WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

Good luck SJ. This is a seemingly bad move on the Bills part. Not sure why you bring in a rookie and release a veteran that can help him and that can beat Revis island. A 4th rounder is not a bad return, IMO. But...

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so really, essentially we traded stevie and a 6 for williams a conditional 4 next year

contracts not wildly different. got younger, got healthier, probably got more physically talented, mightve gotten crazier though, and improved on the draft pick side.....

Edited by NoSaint

? 7 good years and a 4th (or maybe 3rd) is not great return on a 7th round pick? Take it any day!

Yet he outplayed two round 2 picks (Easley and Graham)... Not so sure about that value...

to be fair, Shefter never has to put out a negative story on the local team, and knowing Shefty is way cooler than knowing Tim Graham

. . . or Sullivan, Gleason, or Harrington etc. To be fair, I would not describe what they do as having to put out negative stories. It is more like they go out of their way to be snarky.

It is just sad when you think of the great Buffalo News sports guys like Jim Kelley, Larry Felser, and Vic Carucci.

Edited by Peter

How can anyone support this? We just traded our best WR for a 4th round pick next season.

Same old spinning-wheel Bills.

PS: How is it that Stevies Cap number is an issue for the Bills (who stink with very little talent) but not an issue for the 9ers (great team loaded with talent)

And people wonder why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years. Might as well make the 15 (and 16)

Watkins is already better than him and one could argue Williams is better as well...

The funny thing is that Marrone was fine with trading for a guy (Williams) who really had some baggage.

Greggo Marrone's ego is such that he thinks he can handle anything. When reality hits, a funny t-shirt is an insurmountable obstacle.

As an aside, this is yet another example of someone other than the snarks at the Buffalo News breaking a story that impacts the Bills or Sabres.

To be fair, I'm sure Tim Graham was in the midst of researching his next "mortgaging the future" tweet. Or fighting with followers. Give the man a break.

so really, essentially we traded stevie and a 6 for williams a conditional 4 next year

contracts not wildly different. got younger, got healthier, probably got more physically talented, mightve gotten crazier though, and improved on the draft pick side.....

Philadelphia got less for Deshaun Jackson

? 7 good years and a 4th (or maybe 3rd) is not great return on a 7th round pick? Take it any day!

By this logic, Tom Brady is a 6th rd pick. If the Bills trade a 2-3 for him, The Pats make out like Bandits in the deal.

Robert Woods as a rookie last year had as good of stats as Stevie did all for less money. Its a business thing. Stevie's act was wearing thin in WNY.

Robert Woods as a rookie last year had as good of stats as Stevie did all for less money. Its a business thing. Stevie's act was wearing thin in WNY.

What was Stevies act?

Mike Williams act is so much better.

I'm surprised by all of the animosity that I'm reading about this. I have long-defended Stevie- but this deal is a no-brainer. Makes sense for both teams. And there have been countless people on this board clamoring for the Bills to get rid of Johnson for years- now all of a sudden there is this outcry about his being dealt. The schizophrenia here is absolutely amazing!

Different people are motivated to post at different times. If you'd recorded posters' names I'm reasonably certain that you would not see many people posting opinions that contradicted themselves.

I like Woods as well, but you seem to forget that Stevie's mom died and he had some injuries.

Yet he outplayed two round 2 picks (Easley and Graham)... Not so sure about that value...

Easley was drafted in the fourth round. Graham was drafted in the third round.