What is better, no guns, or more guns?

So for all the people who say we need more good guys with guns, why isn’t Texas one of the safest states? Presumably there were armed people in the mall where the shooting happened. That didn’t stop it from happening. 8 dead, 3 in critical condition. Think of how many people were impacted/ traumatized beyond those dead or injured. More guns = more bloodshed. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

So for all the people who say we need more good guys with guns, why isn’t Texas one of the safest states? Presumably there were armed people in the mall where the shooting happened. That didn’t stop it from happening. 8 dead, 3 in critical condition. Think of how many people were impacted/ traumatized beyond those dead or injured. More guns = more bloodshed. 

20230505_000402.thumb.jpg.75e6b0c687857feda63e8d795506686a.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What other amendments?

2nd Amendment is vague. We can work a loophole in it to remove high-powered military rifles from the hands of the knuckle-dragging morons I'm forced to share a country with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

2nd Amendment is vague. We can work a loophole in it to remove high-powered military rifles from the hands of the knuckle-dragging morons I'm forced to share a country with. 

Shall not be infringed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

why is it vague?

I’m waiting to see what happens in an open carry/stand your ground state when one guy with a gun meets someone he doesn’t like who is also carrying a gun. Each of them feel threatened by the other so I guess whoever shoots first wins and gets to walk away. Welcome to the Wild West in America. 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You can keep your .22, Rambo. 

"A well-regulated militia" is often ignored. 

The right of the people to keep and bare arms. 

what other amendments you wanna go after about how vague they are? 

Just now, Roundybout said:

You can keep your .22, Rambo. 

Nah I'll keep whatever I need to keep my family safe which is all of them. Thanks for your concern. We were robbed 15 years ago and my wife was hiding in the closet crying thinking we were going to die. Cops came 2 hours later. Never again. If my house ever gets robbed again you will hear on the news about how some evil gun loving white man killed some harmless armed criminals who just needed money for food and they will show the criminals in their Sunday best and say how they were the sweetest boys with only 50 arrests but were turning their life around. I'll be in jail but at least my wife will be safe. Sorry to ruin your weekend

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Where were all the gung-ho "da gubment's gonna take mah gunz" Kurt Russell wannabes, huh? 

Most people don't carry because of people like you making them feel bad about it. Also if someone tried to help like the guy on the subway they were turn it into a murder investigation. Laws don't stop bad guys from shooting people just like it doesn't stop people from doing drugs. It just stops law abiding citizens and bad guys don't follow laws

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what other amendments you wanna go after about how vague they are? 

You can keep and bare a .22 or a nice pistol. 

Your AR-15 is going away. It's going to happen one way or the other. 

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nah I'll keep whatever I need to keep my family safe which is all of them. Thanks for your concern. We were robbed 15 years ago and my wife was hiding in the closet crying thinking we were going to die. Cops came 2 hours later. Never again. If my house ever gets robbed again you will hear on the news about how some evil gun loving white man killed some harmless armed criminals who just needed money for food and they will show the criminals in their Sunday best and say how they were the sweetest boys with only 50 arrests but were turning their life around. I'll be in jail but at least my wife will be safe. Sorry to ruin your weekend

Most people don't carry because of people like you making them feel bad about it. Also if someone tried to help like the guy on the subway they were turn it into a murder investigation. Laws don't stop bad guys from shooting people just like it doesn't stop people from doing drugs. It just stops law abiding citizens and bad guys don't follow laws

I'm sorry to hear that happened. The AR-15s and similar military-style rifles are still going away. You can defend your castle with a shotgun or a rimfire or something else. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

And what about the rights of the dead, wounded and their families? No one is talking about banning all guns. The majority of Americans want common sense laws to address this issue.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

You can keep and bare a .22 or a nice pistol. 

Your AR-15 is going away. It's going to happen one way or the other. 

I'm sorry to hear that happened. The AR-15s and similar military-style rifles are still going away. You can defend your castle with a shotgun or a rimfire or something else. 

Good luck. There's millions of ar-15 it's one of the most popular styles of rifle. They will never find them all. I lost mine in a boating accident anyhow 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Good luck. There's millions of ar-15 it's one of the most popular styles of rifle. They will never find them all. I lost mine in a boating accident anyhow 

They can figure it out. Most other countries have. 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They can figure it out. Most other countries have. 

Just like they got rid of all of the drugs. Surely nobody will overdose on fentanyl tonight because drugs are illegal. How many billions of dollars of our tax payer money will they spend trying to find the guns? Ain't gonna happen, best thing you can do is arm yourself. Can't rely on other people to help you

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just like they got rid of all of the drugs. Surely nobody will overdose on fentanyl tonight because drugs are illegal. How many billions of dollars of our tax payer money will they spend trying to find the guns? Ain't gonna happen, best thing you can do is arm yourself. Can't rely on other people to help you

Serbia had a mass shooting. Within days, the people mobilized to advocate for a gun ban. Interesting how that works when you aren't completely brainwashed into pretending you're John Wayne fighting the bad guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Serbia had a mass shooting. Within days, the people mobilized to advocate for a gun ban. Interesting how that works when you aren't completely brainwashed into pretending you're John Wayne fighting the bad guys. 

Trust me I don't think I'm John Wayne, I'm just doing my best to protect my family as I already saw that nobody else will. It's my right to defend them and if that makes me a gun loving white man then so be it. I'll be ostracized and scrutinized and thrown in jail, or shot and killed, but whatever it takes to protect them

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Then why haven’t they been banned with all the gang shootings? Why don’t they respond after those? Weird

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The vague one

Well, considering the second amendment was written in the context of utilizing state militias to counterbalance any free standing federal army, I’d hope that you at least belong to your state militia if you’d like to fully avail yourself of your constitutional rights. 

Just remember, the individual right to own a gun under the law isn’t yet old enough to vote. 

Man who witnessed Allen outlet mall shooting describes carnage: 'It's just unfathomable'

“The first girl I walked up to was crouched down covering her head in the bushes, so I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side and she had no face."

We are the only rich country in the world that regularly goes through this and the GOP is fighting like hell to make sure we keep doing it. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Trust me I don't think I'm John Wayne, I'm just doing my best to protect my family as I already saw that nobody else will. It's my right to defend them and if that makes me a gun loving white man then so be it. I'll be ostracized and scrutinized and thrown in jail, or shot and killed, but whatever it takes to protect them

So you arm yourself and accompany your kids to school, your family to church, your family to the shopping mall and Tops, to the movies, to country concerts? Your in the car when your  daughter bangs a turnaround in someone’s driveway?

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Leaning towards less guns.

If armed bystanders aren't preventing mass shootings in Texas, then that argument needs looking at. 

The “good guy with a gun” thing is a myth. It plays out so rarely, and when it does, many people are likely already dead before it does.

Uvalde, Buffalo Shootings Expose the Myth of the ‘Good Guy With a Gun’

“From 2000-2019, 119 of 345 active shooters committed suicide, the bureau said in a long-trend report. Another 119 were apprehended by police, 67 were killed by police, and five are at large. In only four cases did citizens kill the shooters – and none of those four happened at an educational setting.”

The ONLY thing that will start to curb the number of these tragedies is stricter gun control. But that’s more upsetting to too many Americans than dead kids with their faces blown off to actually happen. 

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Man who witnessed Allen outlet mall shooting describes carnage: 'It's just unfathomable'

“The first girl I walked up to was crouched down covering her head in the bushes, so I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side and she had no face."

We are the only rich country in the world that regularly goes through this and the GOP is fighting like hell to make sure we keep doing it. 

Guns per Capita has not changed much in this country in at least 100 years but this is mainly a problem of the last 25, why? What factors that did not exist in 1950 exist now?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The “good guy with a gun” thing is a myth. It plays out so rarely, and when it does, many people are likely already dead before it does.

Uvalde, Buffalo Shootings Expose the Myth of the ‘Good Guy With a Gun’

“From 2000-2019, 119 of 345 active shooters committed suicide, the bureau said in a long-trend report. Another 119 were apprehended by police, 67 were killed by police, and five are at large. In only four cases did citizens kill the shooters – and none of those four happened at an educational setting.”

The ONLY thing that will start to curb the number of these tragedies is stricter gun control. But that’s more upsetting to too many Americans than dead kids with their faces blown off to actually happen. 

why do people do them in the first place? Why are they choosing to do this?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Switzerland has more lenient gun laws then we do but has very few murders, why? 

You ask a lot of questions but don’t try to answer them yourself, why?

In any event, Switzerland has strict licensing requirements, about 25% of the guns are for military or police purposes, the laws are designed to prevent violent people from obtaining a gun, and it’s very difficult to get a permit to carry your gun so most are left at home. 

In addition to that, despite the stricter gun laws than we have here, Switzerland still has a higher rate of gun deaths than most European countries. Because, as you should know by now, more guns means more gun deaths. 

Switzerland has a stunningly high rate of gun ownership — here's why it doesn't have mass shootings

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Switzerland has more lenient gun laws than we do but has very few murders, why? 

Most likely a tiny population and quality mental healthcare available to everyone. You know, the thing that Republicans keep cutting?