MMQB article...Mike Pettine

...I don’t put a lot of graduate-level information in it,” Pettine says. “We know in places like New England, it’s only a matter of time that they somehow mysteriously end up with our playbook....The MMQB@theMMQB 10m

The Accidental Coach of the Cleveland Browns: @GregABedard delves into the intriguing mind of Mike Pettine: http://wp.me/p3Dw81-6mb

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he also said Cleveland players smarter than Buffalo players ....fug him and the horse he rode in on.

Guy is starting to get on my nerves....we may get less sacks this year...but I am confident we will also allow less points, and that's all I really care about.

Edited by plenzmd1

Seems like he also said Cleveland players smarter than Buffalo players ....fug him and the horse he rode in on.

Guy is starting to get on my nerves....we may get less sacks this year...but I am confident we will also allow less points, and that's all I really care about.

Interesting - just read that. IMO Those lesser intelligent players in Buffalo are more talented than he has in Cleveland - on the DL especially - and had a lot to do with getting him that job.

Man - he threw Rex under the bus too with the playbook thing.

Oh and nice...

"The Browns will also run their offense with a variety of tempos, because Pettine knows firsthand that doing so gives defensive coordinators more trouble than always running up-tempo, like the Eagles and Bills."

Edited by YoloinOhio

ROFLMAO

From hero to horse so soon?

Should have kept him and booted Meathead Marrone.

Excellent post! You brought a lot of insight here. Thanks! :)

And I wish he stole Cleveland's playbook to stop Branden "freakin'" Weeden from torching us.

in fairness to him, he was probably thinking about leodis when he made that comment.

Leodis was awesome last year and helped him get a head coaching job.

Good stuff. I hope Marrone and company take that into consideration, the change of tempo comment. I think Pettine will make Cleveland a tough play, despite the uncertainty at QB and other questions on O.

Excellent post! You brought a lot of insight here. Thanks! :)

And I wish he stole Cleveland's playbook to stop Branden "freakin'" Weeden from torching us.

Leodis was awesome last year and helped him get a head coaching job.

If by torching, you mean less than 200 yards passing, then yes, I suppose he torched us.

I feel old...I clicked on the link in OP's post, and I got a headache looking at that...so Peter King doesn't write articles any more either? :cry:

He does still write articles, but his MMQB column on SI.com spun off to its own microsite of MMQB.com and he has a whole staff of contributors now including other NFL writers and NFL players. He does still do the weekly MMQB column but in the offseason I am not sure he does it every single week.

lmao -

Dustin Fox@DustinFox37 5m

Elaborate? RT @emesola: Mike Pettine really is the ultimate snitch

He does still write articles, but his MMQB column on SI.com spun off to its own microsite of MMQB.com and he has a whole staff of contributors now including other NFL writers and NFL players. He does still do the weekly MMQB column but in the offseason I am not sure he does it every single week.

lmao -

Dustin Fox@DustinFox37 5m

Elaborate? RT @emesola: Mike Pettine really is the ultimate snitch

A few others:

Erika Esola @emesola · 4m

Re: Pettine: You never want a coach who runs to the media during a locker room breakdown with sensitive info. He did exactly that with NYJ.

Divulges way too much info to the media. RT @ClevStrikesBack: What does this mean? RT @emesola: Mike Pettine really is the ultimate snitch

which, admittedly, was a rumor when leaving NYJ - that he was one of the "leaks" that was causing trouble

Edited by NoSaint

It sounds more like he was praising his team than knocking the Bills:

“I think it’s happened quicker here because I think it’s a smart group,” Pettine says, comparing the install to last season’s with the Bills. “I’m not saying we were dumb in Buffalo—far from it—but this is a group that I think processes, as a whole, very quickly.”