What is better, no guns, or more guns?

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Again, criminals (esp gang members) don't care about gun laws. They don't care about "universal background checks". They don't care about "magazine limits". They don't care about hurting others. 

55 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Again, criminals (esp gang members) don't care about gun laws. They don't care about "universal background checks". They don't care about "magazine limits". They don't care about hurting others. 

neither do those espousing civil war...but I'm beginning to think it might be a good thing.

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: 

US Prohibition Against 18-to-20-Year-Olds Buying Handguns Tossed.

The US government’s prohibition on 18-to-20-year-olds buying handguns violates the Second Amendment and “cannot stand,” a federal judge in Virginia ruled.

The right to purchase a handgun falls under right to “keep and bear arms,” and young adults are among “the people” protected by the Second Amendment, Judge Robert E. Payne of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at Richmond said Wednesday.

Restricting the right of 18-to-20-year-olds to buy handguns, via an interlocking collection of federal law and regulations, isn’t supported by the nation’s history and tradition, Payne said. The government presented numerous militia laws from around the time of the nation’s founding, but they showed that 16 or 18 was the age of militia service then, he said.

The government did not present any evidence supporting “age-based restrictions on the purchase or sale of firearms from the colonial era, Founding, or Early Republic,” Payne said.

The earliest age restrictions for buying guns the government pointed to were laws passed in Alabama and Tennessee in 1856, Payne said. But none of the antebellum laws provided a definition of “minor” and “it is unclear to whom exactly they applied,” he said.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/us-prohibition-against-18-to-20-year-olds-buying-handguns-tossed

Here’s the opinion. Freedom advances, bit by bit.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.524643/gov.uscourts.vaed.524643.47.0_1.pdf

4 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

If you follow this argument to its natural conclusion: we don’t need any laws at all.

Hardly convincing since many of the Jan 6 terrorists stored their weapons just outside of DC with rapid response teams because they DC gun laws were so strict. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If you follow this argument to its natural conclusion: we don’t need any laws at all.

Hardly convincing since many of the Jan 6 terrorists stored their weapons just outside of DC with rapid response teams because they DC gun laws were so strict. 

Ad hominem attacks are the last vestige of a lost cause. His point, that is obvious to anyone with about room temperature IQ, is that the people who are willing to kill others will never be dissuaded by a paperwork law. Pointing out that major crimes will never be stopped by minor inconvenience.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Ad hominem attacks are the last vestige of a lost cause. His point, that is obvious to anyone with about room temperature IQ, is that the people who are willing to kill others will never be dissuaded by a paperwork law. Pointing out that major crimes will never be stopped by minor inconvenience.

I think you should look up the definition of ad hominem arguments…

In any case, like I said, if enacting laws about crime has no impact on crime, then why do we have any laws about crimes?

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I think you should look up the definition of ad hominem arguments…

In any case, like I said, if enacting laws about crime has no impact on crime, then why do we have any laws about crimes?

Wrong words, I meant reductio ad absurdum, that is embarrassing. Anyways the reason we make laws is that they make our lives better. The reason I am against most new gun laws is two fold- the current ones are poorly enforced and since 99.9% of people don't worry me I would prefer the government focus on dealing with those people that can cause issues. Forcing good people to work harder to benefit government is not a good idea to me. 

'She went out peacefully' | Boyfriend, child were in bed with woman when she was killed by stray bullet  Bethany Mefford leaves behind three boys, all of which are under the age of 7.

“The Harris County Sheriff’s Office said Mefford was sleeping when a stray bullet went through her bedroom wall around 2:30 Wednesday morning.

A neighbor allegedly fired up to 15 times at suspected car burglars in the parking lot of their apartment complex but ended up killing the beloved mother and partner.”

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, B-Man said:

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: 

US Prohibition Against 18-to-20-Year-Olds Buying Handguns Tossed.

The US government’s prohibition on 18-to-20-year-olds buying handguns violates the Second Amendment and “cannot stand,” a federal judge in Virginia ruled.

The right to purchase a handgun falls under right to “keep and bear arms,” and young adults are among “the people” protected by the Second Amendment, Judge Robert E. Payne of the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at Richmond said Wednesday.

Restricting the right of 18-to-20-year-olds to buy handguns, via an interlocking collection of federal law and regulations, isn’t supported by the nation’s history and tradition, Payne said. The government presented numerous militia laws from around the time of the nation’s founding, but they showed that 16 or 18 was the age of militia service then, he said.

The government did not present any evidence supporting “age-based restrictions on the purchase or sale of firearms from the colonial era, Founding, or Early Republic,” Payne said.

The earliest age restrictions for buying guns the government pointed to were laws passed in Alabama and Tennessee in 1856, Payne said. But none of the antebellum laws provided a definition of “minor” and “it is unclear to whom exactly they applied,” he said.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/us-prohibition-against-18-to-20-year-olds-buying-handguns-tossed

Here’s the opinion. Freedom advances, bit by bit.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.524643/gov.uscourts.vaed.524643.47.0_1.pdf

More on the above.

One indefensible federal gun law just got struck down

It’s unlikely this ruling will be overturned.

For years, law-abiding adults have been prohibited from buying handguns in the United States. Not all law-abiding adults, mind you, but an awful lot of them. In particular, those adults under the age of 21.

They could buy shotguns and rifles, including the notorious AR-15, but they couldn’t buy a handgun of any kind. Now, a court has found that this federal prohibition is unconstitutional. Reuters reports:

A federal judge in Virginia has struck down federal laws that block the sale of handguns to buyers under the age of 21, ruling they violate constitutional rights to possess firearms.

The ruling, which the Justice Department is expected to challenge, will not take effect until judge Robert Payne, of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, who was appointed by President George H.W. Bush, issues his final order in the coming weeks.

The ruling would not affect the 19 states that have their own laws barring handgun sales to anyone younger than 21.

Payne’s ruling follows on the Supreme Court’s significant expansion of gun rights in the past year, which the judge frequently referenced in his ruling issued on Wednesday.

‘Because the statutes and regulations in question are not consistent with our nation’s history and tradition, they, therefore, cannot stand,’ Payne wrote in his decision.

https://www.based-politics.com/2023/05/12/one-indefensible-federal-gun-law-just-got-struck-down/

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, B-Man said:

the decline of Dick’s Sporting Goods

From the article you didn’t read. You call this decline?

Beginning in 2024, Dick’s will open 20 massive 100,000-square-foot facilities called “Dick’s House of Sport” that will feature batting cages, a 32-foot climbing wall, a virtual golf experience that allows visitors to experience courses around the world and, of course, a “wellness center.” The stores will also feature an outdoor field and running track that will also double as an outdoor movie theater in the summer and a skating rink in the winter.

DIck’s is doing just fine without you gun nuts. 

Cry harder Bonnie

Democrat Chris Murphy Goes Full Insurrectionist and Predicts 'Popular Revolt' to Force America to Accept Gun Control

IMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.4010ab5a074ede286a25177e05a6fc78.jpeg

Connecticut Democrat Senator Chris Murphy took a hard left turn into insurrectionism on Sunday. Speaking on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Murphy declared that if the Supreme Court continued to recognize the Second Amendment as a fundamental Constitutional right, then, you know, there might be a “popular revolt.”

According to Murphy, the Supreme Court is illegitimate, district court judges enforcing Supreme Court decisions are just awful people, and unless the Supreme Court backs off and lets fascists at all levels of government do their thing, some bad sh** might happen.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/05/14/democrat-chris-murphy-goes-full-insurrectionist-and-predicts-popular-revolt-to-force-america-to-accept-gun-control-n745839

• Angry 1

20 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

You forgot to post where the gun laws are strongest. (again)

Chicago shootings: 26 shot, 6 fatally in weekend gun violence across city, police say

ABC News Local ^ | May 15, 2023 | By ABC7 Chicago Digital Team

CHICAGO (WLS) -- At least 26 people have been shot, six fatally, in gun violence across Chicago so far this weekend, police said. In the latest fatal shooting, a man was found shot to death inside a home Sunday afternoon in South Chicago. Just before 5 p.m., the man, whose age was unknown, was discovered with a gunshot wound to the head in the 7900 block of South Marquette Avenue, according to Chicago police. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. No one is in custody, and area detectives continue to investigate.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shootings-this-weekend-river-north-shooting-today/13249448/

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You mean. . . . . . . . . . this guy ?

Collin County TX Democrat - Steven Spainhouer. 

“We need some action in our legislatures at the federal and state level for better gun control,” he said in an interview with MSNBC a day after the mass killing outside Premium Outlets in Allen, Texas. “And I’m saying that as someone who loves guns.”

• Like (+1) 2

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: 

Gun rights advocates win major challenge to N.J.’s tough concealed carry law. 

“A new law limiting concealed carry of guns in New Jersey suffered another defeat in federal court Tuesday as a judge ordered state officials not to enforce its tight restrictions pending a flurry of legal challenges from gun rights advocates.

The ruling means New Jerseyans with proper permits are free to carry handguns at beaches, public parks, bars and restaurants — places from where Gov. Phil Murphy and his Democratic allies in the state Legislature sought to ban firearms in an effort to curb gun violence.”

Well, in an effort to curb something.

https://www.nj.com/news/2023/05/gun-rights-advocates-win-major-challenge-to-njs-tough-concealed-carry-law.html

• Like (+1) 2

Bought a new gun over the weekend.  Went to buy ammo.  What a pain in the ass.  The store required me to show my pistol permit because I was buying a pistol cartridge that is not used in long guns. I asked them, what if I was buying 44 magnum bullets?  They said they just ask if you are using it for a pistol.  If you say yes, then they require you to present a pistol permit.  WTF?  These laws have so many holes in them and have no impact on anything other than to irritate.  What a mess.   

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

Bought a new gun over the weekend.  Went to buy ammo.  What a pain in the ass.  The store required me to show my pistol permit because I was buying a pistol cartridge that is not used in long guns. I asked them, what if I was buying 44 magnum bullets?  They said they just ask if you are using it for a pistol.  If you say yes, then they require you to present a pistol permit.  WTF?  These laws have so many holes in them and have no impact on anything other than to irritate.  What a mess.   

That's ridiculous. What caliber? 9mm? I don't know a pistol caliber that can't be used in a long gun. You can have 9mm, 10mm, .45 ACP, etc. AR platform or even a lever action rifle. So how would they really know? 

I'm so thankful I live in Oklahoma. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

That's ridiculous. What caliber? 9mm? I don't know a pistol caliber that can't be used in a long gun. You can have 9mm, 10mm, .45 ACP, etc. AR platform or even a lever action rifle. So how would they really know? 

I'm so thankful I live in Oklahoma. 

I bought this: Ruger LCP Max. There might be a .380 long gun.  I'm not sure if anyone makes one.  They were also asking for ID from a guy in line in front of me for black powder.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

I bought this: Ruger LCP Max. There might be a .380 long gun.  I'm not sure if anyone makes one.  They were also asking for ID from a guy in line in front of me for black powder.  

I bought a Ruger LCP from PSA for my fiancé. GREAT little pistol. What is the "Max" version? 

BTW: Kel-Tec makes a .380 16" carbine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I bought a Ruger LCP from PSA for my fiancé. GREAT little pistol. What is the "Max" version? 

BTW: Kel-Tec makes a .380 16" carbine. 

Well.  There you go.  I will use that next time!  Thanks!  The Max comes standard 10+1 with an option of 12+1.  And it's like .05" wider than the LCP.  I was never really sold on the 380.  I tried to carry a Glock 36 which is a single stack .45.  But even that's too big.  So I have been carrying a S&W Chief's Special in 38.  I just wanted a smaller gun and with 13 rounds I can get past the puny caliber size.  I'm a felon here in NY if I load more than 7 rounds!  NY Magazine Law Never broke a law in my life.  

There's so many ***** gun laws here in NY, it's actually confusing.  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Love these NYS gun laws. used to carry a G19.  But the safe act, so it's a Ruger LCR in .357 ever since. 

if you got to carry less rounds, mind as well make them count. 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Irv said:

Well.  There you go.  I will use that next time!  Thanks!  The Max comes standard 10+1 with an option of 12+1.  And it's like .05" wider than the LCP.  I was never really sold on the 380.  I tried to carry a Glock 36 which is a single stack .45.  But even that's too big.  So I have been carrying a S&W Chief's Special in 38.  I just wanted a smaller gun and with 13 rounds I can get past the puny caliber size.  I'm a felon here in NY if I load more than 7 rounds!  NY Magazine Law Never broke a law in my life.  

There's so many ***** gun laws here in NY, it's actually confusing.  What a mess. 

.380 will do the trick if you need it! 

After I got the LCP for her, I debated keeping it for myself! lol 

I'm going to continue to carry my SR9c and use the PSA Dagger with the suppressor, Surefire light and Vortex Venom for home defense. 

Here in Oklahoma, if you can pass a 4473 to own a firearm... you can carry (constitutional carry state)... both open and conceal carry. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

.380 will do the trick if you need it! 

After I got the LCP for her, I debated keeping it for myself! lol 

I'm going to continue to carry my SR9c and use the PSA Dagger with the suppressor, Surefire light and Vortex Venom for home defense. 

Here in Oklahoma, if you can pass a 4473 to own a firearm... you can carry (constitutional carry state)... both open and conceal carry. 

Do a lot of people open carry?  If you had to guess what %?  Just curious.  Only the cops can do that here.   I have a Remington 870 pump with my deer barrel, loaded with 000 Buck for the house.  That should do the trick without shooting through walls!

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You are awfully sensitive. I don’t think I used a slur and girl gun as an insult is your interpretation 

I would call a VW beetle a girl’s car. A vehicle typically driven by young girls. Is that an insult? Not really. That’s how I feel about that little glock

Closeted super ultra maga right here  👆 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

MAGA nuts

I don't actually defend this dude but this is a case that shows your stupidity. You believe a guy doing no harm to anyone in his protest is more problematic than guys who burn down buildings and murder people, it basically describes you to a T Billsy. This guy is a moron but still far more rational than you Billsy.

• Like (+1) 2