What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Considering there are 400 million firearms in the United States and a FRACTION of people who have one are criminals? Not really. Bothers me that the media and the left paint a false narrative, making people believe things that aren't factual. 

At least you can admit that most of us are good law abiding citizens. 

I can but you know what they say about one bad apple…

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I can but you know what they say about one bad apple…

yeah, remove it before it ruins the entire bushel.

you dont throw out the good ones and leave the bad apple alone.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

your battle is misplaced. I am a gun owner myself.

We should be more pissed at the scumbags who ruin it for all of us than the media who reports on it

the scumbags that ruin it for us all, didn't go through the process we did to carry our guns.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

your battle is misplaced. I am a gun owner myself.

We should be more pissed at the scumbags who ruin it for all of us than the media who reports on it

I'm not saying I don't care... I wish we could Thanos every evil person on the planet. I do get pissed at people who want to harm others. Doesn't mean I don't have to get SICK of the media and left pushing false narratives to further their agenda. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Provide a link of the last time a licensed carry owner committed a mass shooting?

It *has* happened, but it's extremely rare. 

Last time was in 2021 and in nearly every case, it's a murder-suicide incident where the person kills their family. 

• Like (+1) 1

We Need to Call Out the Gun Control Liars When They Lie About the Efficacy of Gun Control.

by Dan Zimmerman

teacherclass3-700x466.jpg

https://slowfacts.wordpress.com/2023/04/25/lies-aimed-at-disarming-you/

Former Rep. Gabby Giffords saw her political career, as it was going, put to an end by a madman. No one thinks what happened to her was justified, but it happened.

It’s not surprising that she recovered and started a gun control group. I don’t think anyone was overly shocked by that.

However, many of Giffords’ supporters have argued over and over again that people like her respect the Second Amendment, they just want what they term “common sense” gun control.

The problem is that Gabby didn’t get that memo.

As we wrap our interview in her office, I ask how she keeps coming back to a challenge so deeply ingrained in politics. She pauses for 12 pregnant seconds.

“No more guns,” she says.

Ambler, her aide and adviser, tries to clarify that she means no more gun violence, but Giffords is clear about what she’s saying. “No, no, no,” she says. “Lord, no.” She pauses another 32 seconds. “Guns, guns, guns. No more guns. Gone.”

An aide tried to say what she meant was something like Australia, but that’s not what she said.

Further, based on quotes throughout the piece, her mind is sharp enough that if it were, she’d have said it. She didn’t. She never mentioned Australia. No, she said, “No more guns.”

In fact, she apparently said it twice.

What Giffords did was say the quiet part out loud.

We’ve long argued that gun control advocates’ endgame was the complete disarmament of the civilian population. They might not be advocating for that explicitly at the moment, but that’s where the incrementalism was going to invariably lead.

We were called crazy, paranoid, and a few things not fit to print.

Yet here we are, one of the leading voices of the gun control debate–one held up as the perfect spokesperson due to her own personal experiences–saying, “No more guns.”

That puts the Giffords organization in a bad spot. They either agree with “no more guns” or they don’t. No one should accept the claim that the former congresswoman was talking about Australia when she clearly never mentioned it. They need to be pressed and pressed hard over this and any talk of Australia questioned even harder.

They either need to defend Gabby’s comments or disavow them. It’s just that simple.

But they won’t.

https://time.com/6274979/gabby-giffords-gun-control/

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/04/27/gabby-giffords-says-n69918

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Idk these mass shootings happen every day it is hard to keep up. And in many (republican-led) states they don't have to be licensed

Still can't be a criminal.  And in dem led cities with gun restrictions.  You said you carry?  Can you carry in the city?

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Bangers doing banger things 

15 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I said I am a gun owner. I didn’t say I carry. I’m not a paranoid loser 

15 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I said I am a gun owner. I didn’t say I carry. I’m not a paranoid loser 

Oh hun. You already proved you are way before that comment

You wouldn't be able to pass the requirements anyways 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Civil Rights Update:

Judge Stephen P. McGlynn, Southern District of Illinois, Blocks Illinois Assault Weapons Ban

BY HERSCHEL SMITH

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A federal judge in East St. Louis issued an order Friday blocking enforcement of Illinois’ ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines until a lawsuit challenging the law is resolved.

Judge Stephen P. McGlynn, of the Southern District of Illinois, said the law known as the Protect Illinois Communities Act, or PICA, is likely to be found unconstitutional when the case goes to trial and the plaintiffs in the consolidated cases will suffer harms without a preliminary injunction to block its enforcement.

In a 29-page opinion, McGlynn acknowledged that the law was passed in the wake of a mass shooting at an Independence Day parade in Highland Park last year. But he said the “senseless crimes of a relative few” cannot be used to justify abridging the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

That’s the so-called “heckler’s veto” which we discussed just recently.  These legal doctrines do matter.

“More specifically, can PICA be harmonized with the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and with Bruen?” McGlynn asked rhetorically in the opinion. “That is the issue before this Court. The simple answer at this stage in the proceedings is ‘likely no.'”

McGlynn’s decision came less than a week after another federal judge, Lindsay Jenkins, of the Northern District of Illinois, reached an opposite conclusion and denied a motion to halt enforcement of the law. Plaintiffs in that case have indicated they intend to appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.

This will likely go to the seventh circuit to rectify the split, and all bets are off there.  But the seventh circuit will block the law, in which case it’s either over or it may go to the supreme court, or they will uphold the law, in which case it will certainly go to the supreme court.

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-assault-weapons-ban-injunction-il-gun-laws-2023-weapon/13193444/

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2023/04/28/judge-stephen-p-mcglynn-southern-district-of-illinois-blocks-illinois-assault-weapons-ban/

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Looks like it was a nutjob shooting off a gun in his yard. Neighbors asked him to stop, so he killed them. 

An armed society is one that solves arguments with bullets.

Gunman Kills Five People in Texas Home, Authorities Say

Your conclusion is rather stupid. We are an armed society. How many of our arguments/disagreements are solved in other ways? Like 99.999999999%?

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Your conclusion is rather stupid. We are an armed society. How many of our arguments/disagreements are solved in other ways? Like 99.999999999%?

How many more people are shot or killed than in peer countries that don’t have so many firearms?

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Pivot

It’s not a pivot. It’s the entire point. The sheer number and ease of access to firearms in this country leads to far more deaths than we see in comparable countries with more sensible approaches to guns. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s not a pivot. It’s the entire point. The sheer number and ease of access to firearms in this country leads to far more deaths than we see in comparable countries with more sensible approaches to guns. 

You claimed an armed society solves its arguments with bullets. I responded to that. You couldn't be more wrong. Almost 100% wrong.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Looks like it was a nutjob shooting off a gun in his yard. Neighbors asked him to stop, so he killed them. 

An armed society is one that solves arguments with bullets.

Gunman Kills Five People in Texas Home, Authorities Say

Just awful. Easy access to guns means a lot more innocent people just getting mowed down 

• Agree 1

For a thread that I never visit a fiver is fantastic!

You've chosen to ignore content by Roundybout. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Andy1. Options

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

If guns keep people safe, I wouldn’t think anyone would get murdered in Texas.

Guns work well in my neighborhood- 20+ years and the worst crime is a couple kids stealing from cars left unlocked, 6 miles away in Frost district they have murder on live tv. But to address your point, guns in good hands saves lives, guns in blue areas are deadly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The only rights that matter happen to fall under 2A - f the rest

The shooter did not have constitutional protections for his gun rights, he is not a citizen. Do we know if he could legally have a gun? And if not why was he not arrested and sent back to Mexico on the previous occurrences that police had to deal with him? 

26 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The shooter did not have constitutional protections for his gun rights, he is not a citizen. Do we know if he could legally have a gun? And if not why was he not arrested and sent back to Mexico on the previous occurrences that police had to deal with him? 

41 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Interesting set of facts 

18 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

To date this year 13,825 people have had their rights extinguished due to gun violence. Meanwhile, guns have been used defensively in a reported 354 incidents. From a rights perspective, it’s not even close when considering who is taking whose rights away. 
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org

When you act like suicide is equal to actual murder there is no point to discussing it. The issues are completely different and need completely different cures.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

When you act like suicide is equal to actual murder there is no point to discussing it. The issues are completely different and need completely different cures.

Access to guns extinguishes rights to life weather by murder or suicide. Presumably, the families and friends of the 7,920 people lost to gun suicide wish that their loved one didn’t have access to the weapon that ended their life.  More guns, more open carry, more stand your ground laws, etc equals more danger to all  (owner as well as others) in society. 

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Access to guns extinguishes rights to life weather by murder or suicide. Presumably, the families and friends of the 7,920 people lost to gun suicide wish that their loved one didn’t have access to the weapon that ended their life.  More guns, more open carry, more stand your ground laws, etc equals more danger to all  (owner as well as others) in society. 

Presumably those with family that committed suicide don't care how they did it, simply why. More guns does not equal more danger to society since guns have been around and widely available for over 100 years and yet the danger from them has become much worse in only liberal areas over the past 40 years.