Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

What would the Bills gain Beerball? He will hold outtill the end . Foot problem will arise again. probably miss 4-5 games. A cancer to the team. He doesn`t want to be here. He`s not worth the money. He never was a game changer like Polamola ..steeler safety. Not even close. Waste of money. Probably not spelled correct.

Respect. Nobody respects a weakling especially in this business. Agents will be free to walk all over the Bills now.

Also, the Bills letting Byrd walk would set a horrible president for what to do if you're a great Bills player that no longer wants to be here.

You tag Byrd and tell him and his agent to go scratch...and don't come with an offer for a trade to another team that he likes unless it's a low 1st or high 2nd round pick. Otherwise see you week 7 of the 2014 season when you'll still have to play hard for a long term contract.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they truly offered him $10M per year then yes...I'd LOVE to hear how that offer means they're not committed to winning but instead to their bottom line.

If that's what they offered to him it makes no sense not tagging him - they'd have him for less, and would have a year of his services and to groom a replacement.

If that's what they offered to him it makes no sense not tagging him - they'd have him for less, and would have a year of his services and to groom a replacement.

They probably don't want to pay him $4M for sitting out half the season.

Sign for less elsewhere??? What on earth is the foundation for this idea?

I'm sure the belief in Byrds camp is the open market is the path to the biggest payday. This isn't some vast conspiracy or diabolical character flaw.

I am sure if Bryd hit free agency and the bills beat all the offers he'd happily keep his locker.

I would not be surprised if he signed for less elsewhere.

Byrd wants to screw over the Bills not the rest of the league.

Oh I agree they should tag him...you didn't answer my question though

Thank you. He is a great player, who can play the run and the pass, can hit hard, and makes turnovers and big plays. He's in the prime of his career.

Yes he is, but let's hold off on giving him that bust in Canton for now.

Byrd does not want to be in Buffalo, he prolly told his agent this after last yr.

Tagging him does no good at this point. He would have sat out most of the season and still got paid . No sense in going through that hott mess.

At least we know now A. Williams is gonna be the free safety. Let him get the snaps in preseason and lets move on.

Does anyone here honestly think that this franchise is fully committed to winning?

They are fully committed to managing their bottom line. I'm sure they'd LIKE to win, but only after they've maximized their bottom line.

The fact that football people aren't allowed in the room during contract negotiations tells me all I need to know.

Yes he is, but let's hold off on giving him that bust in Canton for now.

If Byrd plays as well the rest of his career as he has played so far, yes, he is (or should be) a Hall of Famer.

Bottom line is that this whole Byrd debactical is just very frustrating. How we draft a guy and then just watch him walk. I don't know who's fault it it, I just know that I don't like it. If Byrd lands up in Cleveland I think that I could start really hating that team.

As much as people want to laud Byrd, he has had it here and wants to pursue free agency no matter what. It sounds like the contract the Bills offered was more than fair, and Byrd and Parker in the end are just resentful of the front office.

or he's tired of losing

The fact that football people aren't allowed in the room during contract negotiations tells me all I need to know.

I wasn't aware that this was a fact, or even a supposition or rumor...is there a link for this revelation?

I wasn't aware that this was a fact, or even a supposition or rumor...is there a link for this revelation?

Theory: Bills offer slightly under what Park and Byrd are willing to accept in terms of guaranteed money; he rejects. They leak to press Sunday to pressure Parker and Byrd. They come up tomorrow. If he doesn't sign, they franchise. Still think they find a way to get this done and or get something for him. Delusional, perhaps. I don't, however, think we've seen the last volley.

Byrd's replacement is already on the squad in the form of Aaron Williams. Searcy then becomes your starting SS. Plus Meeks and D Williams. I wouldn't rule out another safety somewhere in the draft, either.

GO BILLS!!!

I see things the same way, and actually I don't think its a bad idea to just stand pat with the 4 guys we have, pretty comfortable with it if I were coach.. Williams and Searcy's backups are similar body types in Willams Williams and Searcy, Meeks... Jury still out on Meeks buy Marrone seems to love the kid from what I remember

Exactly. Whaley would have had him signed long term last year.

Overdorf handles all contract negotiations. Has for a long time.

I would not be surprised if he signed for less elsewhere.

Byrd wants to screw over the Bills not the rest of the league.

I don't think he wants to screw over the Bills, he just doesn't want to play in Buffalo. If you really think about it, can you blame him?