Trade Stevie Johnson to Carolina, they have no WRs

Security

He would be their #1. Go ahead and draft the new eventual #1 WR. I am usually not for trading guys like we did in Lynch and Willis, but I guess I have changed my mind on Stevie. I am not sure he gives full effort, and he is hurt too much. If you can get a 4th, take it and run.

Yes, because trading your best WR away is a good way to improve the team.

Only for a first or two seconds. Otherwise it hurts the team too much and we don't get much in return.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He pouted several times last year, was visibly upset at Tuel in the KC game on the field.

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

You are now, officially, a troll. Welcome to ignore.

He would be their #1. Go ahead and draft the new eventual #1 WR. I am usually not for trading guys like we did in Lynch and Willis, but I guess I have changed my mind on Stevie. I am not sure he gives full effort, and he is hurt too much. If you can get a 4th, take it and run.

I was a long time defender of Stevie, liked him right out of college. However, last couple of years I have flipped my thinking on him. As much as I want to say keep him, I think its time to move on. Honestly I think Woods will be as good, and potentially better than Stevie. I don't think Woods and Stevie compliment each other well and think we should move him for value, draft a big WR in first or second round to compliment Woods and Goodwin better and give EJ a bigger target.

My issues with Stevie is he comes up short in big moments, he's always nagged by leg injuries (even though he isn't missing games all the time, he always has these little nagging tissue injury excuses for not showing up much in games), he doesn't seem to put the time in during the offseason to improve his weaknesses, he doesn't have the size to be open in tight coverage, he doesn't have separation speed and relies on finesse routes only, and he can't take over a game.

About all he does well is run good routes. Move him and get back a 2nd or 3rd round pick, let Woods move up to #1, draft a big talent in round 1 or 2 this year to compete at #2, let Goodwin stretch the field as a #3 and take the top off the defenses. Then you have a 3 type attack: Sure handed route runner in Woods, a big strong target from the draft, and a dangerous playmaker speedster in Goodwin. Add in a big guy like Easley and a speedster like Graham to rotate around in 4 and 5 wides, and thats a very high potential receiving core thats difficult to cover.

All you got to do to Stevie is play him physical...hes not going to out muscle anyone or blow by anyone. And with his nagging groin and soft tissue issues every year, that takes away from his only strength (route running) which relies on precise and violent moves and cuts.

He pouted several times last year, was visibly upset at Tuel in the KC game on the field.

I would trade Dareus or a 2nd. He has not made the defense better. There is nothing about his play that shows if we were offered a 2nd that we should not consider it. Won't happen, but I am just saying.

You know, it's hard to detect tone in posts- perhaps this post and thread is sarcasm? Because if not, you are recommending trading Stevie and Marcell for a 2nd and a 4th rounder????!

If that's the case than we have all regressed emotionally, intellectually and probably even physically from having read it.

Trade to the Panthers because they have no WR's, so that we don't?

Stevie love is a joke he fumbles drops alligator arms and disappears every year. If this was Polian managing this team he would have been gone 2-3 years ago.

Right, the only WR who hit 1000 yds for three years straight better than Andre. He had one soft year with three QB's. That makes sense.

We don't need to keep trading or losing talent. Woods and SJ along with a first round WR in the draft could really improve this offense. If we're ever going to have a great offense, we need lots of weapons surrounding EJ. With a cast of studs and an upgraded line, I think EJ cand do something. Let him grow into his skills.

Yes, because trading your best WR away is a good way to improve the team.

Only for a first or two seconds. Otherwise it hurts the team too much and we don't get much in return.

Ouch if SJ13 is our best receiver! He is a drop machine, catches 50% of the balls that are targeted to him and THINKS HE IS A TOP Receiver in the NFL. Most of his 1000 Yards came when the Bills were already losing by double digits. So many idiots on this board. ( here comes my suspension )

Edited by curitiba

Other than making the Pro Bowl last year. Troll on.

Levitre taught the Bills not to trade or let a good player walk without a sure replacement.

This is an integral piece of a winning formula. And Alf , i sure hope you are right on this rule

Boo- Boo checklist

by

Doug Marrone

* 1 .. let a good player walk without a sure replacement. Thats the Boo-boo. oops !

correction # 1 The Andy rule

NEVER EVER .. let a good player walk without a sure replacement.

I think this wont happen again under Whaley .

Stevie still has his work cut out for him . Ej will be the fulcrum for the Offense this year. And i expect improvement will come.

No to trade SJ .

now TJ is another story , if Bills could get a 4th for him , that would be some value !

Edited by 3rdand12

Who made the Pro Bowl last year???? The dude who was in-game suspended twice for tardiness?

Yup. That's the guy. You know, 7.5 sacks, 71 tackles last year.

Ouch if SJ13 is our best receiver! He is a drop machine, catches 50% of the balls that are targeted to him and THINKS HE IS A TOP Receiver in the NFL. Most of his 1000 Yards came when the Bills were already losing by double digits. So many idiots on this board. ( here comes my suspension )

:lol: This is great coming from you.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

So he does not like to lose. Brady pouted early last year when his young receivers screwed up. He had 3 x 1000 yards season with backup qbs at best. We should be thankful he did not want to go when he became a free agent.

Who made the Pro Bowl last year???? The dude who was in-game suspended twice for tardiness?

I'm convinced you are not a Bills fan, you seem to be a fan of your own musings only. You have some skewed moral standard that you push on others who are successful. You're probably one of those people that wait outside of abortion clinics to spit on young girls.

Wouldn't it be nice for once to have a complete player who doesn't have to be benched twice for TARDINESS! HOWEVER, MEDIOCRITY IS THE WORD IN BUFFALO! Seriously, Who gives a wad about selfish players that don't buy into the team concept ( see SJ13 and MD99. )

Wouldn't it be nice for once to have a complete player who doesn't have to be benched twice for TARDINESS! HOWEVER, MEDIOCRITY IS THE WORD IN BUFFALO! Seriously, Who gives a wad about selfish players that don't buy into the team concept ( see SJ13 and MD99. )

You are very mediocre and predictable.

You are very mediocre and predictable.

My heart pisses purple blood! Im off to the abortion clinic! ( rude and ignorant poster ) We are talking football and we all have opinions! My opinion was sent to your PM!

Let me get this staight:

You want to trade our "#1" bc they dont have a "#1" (although to you stevie is clearly not a #1)so we can draft a "true" "#1"

I feel like smacking myself.

Let me get this staight:

You want to trade our "#1" bc they dont have a "#1" (although to you stevie is clearly not a #1)so we can draft a "true" "#1"

I feel like smacking myself.

Arent you guys tired of thinking that SJ13 is an actual "#1"?

On another note, Carolina couldn't care less if a great player like Steve Smith goes, but Bills fans care if an average player like SJ13 stays? I Need some more Walter White Meth to smoke.

On another note, Carolina couldn't care less if a great player like Steve Smith goes, but Bills fans care if an average player like SJ13 stays? I Need some more Walter White Meth to smoke.

Who guards your bridge when you're here?

Whether stevie is an NFL #1 is semantics and irrelevant. When healthy hes our best WR and a proven solid WR. Letting him go leaves us with a gaping hole at the position. You want graham to be your #2? You think a rookie WR is going to come in here and put up 1000+ yds? Youre delusional.

And stevie smith 35 and SJ is 27. Maybe u should put down the pipe.

Whether stevie is an NFL #1 is semantics and irrelevant. When healthy hes our best WR and a proven solid WR. Letting him go leaves us with a gaping hole at the position. You want graham to be your #2? You think a rookie WR is going to come in here and put up 1000+ yds? Youre delusional.

And stevie smith 35 and SJ is 27. Maybe u should put down the pipe.

im pretty sure ive said that yards comes easy when a team is losing by double digits and defenses are playing prevent. I looked up delusional in the dictionary..ur avatar came up. I looked up choke artist, and my avatar Pic came up!

Bills can't get rid of this fool fast enough. The team should trade him for a bag of Cheez-Doodles and can of ginger ale. He's a distraction and embarrassment to the organization. TRADE HIM!

Love the name, love the Avatar Pic more!

Better idea.

How about we keep him. Then if we happen to land a good receiver, we can get rid of Kevin Elliott, Chris Hogan, TJ Graham or someone that is worthless.

No matter how much you dislke Stevie, he's definitely better than those guys.

Eric B & Rakim takes care of me. Soulja Boy is waiting for you!

What is a soulja boy? Something that you pick up on a street corner on a lonely Friday night? Not my cup of tea but hey, whatever makes you happy.

Better idea.

How about we keep him. Then if we happen to land a good receiver, we can get rid of Kevin Elliott, Chris Hogan, TJ Graham or someone that is worthless.

No matter how much you dislke Stevie, he's definitely better than those guys.

Fair enough, I agree that he is def more talented than those guys. Even so, I would still rather have them on the team and ditch SJ. Especially with Woods, Goodwin and a probable #1 pick. He is a poor sportsman, poor example for younger fans, and most importantly a poor clutch player. Give me those depth players + Flash, Woods and #1 any day.

Fair enough, I agree that he is def more talented than those guys. Even so, I would still rather have them on the team and ditch SJ. Especially with Woods, Goodwin and a probable #1 pick. He is a poor sportsman, poor example for younger fans, and most importantly a poor clutch player. Give me those depth players + Flash, Woods and #1 any day.

How is he a poor sportsman and poor example for younger fans? Please provide an example from LAST year. Let me guess. He gave up on the Tuel interception. He should have pretended to be able to catch up even though he had no chance right?

How is he a poor sportsman and poor example for younger fans? Please provide an example from LAST year. Let me guess. He gave up on the Tuel interception. He should have pretended to be able to catch up even though he had no chance right?

April 4th 2013:

Bills Receiver Stevie Johnson Tweets That North Korea Should Bomb Foxborough

Alright. Have fun with your opinion.

Lets say that once a year Stevie does like my 2 year old says " a Cacaca " ( a big sh.it ). How many big shi.ts are you willing to endure? Obviously many on here would love for SJ13 to stay in Buffalo and make more CACACAs! In 2013, He might have given up on the TUEL INT, he might have said to nuke Foxboro ( which I agree) , but dropping the ball in the fourth against Pats and Losing the ball against ATL is enough Cacaca for me! ( lets not forget the beautiful shirt he sported in 2013 ....remember the U.S.S. FUHKMORE? ) LOSER ALERT, LOSER ALERT!

This place makes me want to punch a baby at times. Curitiba, Just quit this site. Your crusade is tiring. Even the people here that would believe that Stevie is not needed are sick of your crap. Clutch... Who the hell are you? I'm only assuming your an alter ego of Curitiba.

Everyone is sick of all your crap guys. Give it up. Bobonaters and MJT are 100% correct. Regardless how much you or anyone else thinks Stevie is not a true #1 WR in this league and is a "bad role model for the young fans" (that is extremely laughable by the way)... He is OUR number 1. He is OUR BEST WR. And if you think getting rid of him so that Graham, Hogan, Elliot can get more playing time is a good thing, you know absolutely nothing about football and should quit watching forever. You do nothing but make a fool out of yourself.

This place makes me want to punch a baby at times. Curitiba, Just quit this site. Your crusade is tiring. Even the people here that would believe that Stevie is not needed are sick of your crap. Clutch... Who the hell are you? I'm only assuming your an alter ego of Curitiba.

Everyone is sick of all your crap guys. Give it up. Bobonaters and MJT are 100% correct. Regardless how much you or anyone else thinks Stevie is not a true #1 WR in this league and is a "bad role model for the young fans" (that is extremely laughable by the way)... He is OUR number 1. He is OUR BEST WR. And if you think getting rid of him so that Graham, Hogan, Elliot can get more playing time is a good thing, you know absolutely nothing about football and should quit watching forever. You do nothing but make a fool out of yourself.

So according to you, people who don't agree with you are wrong! Ha ha! Enjoy more big sh.its by SJ13 in 2014!