Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian McShane sheds a tiny amount of light on who he may portray:

http://popgoesthenews.com/2015/11/12/exclusive-ian-mcshane-offers-hint-about-game-of-thrones-role/

Still think he may, in fact, be Septon Maribald (leading to the return of The Hound).

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/ian-mcshane-doesnt-care-about-spoiling-got.html

Ian McShane gives some minor spoilers for the upcoming season and when some fans complain he says, get a life it's only "breasts and dragons."

:lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It felt like that premier episode was about 10 minutes too short, didn't it? It was a good way to reset the show, but nothing really got advanced plot wise. Also, some of the dialogue seemed a bit wonky to me. Some of the show's best lines have come directly from GRRM's dialogue, I wonder if not having the books to crib from will result in more clunky dialogue.

But those are small complaints.

It felt like that premier episode was about 10 minutes too short, didn't it? It was a good way to reset the show, but nothing really got advanced plot wise. Also, some of the dialogue seemed a bit wonky to me. Some of the show's best lines have come directly from GRRM's dialogue, I wonder if not having the books to crib from will result in more clunky dialogue.

Netflix format please!!!!! Heck i would pay per episode so i can binge it and actually get more than a trickle of each storyline. It makes it a hard follow.

I've always felt like the first episode of each season hasn't advanced the plot. Mostly just a quick catch up really, maybe some minor new bits. I agree though, this seemed to not show much at all.

I thought for sure we'd get an update on Bran seeing as we haven't seen his character in a season. Still nothing.

I think this stems from them distorting the storylines to line up. Arya has done nothing for about 6 episodes now and is finally about the have her 80s training montage. Which chronologically didn't match and they already added her a new arc to compensate. Sometimes, nothing has to happen.

Glad for the hard reset on Dorne. They screwed that whole thing up so bad. Just cut the rest of them out in a failed assassination attempt and move to the Ironborn.

A bit bigger complaints for me.

I'm a big fan of the books, but I actually started watching the show before reading the books, so I've been back and forth. But I've found, as the show went on, that whenever the show started deviating from or going beyond the books, the plot lines and dialogue have suffered greatly for the most part. Once the show doesn't have GRRM's content to go from, they really seem to do a poor job of it IMO.

Dorne is the best example, but I'm really not that impressed with many others. I didn't think the opener was all that great, actually.

There was one thing in the first seen with Davos finding Snow that got me going back and re-watching--what was it that caught Davos' eye about the outline of the blood in the snow?

While I couldn't really tell what that particular blur might have been, the very first shot of JS seemed to reveal a dragon's head in the snow above his shoulder. Interestingly, the camera's frame is not centered on JS, rather it seems to purposely include the dragon head figure within the frame. The description of the episode also stated "Jon Snow's fate revealed." Seems to support the belief that he will arise from the dead with his true lineage discerned....

I noticed the same thing with Davos, but when I rewound and paused the scene, couldn't make anything out of the pattern. This morning, I saw this article about the dragon with a rider on its back in his blood (and the wolf pattern in his blood last season). Pretty cool if this is true.

3392E40F00000578-3560824-image-a-18_1461

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560824/Game-Thrones-fans-sent-conspiracy-theory-frenzy-mysterious-blood-pattern-surrounding-Jon-Snow-s-body.html

I noticed the same thing with Davos, but when I rewound and paused the scene, couldn't make anything out of the pattern. This morning, I saw this article about the dragon with a rider on its back in his blood (and the wolf pattern in his blood last season). Pretty cool if this is true.

3392E40F00000578-3560824-image-a-18_1461

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560824/Game-Thrones-fans-sent-conspiracy-theory-frenzy-mysterious-blood-pattern-surrounding-Jon-Snow-s-body.html

339307A400000578-3560824-image-a-21_1461

Copied this pic from that article. This is the one I was talking about--the dragon head to his right. I really don't see the "riding a dragon" in the other one. As they close in on this shot, the frame deliberately incorporates that figure. However, Davos is staring at the post-Snow blur, so maybe there's more than what I'm seeing.

I have a theory of how he will come back--something similar to when Dany went into Drogo's funeral pyre and the dragon eggs hatched....though it will be Jon's pyre....

339307A400000578-3560824-image-a-21_1461

Copied this pic from that article. This is the one I was talking about--the dragon head to his right. I really don't see the "riding a dragon" in the other one. As they close in on this shot, the frame deliberately incorporates that figure. However, Davos is staring at the post-Snow blur, so maybe there's more than what I'm seeing.

I have a theory of how he will come back--something similar to when Dany went into Drogo's funeral pyre and the dragon eggs hatched....though it will be Jon's pyre....

Damn. I really hope your theory is right.

Can't wait to see how everyone at Castle Black reacts to Jon's "awakening." I think in the preview clip you hear Tormund telling him, "they think you're some sort of God."

The wife and I were watching it Sunday and stupid Frontier kept cutting out. Saw the Ramsey and Jon sc bed but missed the best parts of them. Good thing I re-watched it on-demand!

Can't wait to see how everyone at Castle Black reacts to Jon's "awakening." I think in the preview clip you hear Tormund telling him, "they think you're some sort of God."

I'm with you.

What do you think John's first words will be? "I have the worst headache!" or "I had the weirdest dream," or "Olly, I need a word with you."

I'm with you.

What do you think John's first words will be? "I have the worst headache!" or "I had the weirdest dream," or "Olly, I need a word with you."

"happy birthday!!!'

here is the prayer translation:

Zyhys oñoso jehikagon Aeksiot epi, se gis hen syndrorro jemagon. "We ask the Lord to shine his light, and lead a soul out of darkness."

Zyhys perzys stepagon Aeksio Oño jorepi, se morghultas lys qelitsos sikagon. "We beg the Lord to share his fire, and light a candle that has gone out."

Hen syndrorro, oños. Hen ñuqir, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson. "From darkness, light. From ashes, fire. From death, life."

I will recite this over and over until the Bills season begins!

I'm with you.

While not his first words, I expect us to hear about, if not see, the meeting he had on the other side with Ned. Ned's last words to Snow were about how he promised to tell Snow about his mother when they next met. Of course, Ned died before they could meet again but I'm guessing (along with a lot of other people I'm sure) that meeting happened while Snow was on the other side and he'll return with an understanding that he's not a Stark at all.

"happy birthday!!!'

here is the prayer translation:

Zyhys oñoso jehikagon Aeksiot epi, se gis hen syndrorro jemagon. "We ask the Lord to shine his light, and lead a soul out of darkness."

Zyhys perzys stepagon Aeksio Oño jorepi, se morghultas lys qelitsos sikagon. "We beg the Lord to share his fire, and light a candle that has gone out."

Hen syndrorro, oños. Hen ñuqir, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson. "From darkness, light. From ashes, fire. From death, life."

I will recite this over and over until the Bills season begins!

Happy Name-day!

While not his first words, I expect us to hear about, if not see, the meeting he had on the other side with Ned. Ned's last words to Snow were about how he promised to tell Snow about his mother when they next met. Of course, Ned died before they could meet again but I'm guessing (along with a lot of other people I'm sure) that meeting happened while Snow was on the other side and he'll return with an understanding that he's not a Stark at all.

Or that he is a Stark and a Targaryen!

I am among those that think John's spirit was in Ghost while his body was unavailable. The books really point this way pretty strongly with other earlier references.

I think Bran will at least visit his siblings or their wolves soon. Bran, Arya, and John all have strong warg/skinchanger indications in the books.

I want both the books and TV to come back to Arya's estranged wolf, Nymeria, who I think is now queen of the wolves south of the wall, and leader of a formidable pack by now.

My guess is the red priest dies or takes her own life in the next few episodes. After the dramatic resurrection of JS i would kill her off so every major death from here on out doesn't lose its affect. Maybe her depression is worsened from her "failure" with snow and she lays to rest before realizing her magic worked.

My guess is the red priest dies or takes her own life in the next few episodes. After the dramatic resurrection of JS i would kill her off so every major death from here on out doesn't lose its affect. Maybe her depression is worsened from her "failure" with snow and she lays to rest before realizing her magic worked.

Or, if she sees it worked, she might think she can finally rest after finding the light's champion.