What is better, no guns, or more guns?

45 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I know what I’m going to advocate won’t happen...but what if. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/15/parkland-shooting-victims-include-young-students-coach-who-saved-others-in-florida-high-school.html

What if we flayed the guy and broadcasted it? What if we did that....if you do this kind of thing we’ll flay you and leave you to die of exposure. I don’t know if that’d have a lasting impact considering most of the times the shooter lays amongst the dead, but I honestly think it needs to be tried....but it won’t be because liberals cry at the talk of such things. 

Put him on trial, convict him and since it is Florida, feed him to the gators, and I don't mean the one that posts here. A live broadcast would be nice and a certain ratings bonanza.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Put him on trial, convict him and since it is Florida, feed him to the gators, and I don't mean the one that posts here. A live broadcast would be nice and a certain ratings bonanza.

Why not just go full "Running Man?"

44 minutes ago, GG said:

How much do attribute to guns vs culture?

GG, surely culture is in the equation as are a number of factors but the number of guns is the overriding reason that the US has far more gun violence.  Many similar cultures have far lower gun violence rates.

This video dives into the numbers better than I could.

The state of gun violence in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX4qUsgHa4Y

34 minutes ago, Cinga said:

But the point is, where do the concessions end? Did you know in China you have to register your kitchen knives? Is that the line in the sand?

But even if we did, there is still that thing called the Second Amendment. Concessions don't mean a damn thing if they are Unconstitutional. 

Please understand this about me. I’m not willing to give up my guns. But I want this to stop. 

Cinga, what I’d do is force schools to hire properly screened vets. 

Cops are a joke and they’d spend more time in schools harassing children than anything else. 

Give me $40,000 (per) a year to pay a few mentally screened, physically capable vets from combat backgrounds. Put them in charge of school security. 

Cops are cowards. Vets aren’t. Vets will run to the sound of gunfire; cops will find reasons to “wait for swat.” 

Arm our schools with armed vets. There’s nothing grunts can’t do, and vets are all about keeping children safe. 

Those are the ideas we need to bring to the table. 

Edited by The_Dude

26 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

GG, surely culture is in the equation as are a number of factors but the number of guns is the overriding reason that the US has far more gun violence.  Many similar cultures have far lower gun violence rates.

This video dives into the numbers better than I could.

The state of gun violence in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX4qUsgHa4Y

Has gone ownership gone up in tandem with rising mass gun violence in the US in the last two generations?  Or has gun ownership remained steady?

Has anything else changed?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Has gone ownership gone up in tandem with rising mass gun violence in the US in the last two generations?  Or has gun ownership remained steady?

Has anything else changed?

If you've got a point, don't be shy.  Speak up

If you are asking me to look into this and report back.  No

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

If you've got a point, don't be shy.  Speak up

If you are asking me to look into this and report back.  No

My questions should be very simple to comprehend, especially for someone who's arguing that guns and gun ownership are the primary contributors to rising mass shootings.

1 minute ago, GG said:

My questions should be very simple to comprehend, especially for someone who's arguing that guns and gun ownership are the primary contributors to rising mass shootings.

GG, I am trying to avoid the insult exchange, believe it or not.

If you have questions, rhetorically, why am I compelled to research and answer them?  Did you watch the video?  Was that question not addressed in the 18 charts?

3 minutes ago, GG said:

You have to remember, Bob is intellectually lazy, and rejects out of hand information which doesn't report to his (unresearched) confirmation biases.

Bob isn't interested in your facts.  He'll ask you to do all the work, and then reject your evidence.

Well, well..........what about the narrative ?

WASHINGTON POST: No, there haven’t been 18 school shootings in 2018. That number is flat wrong.

‘This is a LIE’! Media get BUSTED for spreading this BOGUS gun control narrative (again) .....Regarding last years "repeal"

Kamala Harris didn’t get a reputation for being vapid and self-unaware for no reason … she’s worked very hard for it.

B0UoxZlN_bigger.jpg Kamala HarrisVerified account @SenKamalaHarris 6h6 hours ago

This cannot be a political issue. We have to have smart gun safety laws - our babies are being slaughtered.

Kamala Harris's Ratings

2018 Planned Parenthood Action Fund - Positions (Lifetime) [2/9] ----------------------------- 100%

48 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Because he wouldn't be wrongly convicted like Ahnold was.

But, the gambling and ad revenue for the states would be off the charts...

Far superior than just having a gator eat the guy, IMHO. :P

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You have to remember, Bob is intellectually lazy, and rejects out of hand information which doesn't report to his (unresearched) confirmation biases.  stoned.

Bob isn't interested in your facts.  He'll ask you to do all the work, and then reject your evidence.

He doesn't need facts.  All he needs are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and he's fine...

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You have to remember, Bob is intellectually lazy, and rejects out of hand information which doesn't report to his (unresearched) confirmation biases.

"Smartest man in the room"

You didn't answer me, are you an elementary school teacher?  That is the only way I can imagine this claim is possible.  Geez, please tell me you don't have that up on a sign in your toddler's classroom.  That would not be right. 

Edited by Bob in Mich

4 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Oh good, another fudd.  So in order for a rifle to be an assault rifle, it has to be selective fire.  How difficult is it to obtain a selective fire weapon?

"Assault weapon" is still a term invented by politicians.  Hence why it's different in different jurisdictions.

Don't bother - that's another one of Gatorman's alternate aliases.

14 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

"Smartest man in the room"

You didn't answer me, are you an elementary school teacher.  That is the only way I can imagine this claim is possible.  Geez, please tell me you don't have that up on a sign in your toddler's classroom.  That would not be right. 

Bob, your inability to form internally logically consistent arguments, to process new information, and even to read would be hilarious so long as you don't have the ability to pass any of your compromised genetics along to another generation.  Any shot your drug habit has down graded your ability to procreate?

No matter.

Your arguments, buttressed with a staggering unwillingness to learn and complete lack of coherency, are so poor that they serve as comparative illustrations in favor of the person arguing against you.  You bring an immense value to those holding opposing positions because you consistently help them make their case far better than they could make on their own.

You're an Abbott.  If you didn't exist on your own, I'd be tempted to invent you.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

34 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

GG, I am trying to avoid the insult exchange, believe it or not.

If you have questions, rhetorically, why am I compelled to research and answer them?  Did you watch the video?  Was that question not addressed in the 18 charts?

It's called the Socratic method.  :wallbash:

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Bob, your inability to form internally logically consistent arguments, to process new information, and even to read would be hilarious so long as you don't have the ability to pass any of your compromised genetics along to another generation.  Any shot your drug habit has down graded your ability to procreate?

No matter.

Your arguments, buttressed with a staggering unwillingness to learn and complete lack of coherency, are so poor that they serve as comparative illustrations in favor of the person arguing against you.  You bring an immense value to those holding opposing positions because you consistently help them make their case far better than they could make on their own.

You're an Abbott.  If you didn't exist on your own, I'd be tempted to invent you.

Anyone ever called you an arrogant blowhard?  Just curious because if you talk like you write it seems like you would have heard that one a lot.  

Want to point out a particular argument that I made so poorly?  Might be helpful so I could look back and try to bring myself up to board standards.

Your arguments aren't nearly as bulletproof as you'd like to believe.  I have pointed out a lot of your flawed statements and you don't seem to appreciate that.  How come?

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Kamala Harris didn’t get a reputation for being vapid and self-unaware for no reason … she’s worked very hard for it.

Kamala Harris...if she's not afraid to raid a person's house on behalf of a donor to steal undercover Planned Parenthood videos, she not afraid of nuthin'.

I look forward to watching this waste of flesh wind up as Macungie Dog Snatcher in a few years.

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

But here's the deal:  I like me and my value system more than I like you and yours, so I'm going to keep mine, defend it with my guns, and tell you to !@#$ right off.

Damn bro....My guess is you just COULD NOT WAIT to crack open the ole PPP guns thread today...I mean where Deranged Rhino lives for Ellen Degeneres Deep State conspiracy theories....guns is your jam...this is the best canvas for your skills...the place to fight for your team, to express your identity.....this must be a great day for you....congratulations and make the best of it!

• Haha (+1) 2

I'd be more than willing  to compromise on gun control if there would be a way to quarantine the lunatics out there.  I wish there was something like the Sims where people had a symbol over their head. Some people shouldn't have guns,  just like some people shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets unsupervised. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'd be more than willing  to compromise on gun control if there would be a way to quarantine the lunatics out there.  I wish there was something like the Sims where people had a symbol over their head. Some people shouldn't have guns,  just like some people shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets unsupervised. 

Some people shouldn't have smartphones and access to Tumblr either

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Please understand this about me. I’m not willing to give up my guns. But I want this to stop. 

Cops are a joke and they’d spend more time in schools harassing children than anything else. 

Give me $40,000 (per) a year to pay a few mentally screened, physically capable vets from combat backgrounds. Put them in charge of school security. 

Cops are cowards. Vets aren’t. Vets will run to the sound of gunfire; cops will find reasons to “wait for swat.” 

Arm our schools with armed vets. There’s nothing grunts can’t do, and vets are all about keeping children safe. 

Damn I read commentary like this and it makes me sad for folks who choose law enforcement as a career. The good news is many seem to be able to get past this nonsense. 

45 minutes ago, baskin said:

Damn bro....My guess is you just COULD NOT WAIT to crack open the ole PPP guns thread today...I mean where Deranged Rhino lives for Ellen Degeneres Deep State conspiracy theories....guns is your jam...this is the best canvas for your skills...the place to fight for your team, to express your identity.....this must be a great day for you....congratulations and make the best of it!

My "jam" is freedom, bro.  That's been infuriating to monarchists like yourself ever since it became a thing.

image.png.a54271e08fa9f67ab2e956722878da54.png

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Damn I read commentary like this and it makes me sad for folks who choose law enforcement as a career. The good news is many seem to be able to get past this nonsense. 

Thank you.  I just skimmed thru the last few pages of this thread and if not for your quote I would have missed The_Dude's epic asshattery

Even if you ignore the fact that most who opt for a career in Law Enforcement are vets, the above is still some epic asshattery

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, baskin said:

TTYT has expressed ideas in this topic that do more for you, your ilk, and children across America than any thought your pea brain has ever come up with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Holy smokes.  I was open to listening to your dialogue until this mess. I don't know if a cop banged your wife or what, but you're painting with a pretty broad brush here. There are good cops and bad vets just like there are good vets and bad cops. Whoever is put in the position to secure the school should be properly vetted obviously, and I'm not sure you're going to get top candidates for 40K a year.

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Anyone ever called you an arrogant blowhard?  Just curious because if you talk like you write it seems like you would have heard that one a lot.  

Want to point out a particular argument that I made so poorly?  Might be helpful so I could look back and try to bring myself up to board standards.

Your arguments aren't nearly as bulletproof as you'd like to believe.  I have pointed out a lot of your flawed statements and you don't seem to appreciate that.  How come?

Bob, it would be absolutely adorable how oblivious you are if you weren't a grown ass man who should know better.

It would far more difficult to find an argument which you haven't made poorly.  I'll tell you what:  because I'm such a good sport, I'll let you pick the argument, and I'll explain to you why it's poor, both structurally and practically.

And, Bob, you've yet to point out any flaws in any of my arguments.  That's not because my arguments are always 100% flawless.  I'm always open to the possibility that I may be wrong, because I don't have enough information, or because someone else's knowledge is more extensive or more complete.  It's the primary reason I post on boards like these:  to have my ideas vetted through argument and conversation.

The reason you haven't pointed out any flaws in my arguments is because you're too closed minded to hear new, better evidence, to stoned comprehend most of the arguments I'm making, and not skilled enough to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

TTYT has expressed ideas in this topic that do more for you, your ilk, and children across America than any thought your pea brain has ever come up with.

Tell em, man. He warned us all of the dangers of constipation. 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Tell em, man. He warned us all of the dangers of constipation. 

This is either funny because you precisely understood the point I was making and are a master of ironic humor, or it's funny because you so wildly missed my point that it's hilarious.  I'm honestly not sure which, but either way I want to thank you for the good laugh.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is either funny because you precisely understood the point I was making and are a master of ironic humor, or it's funny because you so wildly missed my point that it's hilarious.  I'm honestly not sure which, but either way I want to thank you for the good laugh.

Come on, man! Lol 

• Haha (+1) 1