Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

Right, I guess I thought the discussion was who would be the three heads of the dragon via the books or in general not specifically to the show.

This is one of those things that can kind of get muddy for the readers. If they never bother to introduce Aegon in the show then can the reader's assume he has no real bearing on the outcome of the story?

My hope is that the show diverges enough where you basically end up with very different resolutions to a lot of things so the readers don't have the story completely spoiled by the end of the show's run which I think we can all assume will be way before the final word of the book series is written.

WRT the books I could see GRRM killing off the kid.

He's in Westeros @ Griffons Roost? with the Golden Army or some such... no? IIRC his mentor is got Greyscale and may not last long enough to push him onto the correct path.

2 different endings would make reading the final books other that pointing out minor discrepancies.

With Breanne and Pod near Winterfell we may not know if the man (gardener?) on the monks island is actually the Hound as some have speculated.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRT the books I could see GRRM killing off the kid.

He's in Westeros @ Griffons Roost? with the Golden Army or some such... no? IIRC his mentor is got Greyscale and may not last long enough to push him onto the correct path.

2 different endings would make reading the final books other that pointing out minor discrepancies.

With Breanne and Pod near Winterfell we may not know if the man (gardener?) on the monks island is actually the Hound as some have speculated.

I could see it too but hopefully he serves some purpose before Martin removes him from the story unlike Doran's son. I'm still not sure what 100 pages or so of Quentyn traveling to Dany just to get bbq'd accomplished.

I forgot about the Hound theories. There are so many small details that I'm sure I've forgotten over the last few years. I'm hoping to do a re-read before book 6 comes out but it seems so daunting when you think of a lot of the fluff that comes along for the ride, especially in the last couple books.

I always assumed it had to be someone of Targaryen blood riding the dragons so not sure how you guys think Bran would fit.

If R+L=J than it would make sense to be Danny and Jon as two. For the third my current guess would be Danny's nephew and Rhaegar's son Aegon.

I think that as well. All three will repopulate the Targ line.

I think that as well. All three will repopulate the Targ line.

one point I forgot to mention

Melisandre did try to seduce Jon. (and I don't tire of looking at here nekkid body)

what does she know? You know nothing Jon Snow

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

bump

have they broached the idea of the wildlings settling in the north in the abandoned castles yet?

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (not sure if it's played on the East coast yet), but they haven't talked specifically about that yet. Stannis did bring up the issue of what to do with the wildlings after he and his army makes for Winterfell, but I don't think anything specific was mentioned yet about settling in the North or in the abandoned castles.

well they answered that Rubes.

not too much of an "exciting" episode with other moves away from the books

Stannis marches on Winterfell with family in toe

Jon Snow goes to gather the wildlngs at Eastwatch

Tyrion sees a dragon

Mormond fully replaced the Griffon and meets the stonemen

Dany feeds her dragons on a leading family of Mereen

Breanne tries to contact Sansa inside Winterfell, the old lady reinforces the North remembers

Theon meets Sansa (not fake Arya)

inline - Tyrion went for a swim

what evil will the bastards whoor do to Sansa?

well they answered that Rubes.

not too much of an "exciting" episode with other moves away from the books

Stannis marches on Winterfell with family in toe

Jon Snow goes to gather the wildlngs at Eastwatch

Tyrion sees a dragon

Mormond fully replaced the Griffon and meets the stonemen

Dany feeds her dragons on a leading family of Mereen

Breanne tries to contact Sansa inside Winterfell, the old lady reinforces the North remembers

inline (so far) Sansa meets Theon and Tyrion went for a swim

what evil will the bastards whoor do to Sansa?

Unless I'm forgetting, did Sana ever meet Reek in the books? I didn't thinks she had and it makes me wonder how differently Theon's redemption/rescue mission will play out now that it's Sansa at Winterfell rather than Jenny.

Unless I'm forgetting, did Sana ever meet Reek in the books? I didn't thinks she had and it makes me wonder how differently Theon's redemption/rescue mission will play out now that it's Sansa at Winterfell rather than Jenny.

Not explicitly, but the original Reek was Ramsay's for most of his life, so it's possible they crossed paths. Definitely didn't cross the TheonReek. And didn't cross Ramsay pretending to be Reek.

oops my bad.. brain fart. Reek helps Jenny the fake Arya escape in the books - :blush: :blush:

No. She had left for King's Landing by the time that Reek/Ramsay was captured and imprisoned at Winterfell. As for the Theon version, no, she never met him in the books.

Edited by Brandon

FTR

Theon lived at Winterfell for a decade or so. Ergo he was there before the Starks left for Kings Landing and had known Sansa and Arya.

that is determined as he knew Jane was not Arya.

I should have clarified...I meant Theon's Reek persona.

bump - rehash

any other predictions before the season closes in the next couple of weeks?? (can't be many more left)

Does Tyrion reach Dani?

Does Sansa get freed before her marriage?

Does Sansa get freed by Breanne or Stannis (singly or combined)

How far does Arya progress?

Will Cersei make the walk of shame?

How much success does Jamie have - will Myrcella rescuers get skewered? (likely Bronn)

bump - rehash

any other predictions before the season closes in the next couple of weeks?? (can't be many more left)

Does Tyrion reach Dani?

Does Sansa get freed before her marriage?

Does Sansa get freed by Breanne or Stannis (singly or combined)

How far does Arya progress?

Will Cersei make the walk of shame?

How much success does Jamie have - will Myrcella rescuers get skewered? (likely Bronn)

Yes, and Mormont will bring his affliction with him

No. And the honeymoon won't be a pleasant evening

Stannis marches on Winterfell. Breanne takes the opportunity to get Sansa out. Sansa then abandons Breanne to join Stannis

Arya is tasked with her first kill and passes the test

I haven't read the books so I don't know what the walk of shame is.

Jaimie will get capured and Bronn will come to rescue him and Myrcella

you haven't read the books? WOW

Her lies and scheming to humiliate Margaery Tyrell backfire and it is she who faces punishment by the new High Sparrow aka the current High Septon Jonathan Pryce

you evil man allowing Sansa to get touched by Ramsey

you haven't read the books? WOW

Her lies and scheming to humiliate Margaery Tyrell backfire and it is she who faces punishment by the new High Sparrow aka the current High Septon Jonathan Pryce

you evil man allowing Sansa to get touched by Ramsey

I've head a feeling since last season that Cersi nd Marjorie would become enemies and the opening scene this season (young Cersi with the fortune teller) leads me to suspect that Cersi ends up on the losing end. With the death of Tywin and loss of influence over Tommin Cersi's parasitic power base has greatly diminished.

Sansa's led a tough life since she left Winterfell. I'm surprised she's been able to keep her cherry this long.

I, for one, am axiously waiting for the walk of shame. They've already foreshadowed it with the previous high septon. Unlike the books, Cersei won't get caught sleeping with "everyone but Moonboy," but they've set her up with Lancel's character and her role in Robert's death. I don't know why they decided to have Cersei go after Margaery's brother instead of her, but it will work out the same, I guess. However, I think I've said one of my favorite parts of the books is when Cersei suddenly realizes she's screwed and tries to escape, but it looks like they probably won't do the same scene in the show.

As for Sansa, I think it's going to get ugly. I don't think they'll let Ramsay pop her cherry, or perhaps they will but Sansa will get her revenge during the act. But I have a feeling that it will be bloody. She has the option of lighting the candle in her window as per last episode, but not sure what the response will be. Perhaps Brienne will come to her aid. I'm expecting blood and death. Would be interesting if it's fit into the attack by Stannis. But it's anybody's guess at this point, since this storyline is so far removed from the books.

Edited by Rubes

As for Sansa, I think it's going to get ugly. I don't think they'll let Ramsay pop her cherry, or perhaps they will but Sansa will get her revenge during the act. But I have a feeling that it will be bloody. She has the option of lighting the candle in her window as per last episode, but not sure what the response will be. Perhaps Brienne will come to her aid. I'm expecting blood and death. Would be interesting if it's fit into the attack by Stannis. But it's anybody's guess at this point, since this storyline is so far removed from the books.

her window????

you know that part seemed odd to me..

I thought the old crone said the highest window of the abandoned tower. seems a difficult task, and might raise questions.

or did I misread / hear which window