What is better, no guns, or more guns?

It is a hypothetical situation. Just answer the question rather than complaining that you won't like your own answer. What is the best solution to the hypothetical camping scenario?

Also, arming everyone may very well deter crime. I have doubts but let's say that it does,

The problem with arming everyone becomes all of the shooting that will happen just because people have tempers and people get drunk and people want to act tough and relationships go south and etc, etc. Most people would say that I was easy going and would be shocked to hear that I shot someone. Without a doubt there may be a handful of times in my life that I very well could have shot someone had I been armed.

Also, where does it all end when everyone is armed? We'd have to arm the teachers and the bus drivers and we probably better arm the students just in case the bus driver snaps out. And when they develop new and better weapons, well, everyone must have one or they could easily be outgunned, right?

The Army doesn't allow guns in the barracks for that reason.

But the real problem is idiots with guns.

Most of you have been conditioned by TV to believe that when somebody gets shot there's a wound that blood comes out of and you apply pressure to that wound.

Well what really happens is 99.9% of the time the bullet goes through the person...and leaves a massive exit wound.

Billets also travel down the sides of walls.

There's a lot to know about guns and ballistics. That's the real danger...idiots with guns.

What part of law enforcement and military are you having so much trouble with?

None. Your the one that is of the Animal House mentality. Private body guards are not law enforcement or military, you seem to be avoiding that issue.

Scary Gun #1 :ph34r:

ruger-10-22-i-tac-22-lr-w-bx25-mag-new-i

Not Scary Gun #1

1103.jpg

Same Gun, Ruger 10/22

Scary Gun #2 :ph34r: :ph34r:

10SBF.png

Not Scary Gun #2

NA9102_1200x3061.png

Scary Gun#2 is an AR10, which is similiar to an AR15 but chambered in the larger NATO 7.62mm round. Not Scary Gun #2 is the M1A. Also chambered in 7.62, also semi-auto, and also with detachable box magazine

None. Your the one that is of the Animal House mentality. Private body guards are not law enforcement or military, you seem to be avoiding that issue.

Like talking to a brick...If they aren't law enforcement or military, then tough titties. No exceptions.

Scary Gun #1 :ph34r:

ruger-10-22-i-tac-22-lr-w-bx25-mag-new-i

Not Scary Gun #1

1103.jpg

Same Gun, Ruger 10/22

Scary Gun #2 :ph34r: :ph34r:

10SBF.png

Not Scary Gun #2

NA9102_1200x3061.png

Scary Gun#2 is an AR10, which is similiar to an AR15 but chambered in the larger NATO 7.62mm round. Not Scary Gun #2 is the M1A. Also chambered in 7.62, also semi-auto, and also with detachable box magazine

Top ones are .22s, right? No real difference except magazine.

Now your attempting to change the subject. It's none of you damn business.

How many times have you fired in self defense, Greg?

Like talking to a brick...If they aren't law enforcement or military, then tough titties. No exceptions.

So your solution is that the rich and famous (that includes powerful politicians) are going to give up their personal body guards. Nice alternate universe you live in. Let us know when you have something that doesn't involve imaginary worlds.

Top ones are .22s, right? No real difference except magazine.

How many times have you fired in self defense, Greg?

Poor GoBills808 ... can't make an argument so he resorts to misdirection. I don't play that game.

So your solution is that the rich and famous (that includes powerful politicians) are going to give up their personal body guards. Nice alternate universe you live in. Let us know when you have something that doesn't involve imaginary worlds.

Poor GoBills808 ... can't make an argument so he resorts to misdirection. I don't play that game.

Yeah, if you can't see where I'm going with this you might wanna bow out.

Naw bro, I was made rear D commander for that go round.

I had just had a baby and the Army lady doctor said she had a life threatening disease and they rear-D'd me as a result. Turns out my kid was fine and she's 9 now!

It ended up kinda being the thing where I decided to end my Army career. They wouldn't send me to the board because I wasn't deployed, so I said screw you guys, I'm going to USAREC and then going home.

Been out 5 years, got a degree in History (god bless the GI Bill), and I opened up an HVAC company a couple years ago and I'm rolling. Transition was hard at first, but I got my feet under me now.

Sounds like things worked out for you in the long run, congrats.

If you hadn't noticed my sig line, take a quick gander....now that's out of the way

It's a safe bet to call me a Garand fanboy. Sure they're old, heavy, and based off a design that has since been greatly improved upon. But they're still a very capable firearm, make and excellent hunting rifle, and are a great piece of American history.

If you're eligible to own one, I recommend picking one up.

That said, the M1 isn't my first choice in home defense. If something goes bump in the night, I'm reaching for my snubby :P

i wish i was. cuz... 'murika.

It's actually called the Socratic method, but I won't hold that against you. I'm sure it was going to be really tedious anyhow.

i want to start making fun of you but you might really get upset.

you'd be soooo easy to rake over the coals and drive insane.

Do it. My boy Greg needs a breather.

i give many breaths to greg, he pays good.

but it's almost as if you're not worth my time. your totally disillusioned reality reminds me of going out to the bar with a couple of girls a few weeks ago. both professors. one was blonde, about 5'8 and great firm body. the other about 5'3 with thickness. well, i was bored and they kept making out so i asked them about devos. they hated her. but they kept making out, and eventually went outside to fool around and only let me watch. it was awful.

see, i have something to say and i just added more to this thread than you ever will. that's because you truly believe my children would be better under your guidance. do you really want my son lucas playing beside your kids? my son won't take ****, can shoot a .22, knows how to defend himself and won't stand for someone else forcing their beliefs on him. he has been allowed to do what he feels best for him - which is how i raised him. much like my daughter, though she is rebelling she will simply not allow any boys to tell her no or hold her back. when your son (if you have any) tried to be a gentlemen she would push him down and call him a pansy. i've seen her do it.

so, my kids need your schooling? my kids would not do well in your school but they do well in theirs. both go to private school. and i'm guessing your kids wouldn't do well there.

i give many breaths to greg, he pays good.

but it's almost as if you're not worth my time. your totally disillusioned reality reminds me of going out to the bar with a couple of girls a few weeks ago. both professors. one was blonde, about 5'8 and great firm body. the other about 5'3 with thickness. well, i was bored and they kept making out so i asked them about devos. they hated her. but they kept making out, and eventually went outside to fool around and only let me watch. it was awful.

see, i have something to say and i just added more to this thread than you ever will. that's because you truly believe my children would be better under your guidance. do you really want my son lucas playing beside your kids? my son won't take ****, can shoot a .22, knows how to defend himself and won't stand for someone else forcing their beliefs on him. he has been allowed to do what he feels best for him - which is how i raised him. much like my daughter, though she is rebelling she will simply not allow any boys to tell her no or hold her back. when your son (if you have any) tried to be a gentlemen she would push him down and call him a pansy. i've seen her do it.

so, my kids need your schooling? my kids would not do well in your school but they do well in theirs. both go to private school. and i'm guessing your kids wouldn't do well there.

I had an absolutely awful response all queued up but I think I might get banned for it. And you do sound sincere, I can tell this is from the heart. You might be right, bro. Your kids sound great. That's a credit to you and the choices you've made for them, so congrats. I can't hold a parents best wishes for their children against them at all.

Close one.

Do it. My boy Greg needs a breather.

From the ignorant GoBills808 that thought:

Make ammunition for illegal firearms impossible to obtain. Keep tabs on brass and powder for the DIYers.

This ain't rocket science.

GoBills808 didn't know that the same rounds that are used in what he would like to be "illegal firearms" are also in many cases the same rounds that are used in what he would allow as legal firearms. Another solution of his only applicable in some alternate universe. I would suggest that his knowledge of firearms is exceeded by his knowledge of rocket science.