What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Link?

Chicago is making all kinds of headlines. The City shares a border with a state that takes the exact opposite approach than Chicago with regard to firearms. Laws? Everybody breaks them... :-(

Laws are useless when different jurisdictions share close borders. Alcohol, firearms, fireworks... Make all the laws you want, but when it comes to the "fun stuff", the laws will just be broken... As I watch fireworks go off in back of my house (illegal in Illinois, but not 5 miles away in Indiana). What do you think people with guns do? Want to buy booze on Sunday in Indiana? Get the Jack here @ Illinois gas station, return to get the firearm or fireworks.

It's simple clown, make more stringent laws in Illinois. It always works, just think of Capone and crowd.

They basically are "legal"... That's why there is a problem. They flood across jurisdictions. Who's going to stop it?

Big whippty do.

No that's not why there's a problem. If you make guns illegal you think this problem will go away or be diminished at all? Want to venture a guess how many of those shot were shot with legally owned guns?

No that's not why there's a problem. If you make guns illegal you think this problem will go away or be diminished at all? Want to venture a guess how many of those shot were shot with legally owned guns?

Genie is out of the bottle. Streets are flooded with arms. Nothing but to go the wild west route now. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Gun owners. Are you ready to kill to protect your family and or home?

That is what it comes down to.

Criminals don't give a ratsass.

I own 3 guns and will shoot to kill if the need arises

If I can't kill 2 or 3 people with 6 bullets what will dozen more rounds do from an automatic rifle but be sprayed across the room.

If I can't kill 2 or 3 people with 6 bullets what will dozen more rounds do from an automatic rifle but be sprayed across the room.

Inefficient.

One sawed of shotgun will clear the whole room with one trigger pull.

If you're SERIOUS about home defense, that's what you have.

Fathers day in Chicago. Is that a gathering of the candidates :lol:

love this comment, beat me to it

i don't understand the point you're trying to make, please clarify. genuinely interested

you are not that naive are you?

Ok let me try to explain. I don't believe you need a semi automatic rifle spraying bullets all across a room to kill some lowlife home invader.

If you can't get the job done with a few bullets should you really be firing a gun?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

you are not that naive are you?

Ok let me try to explain. I don't believe you need a semi automatic rifle spraying bullets all across a room to kill some lowlife home invader.

If you can't get the job done with a few bullets should you really be firing a gun?

Says the dope who has no idea what it's like to fire a weapon under great stress, in the dark, after waking from a sound sleep in the middle of the night. You're watched far too many movies.