Sign: Josh* F'reeman!!!!!!!!!&

boyst

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He has proven to 3 teams that he was not the answer. Too bad. He is a likable young man.

We're not looking for an "answer". We need a player that can go .500 if EJ gets hurt. Some feel he's a better option for that job than Tuel, Lewis, or Dixon, it's hard to say for sure that he's not.

We're not looking for an "answer". We need a player that can go .500 if EJ gets hurt. Some feel he's a better option for that job than Tuel, Lewis, or Dixon, it's hard to say for sure that he's not.

I would be very surprised if the Bills brought him in unless there was an injury. Yes, I just found some wood to knock on. No, it wasn't my own head.

I absolutely think he would be worth bringing in and seeing what he can do in training camp.

He is definitely a better QB than Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel, there is a reason they were drafted (or not) where they were. Not to mention, his skill set is much closer to EJ's than Tuel's is, at this point. I also believe he could win games if need be, especially with the weapons at his disposal that the Bills have on that team. I am much more comfortable with him, than Lewis and/or Tuel...and he wouldn't cost much, at all, by this point in time.

With all that said...I highly doubt it happens, they don't seem to feel like they need to upgrade their backup QB, which is scary.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Jeff Tuel's ceiling maybe a bad 2nd string QB but more likely it's a 3rd string QB/practice squad guy. Thad is better than Tuel but I don't know why the Bills didn't consider upgrading the backup QB position.

With whom exactly?

Freeman was beyond terrible last year, for two different teams. Christian Ponder is better than Freeman. So is Curtis Painter. Put that in perspective

TBD rule of talent:

Anyone you've heard of from a another team has to be better than anyone on the Bills roster.

Don't we want the best 53 out there? The kid is 25 and has 61 games under his belt, and holds a bunch of franchise records for the Bucs. Tuel and Lewis have what? If the FO really means what it says that we're trying to get deeper and more competitive at every position, then why not pick him up? It's only been one season but EJ got hurt a lot. Freeman brings a similar skill set and lots of in game experience. Last year we almost traded for him, and then tried to sign him when he was released. He's available now, bring him in for a look.

Now what do Tuel and Lewis offer that's so superior we shouldn't even consider it? A year in the system? And...?