Trade Stevie Johnson to Carolina, they have no WRs

Security

He would be their #1. Go ahead and draft the new eventual #1 WR. I am usually not for trading guys like we did in Lynch and Willis, but I guess I have changed my mind on Stevie. I am not sure he gives full effort, and he is hurt too much. If you can get a 4th, take it and run.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be their #1. Go ahead and draft the new eventual #1 WR. I am usually not for trading guys like we did in Lynch and Willis, but I guess I have changed my mind on Stevie. I am not sure he gives full effort, and he is hurt too much. If you can get a 4th, take it and run.

Why? Neither do we... 4th rounder? Ick. Makes no sense.

YAY!!! Another trade Stevie thread :D It's been a whole 3 weeks since the last and I was getting board.

its never ending brother. 15 years from now when Stevie is out of the NFL for 5 years, people will still be complaining about his tweets, celebrations, tattoos, and praying. At the same time they will all be calling for a trade for a 5th rounder and a box of Slim Jim's.

In all seriousness tho, if Carolina offered is a 2nd for him of take it in a heartbeat.

he doesnt give his all but he is on the field limping still making catches. We have few holes right now and are in position to draft the best available player. This line of thinking is idiotic. Good teams dont get rid of all their good players. Its amazing how dumb people can be. We are a QB away from making the playoffs. Ej may be that guy so lets take away his weapons and draft a wr that may or may not ever come close to stevies production. Stupid... absolutely stupid Edited by kr632

Sorry, wasn't on for a few weeks. I didn't see any other threads like this. I don't think he is good for the development of EJ. He is inconsistent in play and behavior.

these threads are started every week and have been for the last 2 years. Where were you then?

Not me. Woods and A rookie will work just fine

you enjoy not making the playoffs dont you.

Sorry, wasn't on for a few weeks. I didn't see any other threads like this. I don't think he is good for the development of EJ. He is inconsistent in play and behavior.

When was the last behavior issue with Steve. He had stupid penalties a couple 2 or 3 years ago for actually funny celebration. But what since then????

When was the last behavior issue with Steve. He had stupid penalties a couple 2 or 3 years ago for actually funny celebration. But what since then????

He pouted several times last year, was visibly upset at Tuel in the KC game on the field.

While we're at it we should trade Dareus for (insert over the hill defensive tackle here) and a 6th because he was late a few times.

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

Edited by Security

He pouted several times last year, was visibly upset at Tuel in the KC game on the field.

Nice use of the binoculars. Who cares if he's upset at Tuel ? I'm upset w Tuel.

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

Trade #3 overall pick for 2nd rounder ? Whoa man.

Better idea would be to trade him to San Fran, they're looking for WR help and have a ton of picks to give....as for trading SJ, for the right price, sure...right price being...well, anything that includes a heartbeat

I have been following twobillsdrive for 3 years. I enjoy it. This is my first post!

I hear banter both ways on Stevie. I do not support him for many reasons. Injuries, inconsistent play, alligator arms, not taking ownership and....something nobody seems to bring up here.

Stevie runs awkward routes. Most believe it is a benefit and it is how he gets open. And, that is true. However, I think it helps lead to EJ's struggle as he does not know where he is. Fitz did well with Stevie. EJ does not. The games Stevie missed EJ did quite well. I think Stevie makes the learning curve for EJ worse and the chemistry is not quite there. I also think Stevie demands the ball, so, EJ is always looking for him instead of going through his progressions. Then EJ can't find Stevie because he does not know where he will be and timing is off. Overall, the whole passing attack is worse with Stevie in the lineup. He is a talent. But, it is like having a lefthanded QB! It just throws everyone else off.

I have been following twobillsdrive for 3 years. I enjoy it. This is my first post!

I hear banter both ways on Stevie. I do not support him for many reasons. Injuries, inconsistent play, alligator arms, not taking ownership and....something nobody seems to bring up here.

Stevie runs awkward routes. Most believe it is a benefit and it is how he gets open. And, that is true. However, I think it helps lead to EJ's struggle as he does not know where he is. Fitz did well with Stevie. EJ does not. The games Stevie missed EJ did quite well. I think Stevie makes the learning curve for EJ worse and the chemistry is not quite there. I also think Stevie demands the ball, so, EJ is always looking for him instead of going through his progressions. Then EJ can't find Stevie because he does not know where he will be and timing is off. Overall, the whole passing attack is worse with Stevie in the lineup. He is a talent. But, it is like having a lefthanded QB! It just throws everyone else off.

Well thought out and logical post. I too believe he hinders EJs development, and that is the most important thing on this team right now.

an official welcome to the board.

Now onto the Stevie thing. You may be right in a way but you can't think of it in terms of being exact. No WRs run the exact same routes. Hell, even WRs change their own routes from play to play because of coverage. This isn't anything new to the NFL or most likely EJ.

At the same time, Stevie had a great relationship with Fitz. Fitz knew where to get the ball and how to feed Stevie in ways it helped them both and the offense. They also worked together for a while, sitting on the bench together.

With all that said, players sometimes take a whole to get used to one another. Give Stevie and EJ some time. Let's see what they do together in year 2.