Jim Kelly Update Thread: Biopsies Negative, Cancer Free!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he looked great on that live NFL Network interview a few minutes ago. Maybe my imagination, but I liked how he kept his back turned away from Irvin after MI brought up the 4 SB losses.

Edited by Rico

I thought he looked great on that live NFL Network interview a few minutes ago. Maybe my imagination, but I liked how he kept his back turned away from Irvin after MI brought up the 4 SB losses.

He did look really good...

btw....F&*k Irvin

Thanks for posting that interview. I saw it yesterday, but was fun to watch again. I'm happy for Jim as he looks good, and must have felt so much energy coming into this week. That was a neat comment from Rich Eisen they had to move the enshrinement ceremony to the stadium b/c of Kely's induction. Idid not know that, but doesn't surprise me at all.

Don't ever tell me we do not have the most loyal, best fans in the NFL.

I wish I hadn't read this by Tim Graham. I thought Jimbo had got past this type of behavior in recent years (I knew firsthand he could be like this in the past), but this is from a year ago.........The headline writer tries to say that he's grown in the last year, but Graham's article really doesn't say much about that:

Also in their row were Buffalo Bills legends James Lofton and Billy Shaw and the team’s founder, Ralph Wilson, out of his wheelchair and held upright by Jim Brown and Frank Gifford.

What a glorious moment. Yet as Kelly walked away from the photo shoot he snapped at a reporter who asked how special it was to see Wilson make a rare outing.

“Look,” Kelly said less than two months after cancer surgery, “I have my own problems to worry about.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/kelly-shows-hes-learned-some-lessons-from-a-year-of-challenges-20140803

I wish I hadn't read this by Tim Graham. I thought Jimbo had got past this type of behavior in recent years (I knew firsthand he could be like this in the past), but this is from a year ago.........The headline writer tries to say that he's grown in the last year, but Graham's article really doesn't say much about that:

Also in their row were Buffalo Bills legends James Lofton and Billy Shaw and the team’s founder, Ralph Wilson, out of his wheelchair and held upright by Jim Brown and Frank Gifford.

What a glorious moment. Yet as Kelly walked away from the photo shoot he snapped at a reporter who asked how special it was to see Wilson make a rare outing.

“Look,” Kelly said less than two months after cancer surgery, “I have my own problems to worry about.”

http://www.buffalone...lenges-20140803

I would be surly too if cancer that I thought was gone had returned. He was entitled to have a bad day. Not going to dump on the guy. We all have bad days but we are not well known public figures. I give him a pass and pray that the cancer is gone. Everyone goes through trials in life. I hope Jim wins his battle and is a better man for it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/kelly-shows-hes-learned-some-lessons-from-a-year-of-challenges-20140803

It's really hard to say what happened but Kelly has not said much about Ralph lately. This is pure speculation but recall that several years ago Jim was active in saying he was on the "inside" relative to knowing what would happen when Ralph died and the team went up for sale. Maybe Jim was left on the "outside" somehow.

Because this is pure speculation it is not worth the paper it is printed on but maybe it helps to tell why there was not a heartfelt statement made then.

http://www.buffalone...lenges-20140803

I guess a reporter can always argue the right to print what he sees fit, but this strikes me as tabloid journalism at it's finest. Let me summarize.....During a glorious moment. Kelly "snapped".

A healthy Jim Kelly knocking the lolipop out of the hand of a baby is fair commentary and relevant news. JK dealing with the emotion of learning he's dealing with a whole 'nother level of cancer/pain and hardship and making an off-handed comment during a glorified dog and pony show is not.

I'm not a TG basher, I recognize what he does, but I lose respect for him as a professional when I read something like this.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd