Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say mid-late 1st round, or a 2nd and some change would be the likely compensation for Byrd. The Bears, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles all have a tremendous need for a safety. Byrd is miles better than any safety in this draft and still young. Why wouldn't a team want a "sure deal" franchise safety with their 1st round pick? Seems logical to me.

That's the same logic the Bills employed when they "stole" Whitner.

Absolutely. Levitre is good. He is not elite, but he is a pretty high quality starter. And he's durable. You can't really pin CJ0K's season on Andy, though. The right side of the line was crap. Warmack didn't play like a top 10 pick and Stewart is an average and overpaid RT. Roos and Levitre make are a pretty good left side.

Looking at CJ(actually)1K's stats, he averaged 4.6 YPC to each sideline and right side, but just 3.6 to the left side.

The Bills were 2-3 without Byrd, 3-6 with Byrd starting, and 1-1 with him playing but not starting and getting back into game shape. While it would nice to still have him, the fortunes of the ream do not rest with him.

But I still say tag him and look to trade him, and if that doesn't work, make him play.

This is all true.

However, we will need a more viable option than Searcy, and we don't know if Duke Williams is ready to be a starter.

There must be someone we can sign in free agency to help us. I do NOT want to draft Clinton-Dix.

What would the Bills gain Beerball? He will hold outtill the end . Foot problem will arise again. probably miss 4-5 games. A cancer to the team. He doesn`t want to be here. He`s not worth the money. He never was a game changer like Polamola ..steeler safety. Not even close. Waste of money. Probably not spelled correct.

This is all true.

However, we will need a more viable option than Searcy, and we don't know if Duke Williams is ready to be a starter.

There must be someone we can sign in free agency to help us. I do NOT want to draft Clinton-Dix.

Plenty of decent options in FA, which must be a factor in the FO's decision.

This guy has posted some news in the past not sure how credible he is.

Damond Talbot (@drocksthaparty) tweeted at 3:22pm - 2 Mar 14:

@ByTimGraham I was told by a very good source Byrd was made a 5 year deal worth over 50 but he does not want to be a Bill (

)

Well if the Byrd stories hold that has sure been a banner weekend for Buffalo sports. Sabres trade franchise goalie and captain and LaFontaine resigns and now this, unreal.

No its not, we are talking about the Bills and Sabres.

Anything may happen. We fans have to suffer. Its part a being a fan around here. Next thing you know the Bills will be in the playoffs next yr and the Sabres will will the Cup in 2015. :doh: :D

While I am as frustrated as anyone that Byrd won't sign, I don't think that tagging him is the answer. If there were a trade market for him, I really think that they'd have traded him last year. Teams know that they don't have to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for him as the Bills truly have almost no leverage.

It does suck, but I think the best course of action is to let him go in FA and use the money that they'd have spent on Byrd to extend other good young players AND sign a FA that can contribute this year.

No doubt that Byrd is a very good player, but there is really very little the Bills can do to force him to stay (that is, if they want good play for a full season AND to get something for him.

Better to spend this money on player(s) that want to be here and contribute.

I agree and I think this is the Bills stance as well. Use the would be tag money for Byrd on a top tier FA and get a player who wants to be here 3 - 4 years. If Byrd is in fact gone, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills try to trade down 5 - 8 spots in the first round like last year. The key for the Bills is to have another strong draft.

"Everyone?" I'm pretty sure that has been mentioned in this thread, and going back a year now concerning Byrd, about a million times...There are plenty of Bills fans that have felt this way all along...Myself included... B-)

Yeah, I understand that.

What upsets me is, when the season ended, Byrd said he was open to returning to Buffalo, and that he would like to remain with the Bills.

Should any of us have taken Byrd seriously when he made those comments?

Does anyone here honestly think that this franchise is fully committed to winning?

They are fully committed to managing their bottom line. I'm sure they'd LIKE to win, but only after they've maximized their bottom line.

If they truly offered him $10M per year then yes...I'd LOVE to hear how that offer means they're not committed to winning but instead to their bottom line.

Yeah, I understand that.

What upsets me is, when the season ended, Byrd said he was open to returning to Buffalo, and that he would like to remain with the Bills.

Should any of us have taken Byrd seriously when he made those comments?

Why wouldn't you at that time?

What would the Bills gain Beerball? He will hold outtill the end . Foot problem will arise again. probably miss 4-5 games. A cancer to the team. He doesn`t want to be here. He`s not worth the money. He never was a game changer like Polamola ..steeler safety. Not even close. Waste of money. Probably not spelled correct.

Please explain how Byrd is not a "game changer"--whatever that means. 33 forced turnovers (interceptions and forced fumbles) in 73 career games. "Polamola" has 45 forced turnovers (13 forced fumbles and 32 ints) in exactly twice as many career games. Who is the "game changer"?