Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

I see your point. I think Dany's struggles are in learning how to rule; she wants instant accountability, but doesn't have the experience necessary to fully consider the consequences -- that's where Jorah's and Tyrion's counsel have been invaluable. As she gains that experience we might see a "more evil" side of her emerge.

I agree, it wouldn't be in keeping with the show's overall tenor to finish with a "happy" ending...

I think this is a big role for Barristan the Bold in the books, and a major influence on Dany. I understand she might not fully trust Tyrion, but when Barristan agrees, his council has that much more weight.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think Dany wants to rule the seven kingdoms than we are watching completely different shows.

Agreed.....Dany wants to rule. I never actually got the sense that John Snow even wants to be King. This guy is who you want as "general of your armies"

Disagree completely. That she wants to leave the world a better place is just by chance. Make no mistake, she wants to be queen because she wants what she thinks is rightfully hers and she wants the power as much or more as anyone else who desired to be on that throne.

SDS.....I dont know if I agree with this.

Someone doesnt go through freeing slaves and telling them they dont have to join her army just for the heck of it. I def think Dani has a certain set of values.

There is no doubt she wants to rule.....I dont think the two are mutually exclusive.

I see your point. I think Dany's struggles are in learning how to rule; she wants instant accountability, but doesn't have the experience necessary to fully consider the consequences -- that's where Jorah's and Tyrion's counsel have been invaluable. As she gains that experience we might see a "more evil" side of her emerge.

I agree, it wouldn't be in keeping with the show's overall tenor to finish with a "happy" ending...

I bet if we went through history and looked at every ruler who was thought of as a "good ruler"

Somewhere behind them there was someone in their ear that they trusted guiding decisions......

The problem is....if you dont have that you cannot look at every perspective....having council is needed whether you go by their decisions or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word if they will be standard 1 hour episodes or extended episodes?

Standard I would assume; the lesser number of episodes is supposedly because of the amount of CGI required to produce them, which means we can probably expect a lot of dragons, walkers, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't watch it without hearing "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in my head. That'll sell lots of cars.

There's a good set of memes for someone to generate...Game of Thrones characters advertising their favorite products. Walder Frey for Huggies. Bran Stark for Life Alert. Hodor for Schlage. Cersei for...Kingsford Charcoal, I guess?

Couldn't watch it without hearing "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in my head. That'll sell lots of cars.

There's a good set of memes for someone to generate...Game of Thrones characters advertising their favorite products. Walder Frey for Huggies. Bran Stark for Life Alert. Hodor for Schlage. Cersei for...Kingsford Charcoal, I guess?

:lol::beer:

Let's see... Tommen for Zoloft. Ser Pounce Friskies Party Mix cat treats. Lancel Lannister for Scientology. Tyrion for Dos Equis as their new Most Interesting Man in the World. Bronn for Trojan? Maybe Valtrex...

:lol::beer:

Let's see... Tommen for Zoloft. Ser Pounce Friskies Party Mix cat treats. Lancel Lannister for Scientology. Tyrion for Dos Equis as their new Most Interesting Man in the World. Bronn for Trojan? Maybe Valtrex...

Arya Stark for Evernote. Varys for Purdue. Petyr Baelish for Ashley Madison.

Tywin Lannister for American Express ("A Lannister always pays his debts. That's why I carry...")

• 2 months later...