Trade Stevie Johnson to Carolina, they have no WRs

Security

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

They allowed the second fewest yards in the league during the second half of the season. There's reason to believe this defense is on the upswing and he's a large part of it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? He likes to 'make up his own' routes. He and fitz both spoke about this and how Fitz was someone that would know where Stevie was going to go. I seem tor recall Gailey speaking about it how he let Stevie go with it because it worked and allowed him to get open.

IIRC, it's not exactly that he "makes up his own routes". Instead it was kind of more like a timing & place thing. Stevie may do some unorthodox, bball type stuff at the LOS or before making a break and getting to a spot. Gailey said fine as long as your in your place at the right time and open, don't necessarily care how you get there.

It obviously works as Stevie has never had problems getting separation or getting jammed at the line despite his relatively small frame. The drawback being as another poster said, EJ may not necessarily know extacly where he is while the route is developing, and if protection breaks down he then is locking on to him and or potentially making a risky throw. Hopefully this year the game "slows down" a bit for EJ, and when that type of thing happens he will be better able to find his 2nd, 3rd option.

IIRC, it's not exactly that he "makes up his own routes". Instead it was kind of more like a timing & place thing. Stevie may do some unorthodox, bball type stuff at the LOS or before making a break and getting to a spot. Gailey said fine as long as your in your place at the right time and open, don't necessarily care how you get there.

It obviously works as Stevie has never had problems getting separation or getting jammed at the line despite his relatively small frame. The drawback being as another poster said, EJ may not necessarily know extacly where he is while the route is developing, and if protection breaks down he then is locking on to him and or potentially making a risky throw. Hopefully this year the game "slows down" a bit for EJ, and when that type of thing happens he will be better able to find his 2nd, 3rd option.

Solid post.

Plus if we keep stevie and draft a wr we may get lucky and say good bye to Graham!

graham is the only guy on the team with real speed aside from goodwin, I don't want to lose him no matter what unless we draft evans. Goodwin broke his wrist and was out 6 games after 1 nfl play, hes small and fragile. we need graham- he cost us a third and russel Wilson so WE NEED TO SQUEEZE SOME BLOOD FROM HIM, if slow eyes (EJ) could throw deep like thad does graham would make us all forget he kinda sucks.

Well said, especially Graham. I'm so sick of hearing about his speed. If you drop the pass, it doesn't matter how fast you are. As far as SJ speed and dropped passes, the dropped pass thing is well over stated, and if he is so slow, how did he get 3 1000 yd seasons. There is more to football than speed and he is a fantastic route runner.

Place him as a #2 after a first round pick this year, and watch the receiving core really improve.

he got about 50 more opportunities per season is how, he has a much higher drop percentage than graham, graham does not have bad hands, he dropped a big one last year and maybe another one his rookie season, SJ drops 5-10 a year including game winners. SJ is by far a more unreliable player. Graham has had a couple big TD catches get called back for holding penalties. Whens the last time SJ caught a deep ball?? oh yeah 2011. SJs ypc last year says it all 11.5 ypc TJ's? almost 16

You want to trade our "#1" bc they dont have a "#1" (although to you stevie is clearly not a #1)so we can draft a "true" "#1"

I feel like smacking myself.

good do it, steve ( which is his name) not stevieeee, is not a 1

Edited by enlightener

He pouted several times last year, was visibly upset at Tuel in the KC game on the field.

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

Trolling hard but I'll bite.

Tuel is terrible at football. I was visibly upset at him as well because he should've never seen the field last year.

SJ loves the fans and loves the city and that's kinda rare for Buffalo nowadays. His big drops and his fumble drove me just as crazy as the next fan, but what did they really cost the Buffalo Bills? Nothing. But I guess it made for some great freak out posts here. When I see a guy limping around on one leg and still putting up good numbers with terrible players passing them the football I don't want to trade him. I would love for him to move inside permanently because he is a perfect slot WR. Trading productive players for crapshoot draft picks doesn't make sense.

Relax guys this team isn't going to trade away its best WR, at least not until some of the others recently drafted start showing something more then they have shown.

Jeez, the guy is only the first Bills player in its history with back to back 1,000 yard receiving seasons, and loves to be in Buffalo. Revis island, who is the best CB in the league couldn't always cover SJ, as he is able to get open even when he is closely covered.

Once EJ gets into a sync with SJ things will get better.

We should definitely trade Stevie to Carolina because they have no WRs, this way we can have no WRs. Only makes sense

Glad other people are thinking the same thing. IDKY everyone hates on this man. He is open every play, plays hurt, still gets open while he's hobbeling around, loves Buffalo, wants to be here, loves the fans, loves his teammates, 3 straight 1000 yd seasons....yea lets trade him b/c he's dropped a few passes...smh. if we had a QB to actually throw to him he'd be tops in the league. Imagine him on the Pats? or With Peyton, Brees, etc...he'd be unstoppable. lets trade him tho for a 7th rd pick to carolina...brilliant!

Glad other people are thinking the same thing. IDKY everyone hates on this man. He is open every play, plays hurt, still gets open while he's hobbeling around, loves Buffalo, wants to be here, loves the fans, loves his teammates, 3 straight 1000 yd seasons....yea lets trade him b/c he's dropped a few passes...smh. if we had a QB to actually throw to him he'd be tops in the league. Imagine him on the Pats? or With Peyton, Brees, etc...he'd be unstoppable. lets trade him tho for a 7th rd pick to carolina...brilliant!

but he's dropped 4-5 well documented passes that cost is games. Even though they actually didn't because the defense still have up the score to lose, or another player also had a chance to make a play as well but didn't.

But stop bringing common sense to this argument.

SJ came at a time when evans had gotten hurt, old and expensive and we had no other real WR options, mix that with the fact we played from behind in a pass heavy offense and with a QB who targeted him 10 times+ a game and you get a guy w 1000 yards n a season (barely) that actually sucks, SJ cant hide hisYPC-12 and his injuries: 3 years running now, or his big play fails. 1000 yards back to back is not better than a 1600 yard season followed by and 800 yard season which both andre eric and lee all accomplished-with 16ypc averages no less, but they were true #1's. Not stop gaps default starters with maturity issues like SJ.

Anyone know what happens with to a team with only one decent WR? anyone, anyone? They usually double cover him, roll coverage's his way and the better defenses can usually shut down that one good receiver.

The Bills had a fleet of absolute crappy receivers under Gailey (that Marrone jettisoned), and yet Stevie still got open. The Jets had the very best cover CB in the NFL (a freaking 16 million dollar CB!) Yet Johnson beat him like a drum, and is about the only WR in the NFL that could.

The Falcons had WR Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalaz and then still traded away 5 draft picks to land Julio Jones. 2 firsts, a 2nd, and 2 fourths. The Lions are looking for a compliment to Megatron to take some heat away from him.

I seriously don't get the hate for a guy who loves playing in Buffalo, for a guy who is tough as nails, and plays injured all the time. Mostly because he can't stand not being on the field contributing. Knowing that he is the Bills best option at WR. So the man had an injury plagued down year last year, big deal. Up until last year the guy hadn't missed a game since 2009.

He would be their #1. Go ahead and draft the new eventual #1 WR. I am usually not for trading guys like we did in Lynch and Willis, but I guess I have changed my mind on Stevie. I am not sure he gives full effort, and he is hurt too much. If you can get a 4th, take it and run.

Nah! Your case is underwhelming at best. a 4th rounder? How about Carolina's starting Safety or Right Tackle. They'd be taking my Starting WR. Just saying...

SJ came at a time when evans had gotten hurt, old and expensive and we had no other real WR options, mix that with the fact we played from behind in a pass heavy offense and with a QB who targeted him 10 times+ a game and you get a guy w 1000 yards n a season (barely) that actually sucks, SJ cant hide hisYPC-12 and his injuries: 3 years running now, or his big play fails. 1000 yards back to back is not better than a 1600 yard season followed by and 800 yard season which both andre eric and lee all accomplished-with 16ypc averages no less, but they were true #1's. Not stop gaps default starters with maturity issues like SJ.

Thank you! :worthy:

Trolling hard but I'll bite.

Tuel is terrible at football. I was visibly upset at him as well because he should've never seen the field last year.

SJ loves the fans and loves the city and that's kinda rare for Buffalo nowadays. His big drops and his fumble drove me just as crazy as the next fan, but what did they really cost the Buffalo Bills? Nothing. But I guess it made for some great freak out posts here. When I see a guy limping around on one leg and still putting up good numbers with terrible players passing them the football I don't want to trade him. I would love for him to move inside permanently because he is a perfect slot WR. Trading productive players for crapshoot draft picks doesn't make sense.

Had you noticed that before that one bad pick 6, they were winning the game against one of the best teams in the NFL? ( also that Pick 6 was in the second half after a great drive ). Im no expert, but I would give Tuel more chances.