Sign: Josh* F'reeman!!!!!!!!!&

boyst

Don't we want the best 53 out there? The kid is 25 and has 61 games under his belt, and holds a bunch of franchise records for the Bucs. Tuel and Lewis have what? If the FO really means what it says that we're trying to get deeper and more competitive at every position, then why not pick him up? It's only been one season but EJ got hurt a lot. Freeman brings a similar skill set and lots of in game experience. Last year we almost traded for him, and then tried to sign him when he was released. He's available now, bring him in for a look.

Now what do Tuel and Lewis offer that's so superior we shouldn't even consider it? A year in the system? And...?

Are you going to bring in every stray? Did you see the comment by Thad Lewis about no longer playing catch up?

Be grateful that Josh Freeman chose the Vikings over the Bills last season. Because the Bills did want to sign him back then.

The Buc's cut him and lost 6 mill in the process. The Vikings went after him then paid him 2 mill to watch him do the very same things that got him canned in Tampa, late to meetings, didn't know the offense, didn't care to learn the offense.

The Giants had him on a short leash, and he showed he wasn't better then Curtis Painter / Ryan Nassib. In OTA drills Freeman lined up the offense incorrectly, and the play was never run. The Giants then pulled him off the field, and subbed in a different QB. Then they cut him.

Why even waste the time on a bum who doesn't care?

With whom exactly?

Freeman was beyond terrible last year, for two different teams. Christian Ponder is better than Freeman. So is Curtis Painter. Put that in perspective

Freeman was bad last year in Tampa under OC, Mike Sullivan. It was the wrong scheme for this team. Sullivan was a Giants guy who relies on a dominant offensive line, and move the ball in big chunks with deep passes. The previous OC was Greg Olsen. He is now at the Raiders, with more of a West Coast offensive. Freeman was very successful in this system with low turnovers, and a decent TD / INT percentages.

The one game for the Vikings is not fair to him. He was there less than 10 days, and put in far too early and Frasier should be blamed for that one as he was desperate to save his job. I'm not an apologist for Freeman, but I live here in Tampa and watched some promising talent in Freeman. Now on the opposite side Schiano rode Freeman like a donkey, and his head was rattled. I don't know if he can gain his confidence back after losing it. It's too bad as he is without a doubt better than Tuel, and still young. I like Thad so I would love to bring Freeman in at the minimum. If he gets his head on straight, and has half a season to develop, could be very effective in Hackett's scheme. That would be a nice stable of QB's, and Marrone has nothing to worry about placing Tuel on the PS. Trust me Doug, after watching Tuel in the KC game and others, how he single handedly lost that game, no one is picking him up. It's too bad as I believe Hackett called a perfect game, but he wouldn't control the crappy game Tuel played.

Bottom line is pick him up.

Bucs- Vikings- Giants starting to aquire quite the hat collection and only 26 --

with a "PRO BOWL" on the resume so does Vince Young

I don't think anyone is in a hurry to grab him, when the Giants a well respected front office kick you out in May ?? after just signing you it sends out some bad signals.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Freeman was bad last year in Tampa under OC, Mike Sullivan. It was the wrong scheme for this team. Sullivan was a Giants guy who relies on a dominant offensive line, and move the ball in big chunks with deep passes. The previous OC was Greg Olsen. He is now at the Raiders, with more of a West Coast offensive. Freeman was very successful in this system with low turnovers, and a decent TD / INT percentages.

The one game for the Vikings is not fair to him. He was there less than 10 days, and put in far too early and Frasier should be blamed for that one as he was desperate to save his job. I'm not an apologist for Freeman, but I live here in Tampa and watched some promising talent in Freeman. Now on the opposite side Schiano rode Freeman like a donkey, and his head was rattled. I don't know if he can gain his confidence back after losing it. It's too bad as he is without a doubt better than Tuel, and still young. I like Thad so I would love to bring Freeman in at the minimum. If he gets his head on straight, and has half a season to develop, could be very effective in Hackett's scheme. That would be a nice stable of QB's, and Marrone has nothing to worry about placing Tuel on the PS. Trust me Doug, after watching Tuel in the KC game and others, how he single handedly lost that game, no one is picking him up. It's too bad as I believe Hackett called a perfect game, but he wouldn't control the crappy game Tuel played.

Bottom line is pick him up.

He can't run any offense. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/31/difficulty-picking-up-the-offense-continues-to-plague-josh-freeman/

Dude simply doesn't have the work ethic. He's got his money and he's done

I'm with ya JBoyst. I say sign him. Could probably be had for cheap at this point. And there's no doubt he's better than Tuel.

This guy has been making first rounder money for 5 years or so. He won't be coming anywhere for cheap.

He can't run any offense. http://profootballta...e-josh-freeman/

Dude simply doesn't have the work ethic. He's got his money and he's done

In essence, if we sign him now, he won't be able to help the team this year. It would take at least 6 months for him to pick up the offense that Tuel and Thad already know, don't get me wrong, sign him just in case EJ doesn't work out and you need a guy for 2015, but don't expect for him to come in and be real a real competition for EJ or Lewis.

Edited by Fixxxer

I don't understand this kid at all. He was a typical young quarterback in Tampa he won a couple of 4th quarter games and I saw the progression from year 1 to year 2, he went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

However, when Greg Schiano got to Tampa this kid was totally turned upside down and he could do nothing right,and he got released by Tampa. He signed with the Vikings,and later released.

Now he's been cut by the Giants.

3 strikes and your out !

P.S. Could he be better than our 3rd QB Jeff Tuel?

What you omit is that Freeman regressed in year 3, which was still under Raheem Morris. Freeman had 4+ seasons of starting in the league and was good for exactly 1 of them. Year 2 was the anomaly for him. He wasnt good in year under Morris, and was bad under Schiano.

What you omit is that Freeman regressed in year 3, which was still under Raheem Morris. Freeman had 4+ seasons of starting in the league and was good for exactly 1 of them. Year 2 was the anomaly for him. He wasnt good in year under Morris, and was bad under Schiano.

Exactly. He has been a bad QB that has a documented history of not understanding offenses.

Even Fitz and JP put together decent seasons. Everyone at this level has talent, but unless they are able to make the people around them better, you can't play QB at this level.

TBD rule of talent:

Anyone you've heard of from a another team has to be better than anyone on the Bills roster.

So true.

But dude, he's *definitely*, *way better* than our guys! It's a fact - it's on the Internet...

Be grateful that Josh Freeman chose the Vikings over the Bills last season. Because the Bills did want to sign him back then.

The Buc's cut him and lost 6 mill in the process. The Vikings went after him then paid him 2 mill to watch him do the very same things that got him canned in Tampa, late to meetings, didn't know the offense, didn't care to learn the offense.

The Giants had him on a short leash, and he showed he wasn't better then Curtis Painter / Ryan Nassib. In OTA drills Freeman lined up the offense incorrectly, and the play was never run. The Giants then pulled him off the field, and subbed in a different QB. Then they cut him.

This.

I thought he was going to be great for the Vikings and thought Tampa's messed up staff screwed up on releasing him. He did well in Tampa. Then I saw him state "He wasn't in a hurry to compete for the starting job in Minnesota" or something similar. You can say maybe he didn't want to offend Ponder and Cassel, but the guy has no drive. He really just doesn't care. Something is up with him. No thank you.

The Giants cut Josh Freeman. He is a QB. This requires a thread.

Git'r done?

edited for Metzelaars_Lives

Let me get this straight we have a rookie QB or now a 2 yr QB in Tuel that started 1 game in the NFL & most all the fans here were & are ready to throw him in the junk heap because of ONE bad start .

but you want to get a guy on the roster that has in many more than one game proved he isn't NFL worthy , & has proven it on multiple teams & now has been cut by a 3rd team but he is worthy of bringing I'm to the Bills :wacko: UMM OK ???

Let me get this straight we have a rookie QB or now a 2 yr QB in Tuel that started 1 game in the NFL & most all the fans here were & are ready to throw him in the junk heap because of ONE bad start .

but you want to get a guy on the roster that has in many more than one game proved he isn't NFL worthy , & has proven it on multiple teams & now has been cut by a 3rd team but he is worthy of bringing I'm to the Bills :wacko: UMM OK ???

i didn't say i wanted him. i have tj graham, he's all a man could ever want.

Most rationale post in this entire threads. I would only add: he could not beat out Curtis Painter. Yes, the architect of the Colts 1/15 season, perhaps the worst QB ever in the NFL, that Curtis Painter. Please.

I've heard rumors that his career has been derailed by some significant drug issues (cocaine). If true, it would explain a lot.

This was a rumor here in town. It's not true as he's been drug tested a ton by the NFL. Now, there are also some rumors here in Tampa, he had some mental health issues. He was rattled by Schiano's staff. I don't think he's our next starter, but rather could be worth a tryout to see if he can make the third spot on the roster. I like Thad and want him to be our #2. He earned that last year splitting games with almost no time to prepare.

For one of the previous posts, Freeman had two good seasons. Not from a winning perspective, but in his TD to INT ratio. He was just on a bad team.

This was a rumor here in town. It's not true as he's been drug tested a ton by the NFL. Now, there are also some rumors here in Tampa, he had some mental health issues. He was rattled by Schiano's staff. I don't think he's our next starter, but rather could be worth a tryout to see if he can make the third spot on the roster. I like Thad and want him to be our #2. He earned that last year splitting games with almost no time to prepare.

For one of the previous posts, Freeman had two good seasons. Not from a winning perspective, but in his TD to INT ratio. He was just on a bad team.

I don't know if the cocaine rumors are true or not, but players not under "reasonable cause" don't get tested all that often and most have a good idea of when those tests will occur. Add in ways to beat the tests and cocaine's rapid processing by the body and it's certainly plausible. (Marijuana is fat soluble and can lead to low level positive tests even after someone stops using it. Cocaine is not and clears the body completely in about 3 days.)

I didn't really want to bring up the other big rumor about him - that he is gay - but that can be a factor with some teams, even if it shouldn't be.

There has to be a reason for his substantial drop off in play and so many teams giving up on him so quickly. Be it due to drugs or whatever he looks like a formerly promising QB, not a currently promising QB. Substance abuse issues would make him a player you don't want in the locker room either.

Lastly, if this FO wanted a QB to push EJ they'd have drafted one. They pretty clearly are all-in on Manuel - to a reckless extent IMO. They don't want a controversy or even an inkling of doubt about who the QB is so they sure aren't bringing in a "name" QB. Particularly one that would create a controversy without a likely big upside. That would be a bad bet. They stacked the team as best they could for EJ and now they are going to reap the rewards or penalties for that.

Lastly, if this FO wanted a QB to push EJ they'd have drafted one. They pretty clearly are all-in on Manuel - to a reckless extent IMO. They don't want a controversy or even an inkling of doubt about who the QB is so they sure aren't bringing in a "name" QB. Particularly one that would create a controversy without a likely big upside. That would be a bad bet. They stacked the team as best they could for EJ and now they are going to reap the rewards or penalties for that.

Sorry but this is bull. The Bills were pursuing Vick to be the backup. He is certainly a name

Name QB's don't come to places that they are resigned to being a backup, they are the ultimate competitors and want a shot to play. Who is going to do that? Seriously who was available the year and last year we could have grabbed?

Sorry but this is bull. The Bills were pursuing Vick to be the backup. He is certainly a name

Name QB's don't come to places that they are resigned to being a backup, they are the ultimate competitors and want a shot to play. Who is going to do that? Seriously who was available the year and last year we could have grabbed?

I've seen nothing but speculation regarding the Bills being interested in Vick. Certainly nothing concrete. Rumors are often floated by agents to generate interest in their clients. I never bought it and I have seen nothing to change my mind.

There are "name" players (those with recognizable names) and quality players. There is a lot of overlap, but some players only fit one category. In Freeman's case we have a player who was a high draft choice and who had a promising start to his career, but has been terrible of late. He's a name only. Bringing in such a player would result in undesired controversy without much chance of upside. How you can claim that that name player wouldn't be coming here as a back up is beyond me. Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen fit the same category although Young has a bigger name. Getting a name QB would have been easy. Getting a quality one, less so.

Vick would have made more sense in that he might have something left in the tank. One reason I don't think he was interested in Buffalo wast hat he was not going to be in an open competition for the starting job. Buffalo was going to have to overpay for Vick or any other quality QB if they wanted one to come here without an opportunity to win a starting spot. Or they needed to draft someone who could become one. They didn't do either so we know what their plan is - whether or not we should like it.

Some people think finding a QB is like dropping quarters into a slot machine and hitting the jackpot.

True. But some of us understand how difficult it is to find quality QB play and are much more concerned with the lack of effort in that department than even the lack of results. The Bills FO signed UDFA Kenny Guiton. That was the extent they improved the position. They also traded away their first round pick next season so that won't be used for a QB if EJ doesn't work out. And if he doesn't work out, it'll almost certainly be a high pick. That's a lot of risk. So who is comfortable putting so much on EJ? I'm not. I haven't given up on him by any stretch, but I'm not betting the farm on him either. Even if he plays well and gets injured, then what? Anyone confident in Tuel? I'm not at all. Not even as a second string QB.

Guys, he could have a cocaine problem, but not for sure. He's not gay unless he is a bi-sexual as i know three girls he has hit on, and one that dated him briefly.

If he really has mental health issues, then I understand why no one wants to take a flier on him. It's too bad as he had promise when he was here in Tampa.

True. But some of us understand how difficult it is to find quality QB play and are much more concerned with the lack of effort in that department than even the lack of results. The Bills FO signed UDFA Kenny Guiton. That was the extent they improved the position. They also traded away their first round pick next season so that won't be used for a QB if EJ doesn't work out. And if he doesn't work out, it'll almost certainly be a high pick. That's a lot of risk. So who is comfortable putting so much on EJ? I'm not. I haven't given up on him by any stretch, but I'm not betting the farm on him either. Even if he plays well and gets injured, then what? Anyone confident in Tuel? I'm not at all. Not even as a second string QB.

They didn't sign him, they brought him in for a "try-out" (ie to throw 3000 passes in rookie camp because none of their other QBs were eligible). They weren't going to use a draft pick on one unless they had one valued over another player where they were drafting. I think they are going to give EJ three years anyway. If they really want a QB next year, they can take one in the 2nd or trade up again. I personally didn't want yet another rookie added to the mix anyway. All 3 QBs on our roster know the offense, have real starting experience, and IMO are more valuable to this team than a kid right out of college who would have late-round to UDFA talent. I would like to have a vet QB rather than Tuel, but none were available in FA that I remember who didn't want to be starters. The Bills have already indicated there wouldn't be a QB comp, Vick and McCown both went places where there would be. If someone gets cut in TC it is an option, but again would need to pick up the offense well enough to beat out Tuel for the 3rd spot. I love Kenny G and thought if he shined in rookie camp he might get a deal and then could potentially beat out Tuel in TC, but that didn't happen so anyone they get from here on out is going to be late to the party.

They didn't sign him, they brought him in for a "try-out" (ie to throw 3000 passes in rookie camp because none of their other QBs were eligible). They weren't going to use a draft pick on one unless they had one valued over another player where they were drafting. I think they are going to give EJ three years anyway. If they really want a QB next year, they can take one in the 2nd or trade up again. I personally didn't want yet another rookie added to the mix anyway. All 3 QBs on our roster know the offense, have real starting experience, and IMO are more valuable to this team than a kid right out of college who would have late-round to UDFA talent. I would like to have a vet QB rather than Tuel, but none were available in FA that I remember who didn't want to be starters. The Bills have already indicated there wouldn't be a QB comp, Vick and McCown both went places where there would be. If someone gets cut in TC it is an option, but again would need to pick up the offense well enough to beat out Tuel for the 3rd spot. I love Kenny G and thought if he shined in rookie camp he might get a deal and then could potentially beat out Tuel in TC, but that didn't happen so anyone they get from here on out is going to be late to the party.

after reading these posts i must say this one is fair and balanced.

Two things.

Freeman is a blow nut who will get picked up for cheap by a team decimated by injury. and it wont be the bills

B) Thad is better than you naysaers think . so Tuel would be the only guy to upgrade this season. Next year ? lets see what the season brings first. But ej doesnt shine it up expect a early draft pick and a vet. and maybe a new coaching staff :wallbash: