FJax has been in touch with Jairus and he's still open to returnin

I guess that there really is hope after all!

https://twitter.com/johnmurphyshow/status/44138184301569638

Go Bills!

Ok, I apologize, technology has left me behind. I thought that I could just copy the link to the tweet but I guess I can't. Anyways this is what John Murphy tweeted about 9:00 tonight.

"@JohnMurphyShow: Jackson says he has been in touch with Jairus Byrd and Byrd tells him that he is open to returning to the team."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he sign here when he can play in a place like cleveland. Its probly because the public bus system there runs an hour later than buffalo. I mean can u blame the guy? He might even get to comb kevin costners hair plugs at that awesome movie premier. That Kevin costner is just the best actor. We got screwed by cleveland yet again.

What's next they're gonna get mel gibson to play brandon weeden in the movie about the browns beating us in week 6.

But seriously. There is no chance he resigns here.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Byrd HAS to say he is open to returning to the team. If he said otherwise he would lose negotiating leverage. If Buffalo does make him a juicy offer, that only further helps him get a better deal with another team.

We all want Byrd to stay but I think we'll just have to be happy with Williams.

Byrd HAS to say he is open to returning to the team. If he said otherwise he would lose negotiating leverage. If Buffalo does make him a juicy offer, that only further helps him get a better deal with another team.

I can understand this angle but I truly believe that Byrd would not deliberately mislead his teammate, especially someone like Fred. I also believe that Byrd does love his teammates and he's not that type of person. I know that sounds corny but Jairus is a good man, he always speaks of God and blessings. I would be shocked if he was anything other than honest and above board.

"It is just business." JB after returning to the team, when asked about the tag last year. I am sure that is what it is. I want him in Buffalo but if he goes, it has little to do with teammates, fans, religion, it has to do with winning and getting very good money. Winners in the HOF from superbowl teams do well after fb too. The chances of that in Bflo is diminished, going by the history of the francise.

FJax? Really? Way to butcher a guys name.

I believe that Byrd is open to returning to the Bills.

Question is, how open is he to returning?

90%? 10%?

If he wanted to stay here he would have signed by now....what's different now?

My last name is Antonucci....should I be called JAnt?

Why did you feel the need to post that negative comment about the OP? Anywho, I really doubt Fred Jackson gives a crud. He is the one that his teammates call FredEx and this year InFredible Hulk. Cheers Italian Stallion!

Why did you feel the need to post that negative comment about the OP? Anywho, I really doubt Fred Jackson gives a crud. He is the one that his teammates call FredEx and this year InFredible Hulk. Cheers Italian Stallion!

Didn't mean to be rude...I apologize

I can understand this angle but I truly believe that Byrd would not deliberately mislead his teammate, especially someone like Fred. I also believe that Byrd does love his teammates and he's not that type of person. I know that sounds corny but Jairus is a good man, he always speaks of God and blessings. I would be shocked if he was anything other than honest and above board.

Seriously?? Byrd is offered $10 mill/year by the Bills and he still wants to test the waters. I'd say he doesn't give a **** about his teammates.

I'm pretty sure Buffalo has made their final offer....

I think Byrd is going to make his decision based solely on money. If we agree to pay him the most money, he will come back. If someone else pays him more, then he's gone.

Personally, I think if you make decisions in life that are driven by money, you will end up unhappy. But that's his prerogative.

i'm open to dating kate upton.

:w00t: I love Byrd as a player but I've accepted he's not coming back and I'm ready to move forward. I think Byrd is a top 3 S but I do question spending that much on a S. I also want to get players who really want to be here and not just because we completely overpay them.

No thanks....I think the BILLS should have done the transition tag, even if it was for a 2nd Rounder - which I think they could have gotten, but at this point it's all moot...let Byrd go, use the money to rebuild the O-line and allow the young and developing Safeties to show what they can do next season...

Goddam Italians...nothing but trouble since you left the old country.

They're the same bastards pining for the Bills to select Garrapolo in the first round...sons a bitches. :D

I think Byrd is going to make his decision based solely on money. If we agree to pay him the most money, he will come back. If someone else pays him more, then he's gone.

Personally, I think if you make decisions in life that are driven by money, you will end up unhappy. But that's his prerogative.

Dude gets over 10,000 posts and suddenly turns into Norman Vincent Peale. :rolleyes:

I believe that Byrd is open to returning to the Bills.

Question is, how open is he to returning?

90%? 10%?

He is open to returning to the extent that the Bills offer is the best offer for him. He will go where the best offer is.

Well, it appears that if all things are equal Byrd stays with us. Now, if another offer comes in a little bit more from another team does he sign just for the money or does he still stays with us due to being content? I guess that would be the question in my mind at this time but only Byrd can answer that.

As far as FJax goes I I only did that to try and fit it all into the title, no disrespect meant.

Go Bills!

Eugene Parker is in control, not FredEx, or FJac or Father Sarduci

I don't know about that, Father Sarduci has a way with words.

Regarding Byrd, he's just being polite to his friends, I believe he doesn't want to be here.

I believe that that could have been some of the reason why they didn't tag Byrd . I think Whaley may have had a good long talk with Jarius & the talk was about him being able to see what was out there in FA & that the only way the Bills would have a chance at him coming back was allowing him to do so .

But i truly don't see him coming back ! I think Cleveland has the kind of money to go get Byrd & with the way Byrd enjoyed working with in Pettines scheme i think it's all but a done deal . Which is one reason why it baffled me why the Bills didn't tag him & start talking trade with the Browns to add to the amount of draft picks we have .

It's been nice watching Byrd in a Bills uni i just hope if he does leave he goes to the 49ers or some where where we don't have to see him 2 times a year . Bye Bye Byrdie !!

Of course he is open for returning as long as some team does not meet his insanely high salary demands. If the Bills had any stones they would publicly state that they offered Byrd a very generous contract, he declined & now they are pulling their offer. But they won't do that, they will just continue to sit there & let parker make an ahole out of them.

Edited by Gordio

Yep, I bet he signs with another team 1st day of FA. I'm going to guess the 49ers

I doubt it would be the 49ers. Too many other stars there that ultimately need to get paid. They already let Gholston walk rather than pay him what he wanted so it seems they are not inclined to tie up that kind of money in a safety. The Eagles might be a possibility but they have already thrown around some fat contracts. Of the potential top contenders, Denver may be the best fit. I do not know what their cap situation is like, but they need secondary help.

In his interview with John Murphy last night, Aaron Williams said Byrd would "love" to be back with the Bills. I think Jairus is just separating his business considerations from his personal feelings.

I think that's actually a bull **** answer to cover the simple motivating factor....greed. Byrd wants to make as much money as possible, he doesn't give a **** about his teammates. If the Bills offered him an $18M signing bonus and $10 per he's going to forget all about his teammates and he'll wind up singing somewhere else for $20M and $11 per yer.

Normal people take less money for jobs they love everyday. Most of them won't make in their lifetime what Byrd will pay in in taxes. Teammates my ass, it's all about the Benjamin's for Byrd.

I have a feeling if we give him the biggest offer, and none of his other suitors are guaranteed winners, he'll come back. But otherwise he's gone.

I won't want him back in that case.

And for as terrible as a lot of Buffalo sports "journalists" are (Tim Graham, Jerry Sullivan), I just want to say John Murphy is awesome. I don't get to listen to his show as much as I like but he always gets good guests and is a good listen.

my money is on Parker already knowing he has a deal lined up with another team in the first 24 hours.

They have the whole weekend to field offers and can't sign until couple of days later. If Byrd is true to his word, they may give Bills the opportunity to match the best offer.

I doubt it would be the 49ers. Too many other stars there that ultimately need to get paid. They already let Gholston walk rather than pay him what he wanted so it seems they are not inclined to tie up that kind of money in a safety. The Eagles might be a possibility but they have already thrown around some fat contracts. Of the potential top contenders, Denver may be the best fit. I do not know what their cap situation is like, but they need secondary help.

aren't the 49ers letting Whitner and a few others go? I know they have to sign Kaepernick so you may be right.

I won't want him back in that case.

And for as terrible as a lot of Buffalo sports "journalists" are (Tim Graham, Jerry Sullivan), I just want to say John Murphy is awesome. I don't get to listen to his show as much as I like but he always gets good guests and is a good listen.

Why wouldn't you? We probably have multiple players on the team. Do you think Mario is here because he thought we are winning franchise? No, he came because we spent a **** ton of money. I have no problem with Byrd protecting his interests going forward. I'd prefer if we had players that actively want to be here, but I certainly understand if players would rather play for someone like the 49ers*, for slightly less money.

* - not predicting he'll be there, just using them as an example.