Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're the same torture entourage that Ramsay used against Theon a couple seasons ago.

ahhh good catch

Pretty sure he's actually screwing the Boltons over here. He knows they have a tenuous hold on the north and that the northern lords are not happy about the Boltons' betrayal of the Starks, and what better way to stir that pot than to put the only known Stark heir in the hands of Bolton's demented son?

The end game for LF? He's hoping the nothern lords will rally to Sansa, and that Sansa, as ruler of the north, would be a loyal ally to him and someone he can manipulate for his future plans.

Sansa should not trust LF especially now after this marriage arrangement and if she has any brains let others know he's a rat.

all he's been with her is a liar and murderer

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Sansa should not trust LF especially now after this marriage arrangement and if she has any brains let others know he's a rat.

all he's been with her is a liar and murderer

I suspect that she won't, and that when all this plays out, it could indeed be the 'end game' for LF, just not quite how he expects.

Edited by Brandon

Pretty sure he's actually screwing the Boltons over here. He knows they have a tenuous hold on the north and that the northern lords are not happy about the Boltons' betrayal of the Starks, and what better way to stir that pot than to put the only known Stark heir in the hands of Bolton's demented son?

The end game for LF? He's hoping the nothern lords will rally to Sansa, and that Sansa, as ruler of the north, would be a loyal ally to him and someone he can manipulate for his future plans.

The North will never rally behind the Boltons the way they would for the Starks. That is why Roose wants to wed Sansa to Ramsay. However, it seems that LF is probably planning to subvert that alliance via Sansa getting her revenge (not sure how yet) and rallying the North, so they can partner with the Eyrie to control the North and be a powerful force. That's my guess, at least.

The North will never rally behind the Boltons the way they would for the Starks. That is why Roose wants to wed Sansa to Ramsay. However, it seems that LF is probably planning to subvert that alliance via Sansa getting her revenge (not sure how yet) and rallying the North, so they can partner with the Eyrie to control the North and be a powerful force. That's my guess, at least.

Agreed. :beer:

WTF!?!?!

killing off Baristan the bold? and maybe Grey Worm!! say it aint so!!!

Littlefinger abandoning Sansa with the Boltons? Where's Breanne!!

Almost thought we would hear R+L=J

the Sand Snakes Tyene the youngest was the most attractive

not much else to comment on other than waiting for Cersei to get her due.

Looks like we're going to get the big reveal/spoiler about Jon this season. Whether the non-readers picked up on it is another matter, but I don't see how you couldn't. They slapped you in the face with it repeatedly.

And although his plan was predictable, we now know what LF has in mind by shipping Sansa off to Ramsay Bolton.

One thing that confused me is that LF and Sansa were down in the crypts...below Winterfell? Are they already in Winterfell? I thought they were still at Moat Cailin?

Who knows if killing off Barristan is something GRRM was planning or just the whim of the TV guys...especially since there is no Strong Belwas, and the storyline has already gone away from the books a bit.

One thing that confused me is that LF and Sansa were down in the crypts...below Winterfell? Are they already in Winterfell? I thought they were still at Moat Cailin?

Who knows if killing off Barristan is something GRRM was planning or just the whim of the TV guys...especially since there is no Strong Belwas, and the storyline has already gone away from the books a bit.

they passed through Moat Cailin and onto Winterfell last episode. That was hen Breanne said she knew where they were going. Then they showed people rebuilding WF when Sansa met the bastard.

I miss the character Strong Belwas even though he met his end when they opened the fighting pits.

Another angle I like the fool of Mereen isn't trying to get marry to marry her whenever he attends her.

WTF!?!?!

killing off Baristan the bold? and maybe Grey Worm!! say it aint so!!!

Littlefinger abandoning Sansa with the Boltons? Where's Breanne!!

Almost thought we would hear R+L=J

the Sand Snakes Tyene the youngest was the most attractive

not much else to comment on other than waiting for Cersei to get her due.

We pretty much got confirmation on R+L=J, not that it was much of a mystery even in the books. There's no other satisfying outcome (from a narrative perspective) than to have that be the ultimate truth of Snow's origin in my mind, and knowing a bit about writing for TV, there's no way they'd hit us with that expo (especially the long overdue expo about the fair and the cause of Robert's rebellion) in the manner they did unless that was going to be the ultimate payoff.

I don't think they'll definitively answer that for us (on the show that is) until after

Snow gets "killed" this season

Losing Ser Grandfather isn't a big loss to me. I liked him way more in the books than on the show, they didn't give him much to do on the show. No way Greyworm is dead yet though, he will get at least one more scene with his love interest whose name escapes me.

As for Breanne, it appears she's going to take the place of Asha and Mance in the siege of Winterfell. They'll have to change a ton (obviously) but it makes sense for her and Pod to be the ones to rescue Sansa once Reek helps her escape.

I definitely think the killing of Barristan was motivated by Jorrah coming back into Danny's life on the show. They can't really co-exist in the TV world, one needed to go.

Looks like we're going to get the big reveal/spoiler about Jon this season. Whether the non-readers picked up on it is another matter, but I don't see how you couldn't. They slapped you in the face with it repeatedly.

Not a reader but from what I've seen this season, if they do a big reveal about Jon this season I think it will be

Jon is not Ned's bastard, he is the son of Neds sister and Rayger Targarian. Ned lied to Robert and Tywin to spare the child from the fate of all the other Targarians

We pretty much got confirmation on R+L=J, not that it was much of a mystery even in the books. There's no other satisfying outcome (from a narrative perspective) than to have that be the ultimate truth of Snow's origin in my mind, and knowing a bit about writing for TV, there's no way they'd hit us with that expo (especially the long overdue expo about the fair and the cause of Robert's rebellion) in the manner they did unless that was going to be the ultimate payoff.

I don't think they'll definitively answer that for us (on the show that is) until after

Losing Ser Grandfather isn't a big loss to me. I liked him way more in the books than on the show, they didn't give him much to do on the show. No way Greyworm is dead yet though, he will get at least one more scene with his love interest whose name escapes me.

As for Breanne, it appears she's going to take the place of Asha and Mance in the siege of Winterfell. They'll have to change a ton (obviously) but it makes sense for her and Pod to be the ones to rescue Sansa once Reek helps her escape.

I definitely think the killing of Barristan was motivated by Jorrah coming back into Danny's life on the show. They can't really co-exist in the TV world, one needed to go.

I really appreciate the fact that Martin wrote the whole story with that in mind. With most of the clues/hints coming from AGOT, I know it's not something that they shoehorned as a "twist" just to have one.

I really appreciate the fact that Martin wrote the whole story with that in mind. With most of the clues/hints coming from AGOT, I know it's not something that they shoehorned as a "twist" just to have one.

Absolutely.

Not a reader but from what I've seen this season, if they do a big reveal about Jon this season I think it will be

Nailed it. It's way more prevalent in the books than it has been up until last night on the show, though there are some who think it's a mislead. I don't though.

I wonder if they're even going to do that. They've had another chance to show that before in a similar situation and skipped over it. Could be that its something they think a TV audience won't buy into.

Edited by Brandon

Jon is not Ned's bastard, he is the son of Neds sister and Rayger Targarian. Ned lied to Robert and Tywin to spare the child from the fate of all the other Targarians

that is what R+L=J means BTW :beer:

that is what R+L=J means BTW :beer:

Missed your equation in your earlier post. but in my defense, not paying full attention to your posts is excusable because you're usually wrong anyway :P

So regarding L

Is L dead or in exile, like maybe in Bravos where she will run into her niece or Mereen where she might run Dany

Edited by /dev/null

Missed your equation in your earlier post. but in my defense, not paying full attention to your posts is excusable because you're usually wrong anyway :P

So regarding L

Is L dead or in exile, like maybe in Bravos where she will run into her niece or Mereen where she might run Dany

Nah, really dead.

I wonder if they're even going to do that. They've had another chance to show that before in a similar situation and skipped over it. Could be that its something they think a TV audience won't buy into.

I'm not sure which element you're talking about (apologies), do you mean the Snow spoiler will change or they won't reveal his lineage? If it's Snow's spoiler, I guess they could change that

(since I don't believe he's dead for even a second in the books, despite how the last one ended)

but I wouldn't if I were running the show. It's such a great way to end a season (and I expect it to be this season's finale) because it would give Martin another year essentially to finish the next book and be the one to reveal Snow's fate rather than the show spoiling it.

But I'm completely speculating. It would be tough for me to exclude that beat in the story because it was so powerful and the pieces for the assassination are already being put into motion at Castle Black on the show (unless I'm reading into things way too much, which is entirely possible).

So regarding L

Nah, really dead.

It would be a big twist if it turns out not to be true, but I'm with Chan. At least in the book world, she's dead dead.

Edited by GreggyT