Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting them to kill off Myrcella in this upcoming episode. By doing so, it allows them to merge Trystane's storyline with Quentyn's early next year.

like where the prince of Dorn meets a dragon?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Alas...I think I'm done watching the show after this next episode. I thought I wouldn't mind too much if the show went past the books, but I find it unsatisfying, especially with how poor some of the writing for the show has been. It's been entertaining enough, but I think I'd rather wait to see if GRRM gets the next book out before next season, and if not, I'll pass.

Alas...I think I'm done watching the show after this next episode. I thought I wouldn't mind too much if the show went past the books, but I find it unsatisfying, especially with how poor some of the writing for the show has been. It's been entertaining enough, but I think I'd rather wait to see if GRRM gets the next book out before next season, and if not, I'll pass.

Will you finish watching the show if (almost seems like when at this point) Martin dies before he finishes writing the books?

I'll put my 2 cents in here:

I think the Sand Snakes will off Myrcella in episode 10.

I also think the show has been foreshadowing Olly being the one that stabs Jon; the look on his face when Sam explained that sometimes you have to make tough choices sold that for me.

We shall see though...

I'll put my 2 cents in here:

I think the Sand Snakes will off Myrcella in episode 10.

I also think the show has been foreshadowing Olly being the one that stabs Jon; the look on his face when Sam explained that sometimes you have to make tough choices sold that for me.

We shall see though...

I said this exact same thing. Then last episode after Jon gets inside the wall, he sees Olly and smiles at him and Olly just turns his gaze and walks away. It bothered Jon based on his reaction. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Will you finish watching the show if (almost seems like when at this point) Martin dies before he finishes writing the books?

:lol: Too true. I think we'll all be dead before he finishes writing the books.

I've heard he's trying real hard to get the next book out before season 6 starts, but I'm skeptical. If he dies, anything goes...

:lol: Too true. I think we'll all be dead before he finishes writing the books.

I've heard he's trying real hard to get the next book out before season 6 starts, but I'm skeptical. If he dies, anything goes...

:lol::beer:

I liked the work that Sanderson did with WOT--I think all fantasy writers tend to make the same mistake and let the story get away from them.

Don't get me wrong Sanderson succinctly wrapped WOT in a satisfying manner; his quality of writing--line for line and chapter for chapter--didn't hold a candle to RJ IMO.

Here's hoping ASOIAF isn't in for the same fate.

He breathed some new life into a series that was hurting even before Jordan died.

There were a couple books that got pretty stagnate, but it wasn't as bad for me because I wasn't introduced to the series until late 2009. I got to binge read and that generally makes everything better because you're so rapt in the story. I'm so thankful he expanded the final book intro three books.

There were a couple books that got pretty stagnate, but it wasn't as bad for me because I wasn't introduced to the series until late 2009. I got to binge read and that generally makes everything better because you're so rapt in the story. I'm so thankful he expanded the final book intro three books.

7 and 8 were a bit slow, as were 10 and 11.

4-6 and 12-14 were absolutely incredible.

7 and 8 were a bit slow, as were 10 and 11.

4-6 and 12-14 were absolutely incredible.

Yeah. 9 was a bit slow up until the fantastic finish. It's hard for me to criticize though because it's the only series that ever brought me to the world like Tolkien did.