MMQB article...Mike Pettine

It sounds more like he was praising his team than knocking the Bills:

“I think it’s happened quicker here because I think it’s a smart group,” Pettine says, comparing the install to last season’s with the Bills. “I’m not saying we were dumb in Buffalo—far from it—but this is a group that I think processes, as a whole, very quickly.”

It certainly does!

So do the people who jumped on him need to stand down with their pitchforks?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds more like he was praising his team than knocking the Bills:

“I think it’s happened quicker here because I think it’s a smart group,” Pettine says, comparing the install to last season’s with the Bills. “I’m not saying we were dumb in Buffalo—far from it—but this is a group that I think processes, as a whole, very quickly.”

i agree. really, any praise he gives his current team people will turn into a knock on buffalo. if he feels that they are picking it up exceptionally quick, that doesnt need to be an insult to us.

i agree. really, any praise he gives his current team people will turn into a knock on buffalo. if he feels that they are picking it up exceptionally quick, that doesnt need to be an insult to us.

I think it is the way he said it - the usage of the word "dumb." Like if a poster said to me... "I'm not saying you are dumb - far from it - but as a poster I process things very quickly." [and you.....don't]

Obviously not a big deal and will get blown out of proportion because he a) compared the two sets of players and b) used the word "dumb"

Edited by YoloinOhio

It certainly does!

So do the people who jumped on him need to stand down with their pitchforks?

he is still getting on my nerves :nana: ...i am done with Mike Petine and Johny Freakin Football, Flying J scams..... and all the Browns for that matter.

Really what did you expect him to say?? :doh:

"Gee I got this job in Cleveland because the Browns are more screwed up- then Buffalo"

or

"Wow we are so screwed.. everyone here is dumb as a box of rocks"

or

"We have no starting QB so we are going to dumb down our offense for Tebow part II (Manzel)"

Classic Pettine. He's learned from Rex well. He's making a bunch of controversial comments to shield his team (mostly Manziel) from the media circus. Where have I seen that before?

Is that a trick question or some sort of Jeopardy thing you're doing there?

I think Pettine is a good coach but I also believe he has found himself in great situations everywhere he has gone. He rode Rex's coat tails for years and then he came here to coach a defense that already had one of the best D-lines in the whole league. He's a good coach, but good enough to make the jump to head coach that quickly? I don't know. Lucky for him he has a good offensive coordinator with him in Cleveland and he already has a solid D. After being so quick to fire the last 2 coaches, I think the Cleveland job will be his for the next 2-3 years at least and if Johnny Football ends up being any good then Cleveland might turn things around pretty quickly. He's made some smart career choices, good for him

I wish we could claim that they had our playbook all these years.

what ! They dint ? This whole time we just sucked ?

yea right.

they have had every AFC east Teams playbook the weekly one too.

They got this demon from all those seances with Stephen King and playing with ouji boards in the late seventies when they were sucky .

ps is just pot stirring for amusement i bet