Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

The hair cut pictures that made the rounds a few weeks ago were old, from before season 5. He's currently in Belfast (confirmed by several folks in the know), so he's either just there for a "funeral" scene, or he's in season 6 as everyone expected.

These types of marketing things just don't work anymore in the age of social media. It's too hard to keep this kind of secret.

The casting rumors that strongly imply Arthur Dayne and Howland Reed appearing in Season 6 basically confirm that Jon will be back.

Plus there's the bit about GRRM saying that Jon will learn of his parentage, which he also said that the show's writers correctly guessed, so it seems they intend to follow the book on that one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The casting rumors that strongly imply Arthur Dayne and Howland Reed appearing in Season 6 basically confirm that Jon will be back.

Plus there's the bit about GRRM saying that Jon will learn of his parentage, which he also said that the show's writers correctly guessed, so it seems they intend to follow the book on that one.

got link??

If they don't burn the body he's not dead.

He's currently in Belfast (confirmed by several folks in the know), so he's either just there for a "funeral" scene, or he's in season 6 as everyone expected.

If he was truely dead they would have gone ahead and shot the funeral scene last year and not had to call him back. It's a simple enough scene and likely just a half day's work. If he's on set he's not dead.

If he was truely dead they would have gone ahead and shot the funeral scene last year and not had to call him back. It's a simple enough scene and likely just a half day's work. If he's on set he's not dead.

yeah but that kills the cliffhanger drama. What will happen to the (most) favorite character left.

The original link is now broken, but here's a thread on reddit that contains the quote from the interview:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2e1we2/spoilers_all_grrm_interview_about_jon_snow/

http://zap2it.com/2014/10/winds-of-winter-jon-snow-parents-rhaegar-lyanna-game-of-thrones/

Martin was asked when he plans to say who actually birthed Jon Snow.

“I’ve not finished ‘The Winds of Winter’ yet, so maybe in that book,” he says, “but if not then definitely in the next book, [‘A Dream of Spring’].”

Nothing specific about Jon knowing but the truth being relieved.

the problem is who else alive knows the truth?

:w00t: light bulb - Bran see's all through the trees?

I feel bad for the readers who don't watch the show that are likely going to have a lot of the story spoiled for them (the Internet is tough to avoid) because the show is going to get to a lot of big reveals first.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Snow SPOILER

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/22/don-t-worry-president-obama-game-of-thrones-jon-snow-is-still-very-much-alive.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thedailybeast%2Farticles+%28The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles%29

Kit Harington is spotted getting off a flight in the show’s filming location of Belfast with his ‘Game of Thrones’ co-star Tom Wlaschiha, who plays Jaqen H’ghar.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some dirt from a source on set. Though, some of it sounds awfully fishy to me (for reasons that will appear clear below). Putting it in spoiler form just in case. though there is nothing too earth shattering:

(I got these clues in this format, no details other than these three lines, the rest is my speculation)

Jon Snow is dead, Jon Targaryen is not.

Jon + Bran

Snow's body won't burn.

The one I take issue with is the body burning. Clearly Snow can burn (he burned his hand fighting the first wight in Castle Black), so I guess it's possible the show could change that since it wasn't as big of a deal in the show as it has been in the book. But I also remember the saying that there can only be one dragon (Danny) so I'm not sure why Snow's body (even if he is a Targaryen) would't burn.

I'm also hearing Bean is back for a cameo, which makes me assume he'll be in a scene with Snow "between lives" where he finishes their last conversation. If I remember right, the last words Ned had with Snow was something to the effect of "next time we meet I'll tell you about your mother"... maybe this will go down as Melissandre is trying to revive Snow?

Edited by GreggyT

Got some dirt from a source on set. Though, some of it sounds awfully fishy to me (for reasons that will appear clear below). Putting it in spoiler form just in case. though there is nothing too earth shattering:

(I got these clues in this format, no details other than these three lines, the rest is my speculation)

Jon + Bran

Snow's body won't burn.

The one I take issue with is the body burning. Clearly Snow can burn (he burned his hand fighting the first wight in Castle Black), so I guess it's possible the show could change that since it wasn't as big of a deal in the show as it has been in the book. But I also remember the saying that there can only be one dragon (Danny) so I'm not sure why Snow's body (even if he is a Targaryen) would't burn.

I'm also hearing Bean is back for a cameo, which makes me assume he'll be in a scene with Snow "between lives" where he finishes their last conversation. If I remember right, the last words Ned had with Snow was something to the effect of "next time we meet I'll tell you about your mother"... maybe this will go down as Melissandre is trying to revive Snow?

About part of the spoiler...

I wonder if they're playing it as Jon truly becoming a Targaryen through "birth" by fire.

WRT your point about how "there can be only one dragon", are you sure you're not just confusing some sweet Highlander references?

I wonder if they're playing it as Jon truly becoming a Targaryen through "birth" by fire.

WRT your point about how "there can be only one dragon", are you sure you're not just confusing some sweet Highlander references?

I might be (:lol:) but I could have sworn that's something Danny said when her brother was still alive? Anyone else remember that?

I might be (:lol:) but I could have sworn that's something Danny said when her brother was still alive? Anyone else remember that?

I couldn't remember it, but I haven't read the books so you could very well be right. I just take any chance I can to sneak in a Highlander reference.

Either way, thanks for the info! Cheers :beer:

LOL there canbe only 1.

But there are 3 dragons, one would assume you need 3 riders

LOL there canbe only 1.

Nothing would make me happier than there being 3 riders for the war. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

LOL there canbe only 1.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and I will ride her ass morning, noon, and night

That said I have no interest in the Iron Throne. That looks like the most uncomfortable chair ever

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and I will ride her ass morning, noon, and night

That said I have no interest in the Iron Throne. That looks like the most uncomfortable chair ever

I'm sure the line to do so is very long growing longer morning, noon, and night.

Jon + Bran

Snow's body won't burn.

WRT the last spoiler above:

Bean reappearing on the show may actually be a flashback scene -- perhaps as Bran explores time in the past through the trees. But some think it's to recreate the scene outside the Tower of Joy, where Ned and Howland battle some of the Kingsguard and later discover Lyanna dying as she gives birth...likely to Jon

WRT the last spoiler above:

Bean reappearing on the show may actually be a flashback scene -- perhaps as Bran explores time in the past through the trees. But some think it's to recreate the scene outside the Tower of Joy, where Ned and Howland battle some of the Kingsguard and later discover Lyanna dying as she gives birth...likely to Jon

I think that McShane is gonna be Reed, and I do think a ToJ flashback is likely. It makes sense. A brief scene as a character of key importance and all that.

Finish these damn books George.

I might be ( :lol:) but I could have sworn that's something Danny said when her brother was still alive? Anyone else remember that?

She said "fire can't kill the dragon" with her brother. She told Barristan that Rhaegar "wasn't the last dragon," when he recapped how he fought along side the last dragon until he died. That may be what you're remembering.

Edited by FireChan