Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Kaine is a complete unknown to me.

As a resident of of Virginia, Tim Kaine is well known to me.

As I mentioned in the thread after being named Hiliary's running mate, during his term as Governor, I came to refer to him as Governor Douche.

During his term as Senator, I have come to refer to him as Senator Douche. I suspect I will end up referring to him as Vice President Douche.

And considering the revelations about Hiliary's health, I may end up referring to him as President Douche

Hillary Clinton Attorney Admits They Didn't Turn Over Key E-Mails

Screen-Shot-2016-10-11-at-7.41.41-PM.png Click on to enlarge

and is that the thumb drive that went ‘missing’? Maybe someone should look in David Kendall’s desk?

Edited by B-Man

Hillary Clinton Attorney Admits They Didn't Turn Over Key E-Mails

Screen-Shot-2016-10-11-at-7.41.41-PM.png Click on to enlarge

and is that the thumb drive that went ‘missing’? Maybe someone should look in David Kendall’s desk? [/size]

It is in the box between the Rose Law Firm records and the Ark of the Covenant.

I think Clinton will be 1 term unless she surprises everyone and does ok and her health recovers.

Health issues aside, because if real those could easily make her a one-and-done Queen President, who is left untouched by Trump's taint in the GOP that could mount a serious run against her? Let's assume the GOP survives as a party, which is up in the air, I think Paul Ryan might be the only one who could mount a challenge, and he's far from a sure thing in terms of being elected.

Cruz, Rubio, Christie and the usual gang of unelectables have no chance in 2020, nor does Pence.

I don't see where there is a legit candidate who could be ready to topple HRC in less than 4 years.

Health issues aside, because if real those could easily make her a one-and-done Queen President, who is left untouched by Trump's taint in the GOP that could mount a serious run against her? Let's assume the GOP survives as a party, which is up in the air, I think Paul Ryan might be the only one who could mount a challenge, and he's far from a sure thing in terms of being elected.

Cruz, Rubio, Christie and the usual gang of unelectables have no chance in 2020, nor does Pence.

I don't see where there is a legit candidate who could be ready to topple HRC in less than 4 years.

You said "Trump's taint" :lol:

The Trump Taint will be greatly diminished if he loses the election, affording the GOP the chance to completely rebrand itself.

If he wins, that's where the real damage is done.

The Trump Taint will be greatly diminished if he loses the election, affording the GOP the chance to completely rebrand itself.

If he wins, that's where the real damage is done.

You could be right on that, we'll see in a few weeks.

But I'm not certain a loss removes the damage as cleanly as you're assuming. Cruz and Rubio -- the two most likely 2020 GOP front runners not named Paul Ryan -- made themselves unelectable with how they got handled by Trump. They won't recover in time to make a serious 2020 run (both will try, both will fail again).

Who does that leave on the GOP bench to run besides Mitt and Ryan -- both of whom have their own obstacles when it comes to beating HRC?

You could be right on that, we'll see in a few weeks.

But I'm not certain a loss removes the damage as cleanly as you're assuming. Cruz and Rubio -- the two most likely 2020 GOP front runners not named Paul Ryan -- made themselves unelectable with how they got handled by Trump. They won't recover in time to make a serious 2020 run (both will try, both will fail again).

Who does that leave on the GOP bench to run besides Mitt and Ryan -- both of whom have their own obstacles when it comes to beating HRC?

The GOP has a very deep bench.

Mind educating me on it? At least guys or gals who would be ready to mount a serious run in less than 4 years?

Off the top of my head?

Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Tim Scott, Rand Paul, Mitch Daniels, Greg Abbott, Scott Walker, Tom Cotton, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Charlie Baker, John Kasich, Condi Rice...

And that's just off the top of my head.

Edit: derp... Rubio and Ryan.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Off the top of my head?

Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Tim Scott, Rand Paul, Mitch Daniels, Greg Abbott, Scott Walker, Tom Cotton, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Charlie Baker, John Kasich, Condi Rice...

Of those though, Rubio, Paul, Pence, Walker, Romney, Cruz, Kasich are unelectable for various reasons (some Trump related, others $ related, others just provoke anathema to the majority of the public) imo. Rice probably is unelectable as well due to her involvement in W's administration, though she'd be an interesting choice.

Ryan, Romney are viable (though I'd argue Romney isn't as viable as he was in 2012) -- I'll look into the others, I know a little about Cotton and Haley but not much about Daniels or Baker. Thanks. :beer:

If memory serves, it was Christie that knocked Rubio out of contention by pointing out how frequently he would repeat himself. Rubio responded by repeating himself.

Of those though, Rubio, Paul, Pence, Walker, Romney, Cruz, Kasich are unelectable for various reasons (some Trump related, others $ related, others just provoke anathema to the majority of the public) imo. Rice probably is unelectable as well due to her involvement in W's administration, though she'd be an interesting choice.

Ryan, Romney are viable (though I'd argue Romney isn't as viable as he was in 2012) -- I'll look into the others, I know a little about Cotton and Haley but not much about Daniels or Baker. Thanks. :beer:

Romney's never running for office again. Too old, has a fantastic lifestyle, doesn't need to be dragged through the mud and his wife's health not the best.

Carly, I believe had she been the nominee would have buried Hillary and been a great Pres.

Off the top of my head?

I don't think Condi's at all interested anymore (which is a shame, as I think she'd make a good president). And Pence is too associated with Trump.

I don't think Condi's at all interested anymore (which is a shame, as I think she'd make a good president). And Pence is too associated with Trump.

I think Condi could be recruited, given the state of the world; and I don't disagree with you about Pence today, but a lot can change in four years.

JAKE TAPPER ON DONNA BRAZILE FORWARDING DEBATE QUESTION TO HILLARY: ‘UNETHICAL,’ ‘VERY TROUBLING,’ ‘JOURNALISTICALLY HORRIFYING:’

It’s a very, very troubling… look, I have tremendous regard for Donna Brazile. She’s a good person and a nice person and I like her a lot but whatever took place here… and I know I had nothing to do with it… and I know
CNN,
we were so closely guarding our documents… they weren’t emailed around.

….

My understanding is the email to Donna came from either Roland Martin or someone around
Roland Martin.

The same Roland Martin who used to be Rev. Wright’s man at CNN? Inconceivable!

The same CNN that’s become notorious for its many plants at debates and town halls? Equally inconceivable!

The very notion of Hillary being fed questions before a major TV appearance? Absolutely inconceivable!

iowahawk_hillary_tweet_7-31-15-1.jpg

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/246291/

JAKE TAPPER ON DONNA BRAZILE FORWARDING DEBATE QUESTION TO HILLARY: UNETHICAL, VERY TROUBLING, JOURNALISTICALLY HORRIFYING:

Its a very, very troubling look, I have tremendous regard for Donna Brazile. Shes a good person and a nice person and I like her a lot but whatever took place here and I know I had nothing to do with it and I know CNN, we were so closely guarding our documents they werent emailed around.

My understanding is the email to Donna came from either Roland Martin or someone around Roland Martin.

Nice this come from the opposing machine to sexual bs Trump is facing... tis the silly season checked in for a sec... back to hockey football way too political more concerned about Jacks ankle then Hillary's email or Trump's fingering.

rl]

Edited by North Buffalo

Is it time to start predicting who will be in Clinton's cabinet and staff? Should be a roster of very familiar names.

We already know that the independently successful woman unironically plans to rely on her husband to run the economy.

And Trump probably gets a mid-level ambassadorship for all his help getting her elected.

JAKE TAPPER ON DONNA BRAZILE FORWARDING DEBATE QUESTION TO HILLARY: ‘UNETHICAL,’ ‘VERY TROUBLING,’ ‘JOURNALISTICALLY HORRIFYING:’

The same Roland Martin who used to be Rev. Wright’s man at CNN? Inconceivable!

It’s a very, very troubling… look, I have tremendous regard for Donna Brazile. She’s a good person and a nice person and I like her a lot but whatever took place here… and I know I had nothing to do with it… and I know CNN, we were so closely guarding our documents… they weren’t emailed around.

….

My understanding is the email to Donna came from either Roland Martin or someone around Roland Martin.

The same CNN that’s become notorious for its many plants at debates and town halls? Equally inconceivable!

The very notion of Hillary being fed questions before a major TV appearance? Absolutely inconceivable!

iowahawk_hillary_tweet_7-31-15-1.jpg

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/246291/

Forwarding Sunday pundit show questions, I couldn't care less.

Forwarding debate questions...you have got to be kidding me. :doh:

Off the top of my head?

Hillary is a very weak Democratic candidate, I assume she will have low favorability ratings in the second half of her first term.

There are a number of candidates who could be competitive against her.

Rubio, Mitch Daniels who I happen to believe could be a fantastic president, Condi Rice, Scott Walker even though he did real poorly this last time around, Ryan who is another guy that I think on a substantive level would be a good president his problem now is that he is the head of the house which I believe was a bad political move, Kasich, Mike Pence I believe has proven himself to be a very steady candidate has a good track record in Indiana was a respected member of the house and has that Midwestern appeal.

I'm sure there will be a few other people who will emerge and of course if Cruz regains his appeal with the base he'll be a force to reckon with even though I don't believe he is a good general election candidate.

The best bets to have a shot at winning the primary and then the presidency would probably be Rubio, Mitch Daniels, Walker and Pence. We'll see, like I said most likely someone else will emerge and catch fire. Hopefully it's not some celebrity populist nutjob.

I'll say this, seeing the way she is able to communicate on the stump, her soaring popularity within the Democratic party, if she decided to run for the senate in Illinois she'd easily win. And you know what? She'd be a leading contender to become a top tiered presidential candidate shortly afterwards.

Edited by Magox

Probably be Trump again.

Trump never started for the Bills and I doubt Pegula would sell.

My question is when will the steatopygic first lady declare for public office? Better yet, will she win the ambassadorship lottery in Hill'ry's administration?

Being an ambassador was bad enough when she was SoS. Forget it if she is Prez.

Every time the Clinton campaign hits a rough patch — the Clinton Foundation disclosures, the State Department e-mail scandals, Hillary’s health crisis, the “deplorables” smear, the WikiLeaks releases — it lets off an IED, from the staged theatrics of the Khans and the Venezuela beauty queen to the Access Hollywood tape and the groper accusations.
Clinton, Inc. assumes, so far consistently correctly, that the toady media will obsess with Trump’s frothing and screaming about being hit. That defense will eat up about three to four days of the campaign calendar, and likely cost him a three- to four-point dip in the polls. After the IED goes off, a wounded Trump recalibrates and inches up more slowly than after the last explosion — only to step on another land mine and blow himself up all over again.
Clinton’s greatest fear — the logical conclusion from the WikiLeaks trove thus far — is that the campaign will hinge on the dismal economy, record debt, a war against police, Islamic terrorism, newly emboldened enemies abroad, illegal immigration, the Obamacare disaster, and her past ineptitude in office. With less than a month left, her campaign is now reduced to the easy enough gift narrative of Trump as pervert and creep, followed by three to four days of furious Trump denials — and then on to the next exploding land mine.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Free the FBI 100!
by Roger L. Simon

Original Article

Every time the Clinton campaign hits a rough patch — the Clinton Foundation disclosures, the State Department e-mail scandals, Hillary’s health crisis, the “deplorables” smear, the WikiLeaks releases — it lets off an IED, from the staged theatrics of the Khans and the Venezuela beauty queen to the Access Hollywood tape and the groper accusations.
Clinton, Inc. assumes, so far consistently correctly, that the toady media will obsess with Trump’s frothing and screaming about being hit. That defense will eat up about three to four days of the campaign calendar, and likely cost him a three- to four-point dip in the polls. After the IED goes off, a wounded Trump recalibrates and inches up more slowly than after the last explosion — only to step on another land mine and blow himself up all over again.
Clinton’s greatest fear — the logical conclusion from the WikiLeaks trove thus far — is that the campaign will hinge on the dismal economy, record debt, a war against police, Islamic terrorism, newly emboldened enemies abroad, illegal immigration, the Obamacare disaster, and her past ineptitude in office. With less than a month left, her campaign is now reduced to the easy enough gift narrative of Trump as pervert and creep, followed by three to four days of furious Trump denials — and then on to the next exploding land mine.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Free the FBI 100!

by Roger L. Simon

Original Article

This surprises you?

The 2020 GOP candidate isn't around yet. All of those names don't stand a chance. The theory that the GOP will magically go back to establishment politics is wishful thinking. If the HRC economy makes the Obama economy look dynamic, that GOP candidate will be from business again, not politics. If HRC gets the United States into foreign affairs that make the Bush administration look competent, it'll be a person with military or foreign affairs experience.

I think both Trump and Clinton are one term presidents. I don't think either of them will opt to run for a second term.

LEAKED SPEECHES: Hillary Told Room Of Businessmen That More Food Stamps Will Fix The Economy.

Podesta and the Clinton camp’s unwitting compliment to Catholicism.

I remember the dark ages of America, when a person running for the White House would tell voters, “I am wholly opposed to the state being used by any religious group, Catholic or Protestant, to compel, prohibit, or persecute the free exercise of any other religion.”

Sounds like a pretty reactionary, Rethuglican sort of brute. Good thing we’ve evolved beyond that sort of backwards thinking.

Edited by B-Man

With less than four weeks to go before Election Day, Hillary Clinton seems to be thinking she can disappear and voters won't notice.

Coming off the heels of two private fundraisers in California on Thursday, Clinton doesn't have any public events scheduled between today and the final presidential debate on October 19.

That's five days.

Neither leading Clinton schedule tracking website — HillarySpeeches.com and WillHillaryWin.com — list a single event for her, as of Friday morning.

It may change, of course, but it certainly is different than any other presidential campaign in the last month.