. Not when we have a platform like the AR.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If you concluded the gun was the problem here and not the deliberate breakdown of society, you’re the problem.

Same nut job

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Normalize murder?  Unreal.   

jfc

Did anyone see yet if a single democrat on here vowed to relinquish their second amendment rights voluntarily and agree all democrats should follow suit by surrendering all of their firearms? 

statistically gun ownership will decrease, so it’s a sure win. 

I’m not sure why this isn’t happening 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

His tattoos are brand new lol

I noticed the same thing when the NY Post released photos. 

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Welcome to NRAmerica

Liberal anti-gun source who’s counting gang shootings. Again, let’s go by FBI standards. 

When we can’t even agree on what an actual “mass shooting” really is, we will never get anywhere. It diminishes horrible shootings like what took place in Allen, Texas.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

His tattoos are brand new lol

The picture that doesn't have his head in it?  

Crazy how some shooters like the other one in Texas (Cult and gang member killed entire family) or the Tenn one gets NO follow up and no release of motive or social media. (mandifesto)

this one has some sketchy Russian created social media post the media is quick to publish.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The picture that doesn't have his head in it?  

Crazy how some shooters like the other one in Texas (Cult and gang member killed entire family) or the Tenn one gets NO follow up and no release of motive or social media. (mandifesto)

this one has some sketchy Russian created social media post the media is quick to publish.

Yeah. Which may or may not actually be him but if we're going to use it as proof positive that he's a nazi then it's fair to address it from that angle coming the other direction.

• Like (+1) 1

Update:

Pinning down Garcia’s motive remains a challenge as, thus far, no note or manifesto has been located.

What they have determined is that Garcia’s focus appears to have been the location, rather than any particular demographic.

Sibley said investigators have determined the shooter targeted the location of the outlet mall rather than a specific group of people.

“He was very random in the people he killed,” Sibley said. “It didn’t matter the age, race or sex, he just shot people, which is horrific in itself.”

As noted, there is no indication Garcia had worked at the mall, so his reason for choosing that location remains unclear. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/05/10/updated-info-on-the-allen-texas-mall-shooter-n743564

• Like (+1) 1

Weaponizing Death

Death is traumatic enough, without searching for ways to gain political traction from it. 

By Victor Davis Hanson

Recently there has been a spate of horrific murders.

The killers, whether committing mass shootings or single homicides, are hard to stereotype. 

They can be clearly either mentally ill or simply innately evil. They can kill for revenge, for ideological purposes, out of hatred, for notoriety—or for no known reason at all. 

They are probably left-wing and right-wing, white, black, and brown, young, and old. While their weapons of choice are semiautomatic rifles, there are plenty of killers who favor handguns and even knives. 

Unfortunately, these tragedies increasingly have become politicized. 

Yet our media and politicians do not apply a common standard of reporting about either the victims, the killers, or the apparent motives and circumstances of the violence. 

Instead, each horror is quickly analyzed for its political usefulness. Then its details are electively downplayed or emphasized, depending upon the political agenda at work. 

A sad example was the terrible murder spree at the private Christian Covenant School in Nashville. A transgender male lethally shot six people, including three 9-year-old children.

Almost immediately, three media narratives emerged. 

One, semiautomatic weapons, not the killer Audrey Hale, were mostly responsible for the massacre.

Two, the shooter’s transgender identity profile played no role in the killing whatsoever.

Three, the public had no need to know of the contents of the shooter’s “manifesto.” 

Why?

The media and authorities apparently assumed Hale’s written rantings tried to justify the murders because of Christianity’s supposed disapproval of transgenderism. 

That censored reaction to the Tennessee shooting was quite different from another mass murder committed nearly six weeks later in Allen, Texas by a former security guard Mauricio Garcia. 

Within minutes of the identification of the shooter, the media blared that Garcia wore pro-Nazi insignia and was thus a “white supremacist.” 

Apparently that narrative was deemed useful to promote the idea of white supremacist terrorists using their semiautomatic “assault” weapons to kill for right-wing agendas. 

The strained effort to make violent “people of color” into white right-wing killers is reminiscent of Trayvon Martin’s death in 2012. 

The media also did not wish to sensationalize either the profile or circumstances of another contemporaneous mass shooter Francisco Oropeza. He executed five of his neighbors, including a young boy and two women.

Only later did we learn that Oropeza was in fact an illegal alien who had been deported four times previously and returned each time through an open border.

Most recently, outrage grew over the homicide of Jordan Neely, a homeless man who frequented the subway and often threatened and occasionally attacked bystanders. 

When a would-be good Samaritan and ex-Marine determined Neely’s latest threats to passengers were serious, he subdued him with a choke hold. Tragically Neely died while being restrained. 

A media circus followed. Neely was black. The former Marine who held him down was white. So activists and the media immediately cited the death as yet more proof of systemic racism.

The public was lectured that Neely was a talented impersonator, who did professional street imitations of Michael Jackson. 

The violent death of his mother, we were told, had traumatized him.

Released subway videos showed him on the floor of the subway, thrashing about while the white Marine held him in a headlock. 

Protests and demands for a murder indictment followed. 

Then later the inevitable skipped details trickled out, despite, not because of, media coverage. 

Neely had been arrested 42 times, including for lewd conduct, with three convictions for violent assaults. 

His forte was brutally punching random victims in the face, including a 67-year old woman, and a 68-year-old Hispanic male. 

The news stories also neglected to mention that a black passenger helped subdue Neely. 

Death is traumatic enough, without searching for ways to gain political traction from it. 

It is eerie how each tragedy prompts a desperate effort to spin narratives of a racist America, where only right-wing killers and vigilantes prey on marginalized people of color and the transgendered.

Once these fables become “facts,” then the media runs with their fables.

https://amgreatness.com/2023/05/10/weaponizing-death/

• Thank you (+1) 2