MMQB article...Mike Pettine

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine is a glorified high school coach. He's been along for the ride since day one. He's in way over his head. Browns have been a dumpster fire for years and will continue to be a dumpster fire. Nobody likes a snitch either. Between him shooting his mouth off and Johnny FB and his antics, I hope the Browns go 0-16. They will both be out of football in 2 years.

Someone is bitter over being left

For those here who don't look beyond the top-line stats, I recommend looking at the defensive stats to the right in the team total stats at the top -- plays, yards, and points *per drive*. Then compare the Pettine-led defense with Bills defenses from previous years (go to the top left and click on previous year and/or franchise encyclopedia). The Bills D performed extremely well last year. They were second in the freaking league in yards per drive.

http://www.pro-footb...ms/buf/2013.htm

It's really unbecoming for allegedly knowledgeable Bills fans to jump on Pettine simply because he received a head coaching offer he couldn't turn down.

I have not see anyone do that? Maybe I missed it. We were discussing his assertions in the article. I haven't seen anyone jump on him for getting a HC job?

I don't get where this Pettine hate is coming from suddenly.

Two months ago, people wanted to fire Marrone in order to promote and keep Pettine.

Pettine is going to be really good in Cleveland, IMO. That defense was already talented--he's going to make them elite.

I was only kidding up thread JR...but as someone else mentioned in a post, they say they wanted to keep themselves out of being a media sideshow, and seems like the Browns, Petine, and Johnny football in the limelight all the time now...kinda just the opposite of what they were preaching.

I am a Petine fan, would have like to see him stay here. But i also do not think we are doomed because he is not here. I thnk there is very good talent on the D side , and they always say talent makes great coaches.

I was only kidding up thread JR...but as someone else mentioned in a post, they say they wanted to keep themselves out of being a media sideshow, and seems like the Browns, Petine, and Johnny football in the limelight all the time now...kinda just the opposite of what they were preaching.

I am a Petine fan, would have like to see him stay here. But i also do not think we are doomed because he is not here. I thnk there is very good talent on the D side , and they always say talent makes great coaches.

I agree with you. I think we are going to be fine and even improve on defensive side.

I think I was reacting to whoever said Pettine is just a high school coach.

For those here who don't look beyond the top-line stats, I recommend looking at the defensive stats to the right in the team total stats at the top -- plays, yards, and points *per drive*. Then compare the Pettine-led defense with Bills defenses from previous years (go to the top left and click on previous year and/or franchise encyclopedia). The Bills D performed extremely well last year. They were second in the freaking league in yards per drive.

http://www.pro-footb...ms/buf/2013.htm

It's really unbecoming for allegedly knowledgeable Bills fans to jump on Pettine simply because he received a head coaching offer he couldn't turn down.

I love PFR. They are my number one stat reference for a while now. And I had no idea that our offensive scheme was Air Coryell.

GO BILLS!!!

Note that Belichick didn't actually deny anything -- just tried to deflect things onto Pettine. '"You've got to talk to Mike Pettine," Belichick said. "I don't know."' He didn't say, "that's ridiculous," or "of course not," or even, "I won't dignify that kind of accusation," but he did say, "I don't know." That's a weird thing to say if the answer is actually "no."