What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Access to guns extinguishes rights to life weather by murder or suicide. Presumably, the families and friends of the 7,920 people lost to gun suicide wish that their loved one didn’t have access to the weapon that ended their life.  More guns, more open carry, more stand your ground laws, etc equals more danger to all  (owner as well as others) in society. 

Access does? Wow

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Absolutely. When your entire ideology is hatred and fear, this is the end result. 

The murders are almost exclusively in deep blue areas. These random ones are concerning but are extremely rare, which is why they are newsworthy. Liberal areas with 20 shootings a weekend are not newsworthy because they are expected 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, SUNY_amherst said:

ok.. almost every day genius

No... it doesn't. It's rare. Prove to me otherwise. Show me where "every day" or "every other day" someone is going in to shoot up a school, a mall, a concert, etc. 

Again, it's RARE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding the 79 yr old shooting and killing his leaf blowing neighbor:

“Once again, easy access to firearms has turned a dispute into a deadly crime,” Lake County State’s Attorney Eric Rinehart said of Martys’ murder. “We will support the victims and seek justice in the court rooms.” In all of the recent, high-profile incidents, the assailants shot a victim over a harmless mistake or a trivial everyday occurrence.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/illinois-man-ettore-lacchei-accused-of-shooting-neighbor-dead-for-using-a-leaf-blower/

Another senseless killing by a person who was probably not a career criminal, but who owned a gun and in a moment of rage chose the gun as the solution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This is where the left just keeps posting outliers while ignoring the majority of gun violence/mass shootings that are gang related.  cause they have no intent on actually addressing the issue.

Just yelling about guns for the benefit of the gun manufacturers.  the more the left screams ban, the more guns are sold.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

The topic was mass shootings. The setting was not specified. Mass shootings happen every day in this country.

guys like you are gonna ruin it for us

It aint people like him doing the shooting. 

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

i didn’t say it was

Then how and what is he ruining.

Honestly every time you all talk about banning things, guns are sold at record numbers.  

But we know the DEM DA's in DEM strongholds will never go after the problem as it might go against all the Defund police narrative and attacking the loyal base.

40 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Then how and what is he ruining.

Honestly every time you all talk about banning things, guns are sold at record numbers.  

But we know the DEM DA's in DEM strongholds will never go after the problem as it might go against all the Defund police narrative and attacking the loyal base.

Well this is certainly a take. 

A dumb and wrong one, but it certainly is a take.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

because if you wanna say it’s not a mass shooting because it didn’t occur at a school/mall/whatever, people are gonna think you are psycho. 

the more people think gun owners are psycho, the less likely we are gonna be able to keep them in the future. Hence making him part of the problem 

it’s really not that hard of a concept for most adults. “Mass shooting” - mass=more than 1 and shooting=shot by firearms 

where it occurred is not relevant. Imagine if I said it’s not a mass shooting if it was rainy or cloudy that day. Just as dumb

I will *NEVER* consider a drive-by a "mass shooting". It's NOT on the same level as what happened in Vegas or Nashville. It takes away those mass events. 

13 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The murders are almost exclusively in deep blue areas. These random ones are concerning but are extremely rare, which is why they are newsworthy. Liberal areas with 20 shootings a weekend are not newsworthy because they are expected 

Deep blue areas are ones with the most people, unlike the bumf*ck rural places.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

cool? I don’t care what you think. You are just wrong, congrats 

You believe some gang bangers shooting at each other is on the same level as some crazy dude shooting up a movie theater? 

The FBI, for some reason, agrees with me. They don't count those either. Why is that? 

So.... the FBI is wrong as well? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you speak for the FBI now? You are embarrassing yourself 

Huh? Again, the FBI (in their research and reports) do NOT include gang violence in their "mass shootings" report. 

Dude, your lack of knowledge on the subject where as I have done EXTENSIVE research on it... you're the one embarrassing yourself. Not me. I don't need to get my information from Fox, CNN or MSNBC like you apparently are. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

God you sound like another one of those f-ing Covid-idiots. “I’ve done research”, lol. 

no, you’ve done validation of your own personal feelings. That’s a far cry from actual research, it’s embarrassing 

I've been involved with firearms, in some regards (if that's when I shot competitively across the United States as a teenager, weapons training in the military or building rifles today), since I was 9 years old. I've done research on the subject in college as a criminal justice major. 

Not sure why you are such a moron to where you think I'm making stuff up when I said what the FBI counts and doesn't count. You want to b*tch and moan, make fun of, whatever.... call your local FBI office and tell them "This is just your own personal feelings!!!".

You f'ing idiot. AGAIN, the FBI does NOT include gang shootings or drug deals gone bad, etc. Those are not the same as a legit mass shooter. 

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2021-052422.pdf/view

FBI.JPG.a150530040b4d691fb2e226e28a9e2ad.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I've been involved with firearms, in some regards (if that's when I shot competitively across the United States as a teenager, weapons training in the military or building rifles today), since I was 9 years old. I've done research on the subject in college as a criminal justice major. 

Not sure why you are such a moron to where you think I'm making stuff up when I said what the FBI counts and doesn't count. You want to b*tch and moan, make fun of, whatever.... call your local FBI office and tell them "This is just your own personal feelings!!!".

You f'ing idiot. AGAIN, the FBI does NOT include gang shootings or drug deals gone bad, etc. Those are not the same as a legit mass shooter. 

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2021-052422.pdf/view

FBI.JPG.a150530040b4d691fb2e226e28a9e2ad.JPG

Don't bother man.

"Mass shootings" include black-initiated gang shootings when they want to pump the numbers up.

"Mass shootings" are curtailed and curated to only include white MKULTRA participants who shoot up schools and synagogues when they want to demonize whites.

You'll never have an honest conversation with them on the topic.

• Agree 2

Just now, LeviF said:

Don't bother man.

"Mass shootings" include black-initiated gang shootings when they want to pump the numbers up.

"Mass shootings" are curtailed and curated to only include white MKULTRA participants who shoot up schools and synagogues when they want to demonize whites.

I know brother.... they don't give a sh*t about black-on-black or gang shootings. Gangs/druggies who kill innocent bystanders... they ONLY care when it helps pump up their numbers to scream out "AR-15's ARE BAD!!!" 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Don't bother man.

Sounds like no one should bother with you, either. The pile of bodies stacking up is no big deal to you, many are black people, so it should be ignored, huh? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds like no one should bother with you, either. The pile of bodies stacking up is no big deal to you, many are black people, so it should be ignored, huh? 

Of course it shouldn't be ignored... but it's in a totally different category. One crazy-a$$ person wanting to kill as many innocent people as possible is NOT the same as some gang banger trying to kill rival gang members. 

If the democrat mayors in these cities cared at all, maybe we'd see a drop in numbers.  

massshootings-states.thumb.JPG.af44f6f7ec9dbba491be642820208778.JPG

massshootings-highestcounts.thumb.JPG.6b71e31c53b4cca06dc04ae9f1fba140.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Of course it shouldn't be ignored... but it's in a totally different category. One crazy-a$$ person wanting to kill as many innocent people as possible is NOT the same as some gang banger trying to kill rival gang members. 

If the democrat mayors in these cities cared at all, maybe we'd see a drop in numbers.  

massshootings-states.thumb.JPG.af44f6f7ec9dbba491be642820208778.JPG

massshootings-highestcounts.thumb.JPG.6b71e31c53b4cca06dc04ae9f1fba140.JPG

Democratic mayors can't do anything when the laws allow anyone to get guns because the country is flooded with guns. Red states with lose guns laws see higher rates of gun violence. 

And all those gun related suicides? Wow 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

As I’ve stated repeatedly, the solutions are there, just not the gumption to implement them. Toss gang members in prison for the max plus the fed gang escalator and you’ll see the gap close. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LeviF said:

As I’ve stated repeatedly, the solutions are there, just not the gumption to implement them. Toss gang members in prison for the max plus the fed gang escalator and you’ll see the gap close. 

BS BS BS, that's all 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Democratic mayors can't do anything when the laws allow anyone to get guns because the country is flooded with guns. Red states with lose guns laws see higher rates of gun violence. 

And all those gun related suicides? Wow 

California? Anyone? Location of the most (actual) mass shootings in 2021. Practically everything is banned there. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

No you won’t. There’s no amount “tough policing” that will stop this. That’s just lazy talk from fake tough guys. 

By the time some gang banger is pulling the trigger, they aren’t considering the legal consequences of their actions. They are literally risking their lives. You think they’re scared of prison?

Maybe if we looked at the root causes of crime, we could prevent them from joining gangs in the first place. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BS BS BS, that's all 

BS?

hatefacts1.thumb.JPG.9a75254167aaa9f07c9756802c3ad3cd.JPG

Gun homicide death rate for white, non-hispanic is 2.1 per 100,000. On par with the rates for Nebraska, Colorado, and Connecticut. Still much larger than the say the European Union as a whole, but with more guns than people in the USA. Does the presence of guns mean more deaths? Absolutely. Is the bulk of the gap between the US and other high income countries attributable to guns only? Clearly not.

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

By the time some gang banger is pulling the trigger, they aren’t considering the legal consequences of their actions. 

Maybe if we looked at the root causes of crime, we could prevent them from joining gangs in the first place. 

Consider these two statements and how you literally can't do the second without considering the implications of the first.

What will deter people from joining gangs if they can't comprehend the consequences of their actions to begin with?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Well this is certainly a take. 

A dumb and wrong one, but it certainly is a take.

The fact you could not articulate why but went ad hominem is generic. 

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

No you won’t. There’s no amount “tough policing” that will stop this. That’s just lazy talk from fake tough guys. 

By the time some gang banger is pulling the trigger, they aren’t considering the legal consequences of their actions. They are literally risking their lives. You think they’re scared of prison?

So a well-paying jobs program for say  11 years and up? that pay better than banging?  

Or just toss more money at some charity group.

Sure seemed like last week you all were mad as anything about a bill allowing young kids to work.

29 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I know brother.... they don't give a sh*t about black-on-black or gang shootings. Gangs/druggies who kill innocent bystanders... they ONLY care when it helps pump up their numbers to scream out "AR-15's ARE BAD!!!" 

FACTS. 

they don't give a crap when its the majority that are poor/POC that are the victims.   but if it's an outlier that involves a long gun and rich/white victims. its nonstop in the cycle to push the gun control law they know won't actually stop the problem.  IE, and assault rifle ban.

Its like they dont give a rats ars about the tens of millions living in fear of the gangs. or the many victims of the violence.  unless its a school or mall.  they dont care.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

FACTS. 

they don't give a crap when its the majority that are poor/POC that are the victims.   but if it's an outlier that involves a long gun and rich/white victims. its nonstop in the cycle to push the gun control law they know won't actually stop the problem.  IE, and assault rifle ban.

Its like they dont give a rats ars about the tens of millions living in fear of the gangs. or the many victims of the violence.  unless its a school or mall.  they dont care.

This is all just nonsense.

You must truly live in a bubble if you believe this garbage. 

Just unbelievably dumb to believe something like this. 

• Vomit 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

This is all just nonsense.

You must truly live in a bubble if you believe this garbage. 

Just unbelievably dumb to believe something like this. 

you all only mention it when its a school or mall. never the nightly ones in your backyard.

WHY.

Your attempt at ad hominem is weak and generic. come on.  do better. 

Just now, Chris farley said:

you all only mention it when its a school or mall. never the nightly ones in your backyard.

WHY.

Your attempt at ad hominem is weak and generic. come on.  do better. 

What are you even talking about? You appear to have so walled yourself off from what people on the left are talking about that you’ll just believe anything that makes them look bad.

Yes, gun discussions are disproportionately about mass shootings because those are acute events with high amounts of trauma.

But if you think Democrats aren’t talking about gang violence, suicides and other gun deaths, it’s because you simply aren’t paying attention or don’t want to know the truth because it’s inconvenient to your worldview. 

The right talks crap about Chicago all of the time like it’s a hellhole but then also assumes that Dems aren’t interested in solving gang violence? That’s an unbelievably stupid and logically incoherent belief. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

What are you even talking about? You appear to have so walled yourself off from what people on the left are talking about that you’ll just believe anything that makes them look bad.

Yes, gun discussions are disproportionately about mass shootings because those are acute events with high amounts of trauma.

But if you think Democrats aren’t talking about gang violence, suicides and other gun deaths, it’s because you simply aren’t paying attention or don’t want to know the truth because it’s inconvenient to your worldview. 

The right talks crap about Chicago all of the time like it’s a hellhole but then also assumes that Dems aren’t interested in solving gang violence? That’s an unbelievably stupid and logically incoherent belief. 

Thats right. your city just voted in a dude that thinks it gets solved with more money for green spaces and skate parks. SMH

Is Kim going at the gangs hard?  

Na, she is releasing banger joy riders to go kill little babies.

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

uhhh I dont care. What makes you think I care about that? Tell someone else who might be impressed. You shoot firearms? cool, so does everyone else in our country...

You studied some criminal justice? thats one of the easiest college subjects there is...

--

what I learned in college at SUNY Amherst is that one study does not define an organization's entire stance on a subject. A group from the FBI categorized different mass shootings so they could perform one study in a focused manner.

That is a good thing, only a fool would say the FBI doesn't believe the others count

Geezus Christ dude... I explain what "real" mass shootings are. I explain I have VAST knowledge in regards to firearms, the laws, the impact they have on our society both good and bad... and your reply "one of the easiest college subjects". How exactly does that matter?  (I went on to get a masters in Clinical Mental Health and not far away from fishing a PhD in psychology). But you went to SUNY Amherst. 🙄🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 

So which "study" are you going by that includes gang shootings in the "mass shootings" list? Dude, you're full of sh*t if you don't think those are included to pump up a narrative to those anti-gun/media/liberal morons. You know that's why they include them. Just like when those groups include a drug deal gone bad on the sidewalk next to a high school football stadium at 3 a.m. on a Saturday morning as a "school shooting". 

I'll believe the FBI's own database and studies over your internet rants about how I'm wrong. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Thats right. your city just voted in a dude that thinks it gets solved with more money for green spaces and skate parks. SMH

Is Kim going at the gangs hard?  

Na, she is releasing banger joy riders to go kill little babies.

Ignorance must truly be bliss for you to be so committed to it. 

• Eyeroll 1

I guess Goose missed posting this one.

All those gun-restriction laws and all.

Chicago shootings: At least 27 shot, 5 fatally, in weekend gun violence across city, police say
ABC News Local ^ | May 1, 2023 | By Sun-Times Media Wire

CHICAGO -- At least 27 people have been shot, five fatally, in gun violence across Chicago this weekend, police said.

A 16-year-old boy was fatally shot Sunday morning in Douglas. Responding officers found Darrien Dallen with a gunshot wound to the chest about 9:10 a.m. in the 3700-block of South Michigan Avenue, according to Chicago police and the Cook County medical examiner's office. He was taken to Comer Children's Hospital, where he died.

At least three other teens were wounded, including a 15-year-old boy in New City and a 16-year-old boy in Roseland.

The younger boy was shot near the groin about 8 p.m. Sunday while in the 1900-block of West 47th Street and was hospitalized in fair condition, police said.

The 16-year-old boy was in the 100-block of West 92nd Street about 11:10 p.m. Saturday when someone in a black sedan fired shots, striking him in the arm, police said. He was taken in good condition to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Oak Lawn.

Two men were fatally shot in separate attacks Saturday in Austin on the West Side. Around 12:30 a.m., a man, 39, was found on the ground in the 4900-block of West Hubbard Street with a gunshot wound to the torso. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he died, police said. About 12 hours later, a 32-year-old man was outside in the 5200 block of West Adams Street when four people stepped out of a gray sedan and at least one of them opened fire, striking him multiple times. He was taken to the same hospital, where he died, according to police.

Last weekend, at least 20 people were shot, one fatally, across the city.

https://abc7chicago.com/shootings-in-chicago-this-weekend-today-austin-shooting/13200388/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1